Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2017 8:36:53 PM EDT
Well, I like it. The plastic buckles are beefy and not cheap.
The leg straps have this rubbery stuff (gray lines on the leg straps) to keep it from sliding around.
It holds four 30-round AR-15 magazines easily. There are two Molle attachments on each side. There is more than enough length for the leg straps for most guys.
There are two ways to lock down the cover, either the plastic buckle or velcro or you could do both. There's a velcro flap that you can pull out out of the body of the mag holders to cover the velcro to use the plastic buckles.

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea of them but yet to try one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I fucking despise any type of drop leg platform, whether it be for a pistol holster or MOLLE pouches.  Ever try running with that much weight suspended that far down your leg?  It's fucking horrible.  It'll yank down your belt on one side, simultaneously digging the other side into your hip and the platform will not stay put no matter how tight you make those leg straps (unless you like cutting off circulation).

There's a reason most guys who carry guns for a living have gotten away from drop leg platforms (except for very specific applications/they have no other option).
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Adjusting the platform to ride as high as possible greatly reduces the issue with running. Getting it close to the hip allows it to pivot instead of swinging. I've run miles wearing a Safariland 6004 holster with no issues. When wearing any kind of leg platform, wear a separate belt so it doesn't pull your pants down. Makes taking it on/off easier as well. Using single mag pouches vs double mag pouches also helps in all issues.

Drop legs come in handy when real estate is an issue. Us fat guys have more space for shit on our upper bodies.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top