Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:17:43 PM EDT
I am currently in the market for a new case and have pretty much settled on the I-Shot case for my RRA Tactical Entry. I have my rifle set-up with a Surefire M952XM07 (long name for M2 combat light) tactical light at the 3 o'clock position which sticks out approximately 2" from the front rail. If anyone owns this case and can tell me if the bag can accommodate the extra 2" in width I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am currently in the market for a new case and have pretty much settled on the I-Shot case for my RRA Tactical Entry. I have my rifle set-up with a Surefire M952XM07 (long name for M2 combat light) tactical light at the 3 o'clock position which sticks out approximately 2" from the front rail. If anyone owns this case and can tell me if the bag can accommodate the extra 2" in width I would appreciate it.

It certainly can, if you check Grant's website he actually has a photo of the case with a similar rifle in it with a side mounted Surefire.

However, if you mount double mag pouches in the smaller compartment you may find that the case's width is increased significantly.  I have found a better solution is to dismount the weapon light and store it in a Blackhawk utility bag mounted to the pals webbing directly under the barrel in the main compartment.  

In the case of my turbohead Surefire, it won't even fit in the Blackhawk Medium Utility Bag (it's too long) so I use the two extra loops of velcro webbing that comes with the case to mount it in the accessory compartment above the utility pouches there.  
I could use one of my larger Blackhawk General Utility pouches to store it in, but I kind of like this setup better, and the pouch in the main compartment holds the ARMS/Harris bipod and there is still room to add another small utility bag (like in the accessory compartment holding my Samson Mounted/Aimpoint 3X Magnifier).  
This leaves the medium pouch in the accessory compartment free to hold a Surefire spares carrier, backup batteries for the Aimpoint & PVS-14, a spare bolt & other parts & tools.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I run an M4 with a STREAMLIGHT M6--it has traveled alot with no probs. I also "tote" my 20" AR10T with a Leupold MK4--again no problems.
I believe the hard plastic bonded to the closed cell foam on the outer shell's helps protect the optics.

My "bitch" is it is made in "VIETNAM" sans BlackHawk Industries.

Hope this helps.

INCIRLIK
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You needed to scroll down farther.....

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=255562
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys thanks for the input. That definitely helps me out. Great pics Edwin 907! That was a huge help! Nice set-up with your firearms and your bags. How do you like the turbo head on your Surefire. I'm considering putting one on my M952. My RRA is primarily used for entries into houses and buildings. Another member of my team uses a different Surefire on his rifle but switched out with a turbohead and loves it. Let me know!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Edwin,

As always, thanks for the plu and thanks for the great photos

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P./Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
www.ishot-inc.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey guys thanks for the input. That definitely helps me out. Great pics Edwin 907! That was a huge help! Nice set-up with your firearms and your bags. How do you like the turbo head on your Surefire. I'm considering putting one on my M952. My RRA is primarily used for entries into houses and buildings. Another member of my team uses a different Surefire on his rifle but switched out with a turbohead and loves it. Let me know!  

I love the Turbohead, but for inside structures it's extra illumination hardly necessary.  That said, you can't have too much light, especially when the light is used as a disabling weapon also, and when using a red filter to maintain your night acuity the extra umph of the Turbohead is very important.  Not to mention the extra performance if you should have to pursue a suspect outside where distances may become 100+ yards. That is where the Turbohead (pardon the pun) really shines.

Helmie, always a pleasure to promote a superior product and please feel free to use the photos any way you wish.

Edwin

p.s. How about a OD i-SHOT 36" case?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Edwin,
          Thanks for the reply. Are you using a Yankee Hill angled dove tail for your Surefire mount? I noticed your turbohead was using the SWAN throw lever, but the light appeared to be off-set. So far, the 120 lumens has been an ample amount of light for the type of structures we typically clear. A couple of other guys on my  team have experimented with Surefires in the 220 lumens area and have found them to be excellent in the amount of light output but too bright to strobe. When you get into 200's for lumens the bulb does not immediately shut off but dims out. Our unit uses a strobing technique to disorient and confuse the suspect.   Thanks,   Paul
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Edwin,
          Thanks for the reply. Are you using a Yankee Hill angled dove tail for your Surefire mount? I noticed your turbohead was using the SWAN throw lever, but the light appeared to be off-set. So far, the 120 lumens has been an ample amount of light for the type of structures we typically clear. A couple of other guys on my  team have experimented with Surefires in the 220 lumens area and have found them to be excellent in the amount of light output but too bright to strobe. When you get into 200's for lumens the bulb does not immediately shut off but dims out. Our unit uses a strobing technique to disorient and confuse the suspect.   Thanks,   Paul

