Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:52:15 AM EDT
Super newbie––go easy!! This is for home defense, you get the picture.

Wanting to mount (2) point sling, already have 1 1/4-90 degree sling ring for front forearm––-
But what do I use for the rear stock––-It has a fixed ring, from factory.

How do I remove to make it look-OK––-
and who makes a good 90 degree sling ring, that I can attach to the side??

Another dumb question––I shoot left handed––What side should the rings be on??

thanks for any help––and patiance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really sure I understand your question, but I'll try.

First off if your talking about an end plate with a sling loop, then maybe something like this for lefties

GG&G

You can find that same type of end plate for lefties and it should be on the right side of the rifle for a lefty.  Like this one since you're using a sling

GG&G

If you have the standard sling loop on the fixed buttstock then you can't just remove it cause the butt plate screws into it.  You could take a dremel tool and cut it off flush with the stock.  I don't use mine, but have never cut it off.  I just left it.  I've never had an issue with it being there.

I use a Sully Stock which is fixed, but shorter than normal fixed  or A2 stocks.  It has been a very long time since I messed with the actual A2 stocks, so I might be wrong about the sling loop.  On my Sully, the screw that holds the butt stock pad in place screws into the sling loop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks bikeman543, for taking the time to answer a somewhat confusing question.

It took me until night to realize that the end plate screw held the sling loop––daw!!

QUESTION––what is that tiny spring between the stock and lower––really for???

I appreciate the links––but what I really want to do is use a good strong- (screw in) sling ring––and mount it on side of stock––kinda like, as if I had a collacsible stock. I think (uncle mike's) may make one??––any other sources??
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks bikeman543, for taking the time to answer a somewhat confusing question.

It took me until night to realize that the end plate screw held the sling loop––daw!!

QUESTION––what is that tiny spring between the stock and lower––really for???

I appreciate the links––but what I really want to do is use a good strong- (screw in) sling ring––and mount it on side of stock––kinda like, as if I had a collacsible stock. I think (uncle mike's) may make one??––any other sources??

No problem, glad to help.

That tiny spring puts pressure on the detent pin (a very tiny pin) that keeps the rear receiver pin from falling out.  I may have the terminology wrong.  The pin you push out at the rear of the receiver to separate the lower from the upper.  Be very careful, cause if you tilt the receiver that detent spring will fall out and you may not notice.  You won't figure it out until you go to to put her back together and the receiver pin won't click.  There is a spring and detent pin under the grip, too.  It is to put pressure on the safety lever.

I've tried 3 times now and can't get the link to work, for some reason. Go back to GG&G and they have the type that wrap around the stock tube and screw on.  But, I don't know if they make those for an A2 stock.  You'd have to search around.  I keep referring to GG&G just cause I know they have some.  There are plenty of other sources. I just don't know they make them for A2's.  I'm not really sure which one you're referring to.  Learn to post pics or links and we can better understand what you're wanting.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top