Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 3:14:53 PM EDT by machinehead]
anyone use it ot have any input on this product? it looks like it would be preaty nifty for switching from a single point to other sling options. What do i know though i dont even own a sling.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT by Combat_Jack]
It's awesome. I need another one of those.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:20:02 PM EDT
i forgot to put it up top but that is a KAC. MSTN has them for $76 with the swivel others have them for the same price without the swivel. ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=261441&page=1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
I was looking at that one a little funny. Mine is the same except it came with a new locking ring. The standard one was reused on the one in the picture.

If you install one, I would recommend staking it. It wants to come loose otherwise. Or you could loc-tite it. Mine is loc-tited, because I want to be able to remove it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:42:44 PM EDT
do ya have pics of teh new one? where did ya get it at?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:08:00 PM EDT
It's a solid piece of gear. I had a couple when I had M4 stocks. You have to remove the castle nut to install it but it won't come off.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
CAUTION!

I bought one. The one I got is a Daniel Defense product and is a terrific idea and its exactly what I wanted. I wanted a single-point attachment for one of my Colts so I didn't have to break the staking of the castle nut.

BUT, it requires sinking a set screw directly into the threads of the buffer-tube

Not something I am prepared to do

My sell it, or save it for a lower I don't care about ruining the threads on

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:58:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:
CAUTION! I bought one. The one I got is a Daniel Defense product..

That's good to know but we are specifically talking about the KAC model which is harmless to the receiver extension.
Top Top