Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2017 7:09:50 AM EDT
Is there a product out there that can convert a non anti rotational QD socket into anti rotational? Would like to change the socket on my VLTOR Stock. I dont know why they even make them without anti rotation. It's stupid.

Thinking there has to be something similar to the magpul paraclip adapter that plugs into those sockets, except instead of a paraclip hook, QD socket.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Subscribed for replies.

I, too, would like to convert some to non-rotational. I've given it some thought but haven't come up with any solutions.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I do see how it this would be possible.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Little dab'o JB weld in the ball bearing channel?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there a product out there that can convert a non anti rotational QD socket into anti rotational? Would like to change the socket on my VLTOR Stock. I dont know why they even make them without anti rotation. It's stupid.

Thinking there has to be something similar to the magpul paraclip adapter that plugs into those sockets, except instead of a paraclip hook, QD socket.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Think about it, even if the new top socket had anti-rotation notches, the adapter itself would be siting in a non-anti-rotation socket, so the adapter itself would freely rotate, along with the sling swivel attached to it...

Something like the Magpul paraclip adapter might be feasible, but it would have to stick out quite a bit, and given enough torque it could still rotate that mount in the original socket.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Think about it, even if the new top socket had anti-rotation notches, the adapter itself would be siting in a non-anti-rotation socket, so the adapter itself would freely rotate, along with the sling swivel attached to it...

Something like the Magpul paraclip adapter might be feasible, but it would have to stick out quite a bit, and given enough torque it could still rotate that mount in the original socket.
View Quote
The magpul product locks in pretty tight with friction. I see what you are saying though. Maybe instead of the mount sticking out, it could offset to the side to keep it lower profile.

I love my VLTOR stocks, but hate the rotational QD sockets.

Do the LMT sopmods, or b5 sopmods rotate as well?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
and why is that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There is this product you can use if there is a sling slot cut into the stock, or otherwise someplace flat and thin where you could drill pass-through holes:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-buttstock-sling-mount-n-slot/
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and why is that?
View Quote
Love the feel and cheek weld the stock provides, hate that my sling gets all twisted and tangled. Especially if my rifle gets put down with the sling on and I go to pick it back up, it can be a hassle. I run a 2 point, with the rear point on the right side, and forward point of the left. The rotation allows it to drop down or over the top of the stock and get all tangled and jacked up. Not the end of the world, but not my favorite thing to deal with either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fourth post nailed it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I did this to an old one I got for free.99

Apply JB weld at two opposing points in the bearing channel with a toothpick. Let set.

Be careful to use only a small dab and not to get it outside of the channel
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The magpul product locks in pretty tight with friction. I see what you are saying though. Maybe instead of the mount sticking out, it could offset to the side to keep it lower profile.

Do the LMT sopmods, or b5 sopmods rotate as well?
View Quote
The SOPMODs do not rotate.  You should buy one.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top