Posted: 1/20/2006 11:01:37 AM EDT
I'm looking for opinions.
Anyone use this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking for opinions.
Anyone use this?

Almost bought one because it seems better designed than the vertical SpecOps one, and I didn't like the Tactical Tailor one.  Then as I was walking to the register, I saw that the store did have a Spector in stock.  That is the one I bought instead.  Very securely attached to the stock, holds the mag nicely, and seems very well built.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
After looking around I opted for the Uncle Mike's  "Blackwater Gear" version.

The name aside....It appears to be very well made and utilizes the MOLLE (?) system so I am not limited to mounting it on the stock.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, so it did seem like a good idea to me.

P.I.T.A., comes to mind now that I have tried it......
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
We had alot of trouble with them if they are mounted horizontally and you collapse the stock due to body armor.  It gets in the way when you are trying to charge the weapon or clear a malfunction with a mag in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in theater almost everyone has one of these.  Mainly because there are so many places on the friendly side of the wire that you can't have a mag in the weapon.  It ensures a mag is always handy "just in case" even if you're in PT gear wiht nothing else.  However if you were going somewhere where you thought you'd actually need it, its a cumbersome system, especially if your plan is to leave the mag in it all the time.  Unnecessarily weighs down the rifle with something that should be on your person anyway.  Other than going in and out of weapon green areas without all your rattle...I personally don't like them.  But I'm not a spare bolt/batteries/kitchen sink on the gun- guy either.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey you should check out the BDS Tactical Butt stock magazine pouch.  It comes with all the hardware to mount onto a fixed or colapsy butt stock.  It can mount on both right and left hand side, it is 3point sling compatible and it only costs around $22.  The pouch fits a both 20 and 30 round mags.  This company makes bomb proof gear.  They used to be called Special Operations Equipment and the quality of product they produce is the best in the industry.  check them out at www.bdstacticalgear.com
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top