Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:01:28 PM EDT
I ordered this case and this appears to have fallen out of the packaging.  What is it?  Sort of looks like a more complicated 3 point sling or maybe something the gimp in Pulp Fiction wears for a big night down in the pawn shop basement.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow is that a Goddamn mess!!

ETA:  Maybe some sort of an odd device that allows the bag to be carried as a backpack?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
possibly a shoulder strap for your CASE.

note* in the description for that case says "carry strap included.."
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah and that would probably be the carry strap pictured attached to the case

spread that sucker out a little bit so we can see it better.  

It's definitely a sling for your rifle.  

See the two portions that have the strings connected to them?  The end with the "T" in the webbing and that long 3/4" wide piece of webbing is for attaching to the front of the rifle.  Those D shaped pieces appear to be attached to the next ring via velcro or a 3/4" piece of webbing.  Remove the D shaped piece with the string/cord and put the string through your front sight tower.  Then spread the two sections of cord and put the D back through them and pull.  Now you've got the D secured to your front sight tower.  That's how the sling can attach to the front of your rifle.  

You could also not use the D ring and cord and instead use the long piece sticking off to the side.  

wait, now I'm confused.  I think I see even more...

This is definitely a sling made for any application...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking at the company you bought it from and I'm guessing it's a Blackhawk VTAC or SWIFT sling.  They mention different mounting options and that's what the overabundance of buckles and shit would be for...

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
That bunch of mess is DEFINITELY not a VTac.  I love my Vtac by the way
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the same thing. It is some kind of sling, and actually not that bad of a design with a buckle you can release for weakside shooting. It can either be tied on with the cheap paracord or straped.

I wouldn't trust it for a primary, but as a back-up, or on a back-up rifle it would probably be OK.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top