Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:48:56 AM EDT
Hello I'm planningon taking a Carbine class this summer and I'm trying to decide what I really need as far as a chest rig. Everyone I talk to says get this or that. The selection is overwhelming. I'm not going to be knocking doors down or going on any patrols. I just need something for classes and SHTF. Money not being an issue what do you guys recommend?  

I've been looking at  Eagle, HSGI and ESSTAC.

Or would I be better of with a Vest?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=300229

My only choice, after buying one I felt this was the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

I had been looking for a long time to get a rig that's the best bang for the buck and I'm going to get the Eagle brand from SKD Tactical in a week or two from now.

My second distant choice is the Specter Gear but I like the Eagle better.

I prefer the chest rig rather than a vest because of the hot climate in my area.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
i cant recommend the Eagle universal rig from SKD highly enough.. SKD had these made without the 2 end pouches giving you the flexabiliy that was the only thing the universal rig lacked. i added a holster on one side and a smoke pouch on the other end.

6- 30rd mags
2 15rd pistol mags
CZ-75
M-18 smoke
ka-bar
SOG power plier
sure fire Z2

not a bad load out for a $75 rig.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently used the SKD version of the PH-UTV at Pat Rogers course and it was great.  It is the most economical rig available today.  A big +1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i cant recommend the Eagle universal rig from SKD highly enough.. SKD had these made without the 2 end pouches giving you the flexabiliy that was the only thing the universal rig lacked. i added a holster on one side and a smoke pouch on the other end.

6- 30rd mags
2 15rd pistol mags
CZ-75
M-18 smoke
ka-bar
SOG power plier
sure fire Z2

not a bad load out for a $75 rig.

What holster did you use?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top