Paul, yes that is a YHM angled mount for the Surefire Turbohead/ARMS.  It's ncessary to get the turbohead far enough away from the rail to mount it back in easy reach of the thumb.  If you remove the TD rail cover you can even put the flip Surefire filter on it.
Thanks for the tip on the high output bulbs, I'll have to investigate this myself as I have both regular and high output bulbs for my 962 and 972 Surefires.  This is the type of info and feedback we all come to this forum for, thanks.

Edwin
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Edwin,

I just got my 36" I-SHOT case from G & R Tactical. This case is top notch and definitely exceeded my expectations. Very sturdy, excellent construction, and plenty of room for my RRA with 16" barrel with my Vltor collapsible stock. I'll send some pics soon. Take care. Paul
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Edwin,

I just got my 36" I-SHOT case from G & R Tactical. This case is top notch and definitely exceeded my expectations. Very sturdy, excellent construction, and plenty of room for my RRA with 16" barrel with my Vltor collapsible stock. I'll send some pics soon. Take care. Paul

Paul,

Very glad to hear that. Looking forward to the pixs

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P./Foudner)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Edwin,

ditto.  I got a 36" for X-mas and it fits my 16 mid-length perfectly (also collapsible stock).

very well made and plenty of room for extras - just need to pick up the right pouches to mount.

one question though - anybody experience the plastic sheet "warping" a little bit?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ditto.  I got a 36" for X-mas and it fits my 16 mid-length perfectly (also collapsible stock).

very well made and plenty of room for extras - just need to pick up the right pouches to mount.

one question though - anybody experience the plastic sheet "warping" a little bit?

Gunfury, I got a solution for that. The plastic sheets used don't warp very easily. It's just a tad larger than it needs to be. If you don't mind giving me a hand here, you can unzip it, remove it and trim it down just a wee bit and that will take the 'warp' away. Feel the edges first and see how it fits to get an idea as to where the trimming should take place.

The good thing about this case is that the components can be removed should modifications be required.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime @ 703.670.8001

Many thanks.

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P. / Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#13]
1.  Anybody out there using an i-SHOT case with a 16" and fixed stock?  I've measured mine with Phantom and A1-length stock at 35-3/8" so it should fit, but it'll be tight.  Would like confirmation that it'll fit before I order.

2.  The case comes with two sets of tie-down straps (4 straps), right?  Can you purchase more for stapping down accessories?

3.  Where's the best place to get an i-SHOT case plus a second 3-mag pouch?  Direct from i-SHOT?  Or is there a dealer with better prices?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
1.  Anybody out there using an i-SHOT case with a 16" and fixed stock?  I've measured mine with Phantom and A1-length stock at 35-3/8" so it should fit, but it'll be tight.  Would like confirmation that it'll fit before I order.

2.  The case comes with two sets of tie-down straps (4 straps), right?  Can you purchase more for stapping down accessories?

3.  Where's the best place to get an i-SHOT case plus a second 3-mag pouch?  Direct from i-SHOT?  Or is there a dealer with better prices?

Mike, it should easily fit your AR. There's quite a bit of flex in the fabric and construction.

The case comes with 4 straps in total. Unfortunately, we are all tapped out of extra straps. My bad 'cos I had thot that 4 would be more than what you would get with other cases, so we only had a small supply. Hopefully we 'll get more in within the next month or so. My apologies.

May I suggest you check with G&R Tactical. Grant & Roxanne are contributors to this forum and it would be nice if you supported them.

Anything else, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Respectfully,

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P./Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Good to know on the 36" case.  But now that I think about it, 42" isn't really that much longer so maybe I'll do that just to make sure I have room in case I change stocks or something.  Should I be concerned about having the FS and stock touching the ends of the case?   Or does the padding around the edge make that a non-issue?

4 straps is probably enough for the average user.  That's enough to put in two guns, or one gun and a secondary optic or upper.  I'm planning on one complete rifle plus a .22LR upper in the main case, which would use the 4 straps.  With either the DCH or scope on the rifle I'll need a place to put the other, that's 2 more straps.  I suppose any old velcro strap would work for that though.  Or paracord.  I'm sure I can find something that'll work.

I'll check out G&R Tactical.  Now I just need to pick a color...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top