Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 6:42:08 PM EDT by sheltot]
I hate to ask a question that may have been posted before, but I came up dry with search - so here goes:

I have a Bushy M4gery and I would like a vertical foregrip on it. However, I really don't have the $$ for a new set of forestocks with rails. Does such an animal exist?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 8:49:54 PM EDT by MrMojoRising]
You can get a rail like this...

And mount it like this...

But it's not the best way and will not be very sturdy. The add-on rails are fine if you just want to mount a light but the plastic handguards just can't hold up to a forward grip if you really use it.

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/combo.htm
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:28:28 PM EDT

But it's not the best way and will not be very sturdy. The add-on rails are fine if you just want to mount a light but the plastic handguards just can't hold up to a forward grip if you really use it.

+1

When I bought my Colt, it had one of these installed on it. Every time I went to the range, the screws holding the rail in place would work themselves loose after just a few rounds. Not worth the $20 you'd pay.

Remember this little adage when it comes to buying things for your firearms (and most everything else in life): You can spend a lot of money once and get the good stuff, or you can spend a little money each time, a lot of times, and constantly have to deal with crappy stuff. You decide what you want to do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:06:19 AM EDT
easier to say: "Buy Nice or Buy Twice!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:10:18 PM EDT
Yeah, I'd skip on that. It looks like a real turkey. Thanks for the warning!
Top Top