Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2017 5:00:56 PM EDT
So, I understand that the chance of actually encountering a bayonet situation is right up there with being assumed bodily into heaven. Still, I like bayonets. You probably have noticed that the bayonet mount on an M4gery is in the wrong place. Well I bought a few of these here adapters, from Triple R. Installed with a glop of loctite hi-temp red, they are rock solid, and put the bayonet in the proper mil-spec location around the flash hider.
http://www.triple-r-products.com/product-comparisons.htmllink
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]

So, here it is. The one on the bottom is where it would be without the adapter. On this bushmaster pencil barrel, it would have like a 1/2" of flop. Even on a standard barrel, it's loose as shit. I head a couple pieces of shrink tube on my STAG 15, and that fixed the flop, sort of, but didn't do anything about half the blade being behind the muzzle. You see the the the front of the adapter is a good 1/2 cm away from the barrel on this pencil barrel, hanging in space. It's only a millimeter or three on a thick barrel, but still unsupported. That worried me. But it's machined so tight, it doesn't matter that I can tell. I think the bayonet actually fits it better than the original. It's tighter, with less play, than my CMP Garand with a vintage issue bayonet. Like, actually usable.
Not that it's likely....but it's the kind of retarded tacticool I throw away my money on
Some people collect beanie babies....
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top