Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:07:15 AM EDT
I am being deployed to Iraq soon, My unit has M16A2's, and I need info on which sling to buy. I don't know if my unit has a rule against adding a side mount for a single point sling, so I would like to know which slings can be used without any gunsmithing
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Any three point sling will work, it all depends on what you are looking for.
If you are looking for a single point then you will need some type of adapter. There are several manufacture that make adapter plates that you will need to remove the stock. It all depends on how you want to connect your sling. Tango Down does make an adapter that fits over a fixed stock and is tightened down with hex screws, so you can remove and attach it easily. Not sure of anyone else that makes one without having to remove the stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
the px 's in iraq sold spec ops brand sling 101 and mamba both worked ok. I don't like single points myself and they are not practical for the longer rifle as they are for the carbine. also the wilderness is a good brand and eagle as well. I don't like blackhawk because much of thier products are made in vietnam!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
SpecterGear makes a good sling that will work on both the M16A2 and the A4 even if it has the rails, and covers making the diameter larger.  And of course it works with a side sling adapter.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top