Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:58:17 AM EDT
I was talking to a Army buddy (I am a former Marine) and he said that all of the "Jarheads" in Iraq use a the SWIFT sling made by Blackhawk.  Is this true?  I said there were a variety of slings over there.  Dependng on what the guys bought back in the states.

Come on Marines, sound off so I can power down this Army puke!  

If I am wrong, let me down softly!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was talking to a Army buddy (I am a former Marine) and he said that all of the "Jarheads" in Iraq use a the SWIFT sling made by Blackhawk.  Is this true?  I said there were a variety of slings over there.  Dependng on what the guys bought back in the states.

Come on Marines, sound off so I can power down this Army puke!  

If I am wrong, let me down softly!

Between what individual Marines buy and what units buy with their discretionary funds, there are all variety of slings in use.  There is a new sling being developed by SYSCOM, but I have no idea what the current status of it is.  STLRN has posted answers to this question many times (hint to use the search function), perhaps he'll help you out and post them again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
My unit (4th Combat Engineer Battalion) bought and issued Spec-Ops MAMBA 3-point slings, and that's what I used my 7months in Iraq.  I was also issued a Blackhawk sling at the CARDF, but I stuck with the MAMBA, mostly because it had what they call their "power strike zone" stretch feature, which they say is for butt strokes but I liked because it made it more comfortable and easier to manipulate over the OTV.

JDC
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
How long have you been with 4th CEB? I just came back in oct and was runing with 4th CEB @ asp wolf and the dam.

do you know a Cpl/Sgt, Hinton he is in texas with us...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
8th ESB had Spec-Ops...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a former Jar myself. I've seen some guys using EZ Slings AKA Cheezy Slings. (www.slingsystem.com) They work decent and I use them on my patrol AR at work. About 29 bucks shipped.

Let em hang.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
8th ESB had Spec-Ops...

I was with them a very long time ago 84-88
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you still in jacksonville...   I did about 7 years at Lejune and cherry point,
Boy can I use some smithfields chicken.
Out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have that blackhawk sling for a M16A2, I like it but want to try something else for my M4 at home.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys are confirming what I knew to be true.  There is a whole lot of different types being used.

Is the Corps going to standardize this...and if so, anyone know which sling they will be issuing?

I was in the Pit (Cherry Point) 91-92.  Most of my time in the suck was at MCAS Beaufort 85-91/92-95.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You guys are confirming what I knew to be true.  There is a whole lot of different types being used.

Is the Corps going to standardize this...and if so, anyone know which sling they will be issuing?

I was in the Pit (Cherry Point) 91-92.  Most of my time in the suck was at MCAS Beaufort 85-91/92-95.

I think GSA has a hard time filling order and they take there time shipping them off.  It takes like zero time to use the government card and go buy it out in town or go online...

The corps has been skipping GSA and saving money
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
all the slings in use in my unit were purchased individually by soldiers themselves the most common being the spec ops sling 101 and mamba 'cause thats what AAFES carried on base.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top