Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:28:13 PM EDT
I bought a Versapod off of ebay in "NEW" condition, but it does not quite seem to be as such.

The ball joint that the legs swing forward on and can swivel on (to aim left or right) has about 1mm of freeplay between the two sides of the upper portion's socket. Is this normal? should the socket (kind-of U shaped) be bent back toward each other to make a more snug joint?

There is a bolt that goes through the socket and ball horizontally, and the sides of the socket do not seem to be perfectly flush with the nut or or the end of the bolt.

Could/should I just grease it up and go about my day?

Should the guy get negative feedback for the item being in this condition? It was described in the auction "New and never used Versa pod and mount. As stated it is new without any box. Buyer to pay actual shipping cost. Payment by money order or a good check."

Thanks!!
-Colin
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top