Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 6:58:16 PM EDT by jollyroger]
First of all I've searched both "earplugs" and "hearing protection" under all boards for the last 3 months. I read through most of those threads but for the most part they were talking about ear muffs and disposable foam earplugs.

I'm looking for an ear plug set that allows me to hear conversation and critters moving around in the brush, but that will block out gun shots.

I was checking out these earplugs. From the description anything under 80dB is allowed through, anything over I am assuming is blocked.

Anybody have any experience with these? If not is there another earplug that fits the bill that you've been impressed with?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:40:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:42:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
I'm trying to remember what the name is of the earplugs the guys are patroling with over in Iraq, but I can't remember it right now. Hopefully someone will know and refresh my memory....

If I remember, or can find the thread where we talked about it, I'll post the link.

Those are CAEP (Combat Arms Ear Plugs) sold on the civilian market as the "indoor-outdoor ear plug."
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:47:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:48:40 PM EDT
Yep, brown-green in for the range and yellow in for "combat" usage
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:53:21 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies guys.

I did a search for the indoor-outdoor ear plug and this came up. Looks good to me, the price is definitely better.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:01:12 PM EDT
Even better price...Click

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:44:01 PM EDT
If they're not on some sort of leash, tether, or band they WILL get dropped, smashed in the dirt, lost etc...

I don't like the big over the ear muffs for a variety of reasons, so I've used these band type for years. The plug itself is replaceable and when not in use the band fits snug around your neck, out of the way.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:25:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By STLRN:

Originally Posted By Stickman:
I'm trying to remember what the name is of the earplugs the guys are patroling with over in Iraq, but I can't remember it right now. Hopefully someone will know and refresh my memory....

If I remember, or can find the thread where we talked about it, I'll post the link.

Those are CAEP (Combat Arms Ear Plugs) sold on the civilian market as the "indoor-outdoor ear plug."

AO Safety COMBAT ARMS INDOOR / OUTDOOR E-A-R PLUGS:

www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4s.tam?xax=22271&M5COPY%2Ectx=26156&M5%2Ectx=26156&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Gun%20Safety%2D%20Hearing

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:39:55 AM EDT
Top Top