Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
STICKMAN great job!

Will the CAR ez sling mount work on VLTOR carbeaner
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was designed to fit flush against the castle nut.

It was, however, you can mount it as far forward or rearward as fits your needs.

However, doing so would almost surely forever damage the threads on my buffer tube.

Incorrect. The DD CAR EZ Mount will not damage the threads on your buffer tube.

Any damage to the buffer tube with the set-screw?

There is no 'set screw' on the DD CAR EZ Mount. If you are referring to the roll pin, simply pull it out with a pair of pliers if your buffer tube does not have a groove for it, not all tubes do.

You are correct, JT.

After closer inspection, the "set screw" is actually a roll pin. I do not see where it would help on my buffer-tubes as there is no slot or indentation there.

so, you feel that I can use this without worrying about it twisting or otherwise damaging the threads?

TIA

let us know the out come
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
JT:
Any idea when the proto unit will hit production?  I will order one as soon as they are ready and am eagerly awaiting the day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Any idea when the proto unit will hit production? I will order one as soon as they are ready and am eagerly awaiting the day.

Today.

They are scheduled to be cut this weekend and ready for bead blasting come Monday. However, don't get your hopes up just yet. Once they are cut and bead blasted then they have to head off for anodizing and finally to the laser engraver for the logo application. We are still a ways out on the final production units.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who wants production?  All the cool kids have prototype units.....

Then I'm Marty McFly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea when the proto unit will hit production? I will order one as soon as they are ready and am eagerly awaiting the day.

Today.

They are scheduled to be cut this weekend and ready for bead blasting come Monday. However, don't get your hopes up just yet. Once they are cut and bead blasted then they have to head off for anodizing and finally to the laser engraver for the logo application. We are still a ways out on the final production units.

Who wants production?  All the cool kids have prototype units.....

I'll take a prototype as well...

TS
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Got mine in the mail yesterday ! Order on Wednesday, next day service. Well I guess being only about 30 miles away helps. Grabbed it out of the mailbox, too bad I had to go to work 3-11. Naturally I opened it up driving down the road for a quick inspection. Very nicely made, stitching looks great, buckles are solid. Took the prototype SPRE-R out of the plastic bag. No sharp edges anywhere...nice and smooth. Just got done installing it on my 16" M4 clone. Lower is a RRA and it fits up nice and flush. Slightly smaller diameter, which is better than slightly bigger, no gaps anywhere.
Thanks again Jason for a great product !

Mike
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Got mine in the mail yesterday ! Order on Wednesday, next day service. Well I guess being only about 30 miles away helps. Grabbed it out of the mailbox, too bad I had to go to work 3-11. Naturally I opened it up driving down the road for a quick inspection. Very nicely made, stitching looks great, buckles are solid. Took the prototype SPRE-R out of the plastic bag. No sharp edges anywhere...nice and smooth. Just got done installing it on my 16" M4 clone. Lower is a RRA and it fits up nice and flush. Slightly smaller diameter, which is better than slightly bigger, no gaps anywhere.
Thanks again Jason for a great product !

Mike

I hope I get mine in the morning.  I don't expect it, although I did have a notice that it had already been shipped this morning.  Can't wait.  I ordered the prototype mount and an OD ASP.  If you want a prototype, you'd better order soon.  Nine were left at about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m Central.

TS
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope I get mine in the morning.  I don't expect it, although I did have a notice that it had already beeb shipped this morning.  Can't wait.  I ordered the prototype mount and an OD ASP.  If you want a prototype, you'd better order soon.  Nine were left at about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m Central.
TS

Crap, wish I had known that.  I just ordered mine, hopefully there was still one left.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope I get mine in the morning.  I don't expect it, although I did have a notice that it had already beeb shipped this morning.  Can't wait.  I ordered the prototype mount and an OD ASP.  If you want a prototype, you'd better order soon.  Nine were left at about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m Central.
TS

Crap, wish I had known that.  I just ordered mine, hopefully there was still one left.

I just checked there are 18 left handed and 8 right handed SPRE mounts left...

TS  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
besides the price anyone know anything about the tactical link sling with one their mounts. They appear to be pretty nice also.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TS

I just checked there are 18 left handed and 8 right handed SPRE mounts left...

TS  

Figures that with lefties like JTrusty and Stick around there would be  more of those ;-).
I kid, because my daughter who was showing signs of being ambi is now leaning hard left like her Oma, and I am not looking forward to teaching another right-eye dominant left hander how to shoot.  At least the boy is right handed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Figures that with lefties like JTrusty and Stick around there would be more of those ;-).

First of all, you got your facts messed up. Stick is NOT a lefty

I am not looking forward to teaching another right-eye dominant left hander how to shoot.

Second, what makes you think she is going to be right eye dominant? I am a lefty and left eye dominant.

At least the boy is right handed.

Hey now! Watch yourself. There is nothing wrong with us lefties. Its all you righties that have it backwards.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought Stick was a lefty too.  My mistake.  I'm thinking she's right eye dominant because of how she "aims" squirt guns and toys or her finger.  My brother is left handed/right eye dominant, as is my mother, so I've seen it before.  They are difficult to teach to shoot.
As for backwards, I have a coffee cup from my alma mammy that's left handed.  Drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
She really wants to shoot, and I've got to build up a pink or purple AR for her.  Right now if she has something with a stock on it she puts her left hand on the trigger, right hand out, places the thing along the inside of her right arm with the stock on her right shoulder and sighting with her right eye.  She's only three right now, but in a little over a year she'll start getting some instruction and I'll work more with her.  The boy is just fine, and is somewhat instinctive already.
Watching my brother shoot an AR is funny.  All his life he's been a lefty with right eye dominance, but Big Army made him shoot righty.  Oddly enough he's always thrown right handed, and hits right handed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top