Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 3:12:13 PM EDT by glock_this]
Very familar with Houge grips from many years of handgun shooting. Looking at a Hogue or an Ergo grip for an AR15. Really like the Ergo for the rubberized back strp area that sweeps up onto the lower. But, have not used it so do not know other than pictures. Also, I like them rubery and soft as I sweat a lot in the hands and like nice finder divtos to slot my fingers into. any opinions?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
I have used both the Ergo and Hogue grips. The Ergo's fit my hand better so I have them on all my AR's. The exagerated finger grooves of the Hogue feel to deep to me and the grip is a little slim up top.

Then again that's just me,
MadDog
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:17:20 PM EDT
I bought the ergo to replace the hogue on my RRA. I found that the ergo was tiny in my hand and I liked the hogue much more. I sold the ergo and kept the hogue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:05 PM EDT
Guess I'm the odd man out in this thread. I prefer hogue grips on my AR's. I replaced them shortly with the rubber ergo grip and I found it to be "slippery" and the grip didn't feel as definitive as the hogue (I like the deep finger grooves)

Snag an ergo and a hogue, use what you like and sell the other one on the EE!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:25 PM EDT
I have small hands though. so, maybe that is a plus for the ergo?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:21:58 PM EDT
Got both.
My Cav has a Hogue hand-all.

I went with Hogues on my regular ARs.
I tried the MIAD, but didn't like the feel, and the fit to the reciever wasn't quite right either.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:26:17 PM EDT
I have small hands too. The Hogue feels the best. I've tried the TD, Ergo and Hogue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:16:43 PM EDT
of course my hand makes the final decision, I was just looking for that input one might not think about when just looking at them on the web and trying to decide. You see, I am getting ready to order a lower parts kit that has the option of a hogue or ergo and need to decide. I cannot go try the either as no one around carriers this stuff, but I know hogue. SO, figured I would ask as I need to pick 1 with the lower parts kit and figured more experienced users might come right out with something i missed. But, seems to be mixed on both sides and not some glaring issue in 1 I never noticed or thoguht of.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:28:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JTrusty:
I have large hands and still prefer the Hogue. What you're going to find is that regardless what we can offer in the way of advice, its going to boil down to what feels right for you. If your local shop has both, try them out, otherwise pick up both and sell the other on the EE (as already suggested).

+1

I have hogues on mine but do like the feel of the ergo bottom line is they feel better then the stock A2.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:32:01 PM EDT
I just sold my Ergo grip that came with my bushy because I found it too narrow for my taste. Also a little too slippery
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:45:35 PM EDT
I went from a standard ergo, to a hogue, to a stickey ergo, but I think I like the hogue best. Grips are cheap, try them out and sell the ones you don't like.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:49:53 PM EDT
I prefer the HOGUE
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 3:55:53 PM EDT by jdgiii]
I like the sticky Ergo. I have large hands and although it is on the narrow side the Ergo grip places my hand farther to the rear which helps me have a more natural trigger squeeze.

Like others have said, get several, pick the one that works best for you and sell the rest on the EE.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
I choose the Ergo in Rhino Hide I just like the way it tapers in my hand... the Houge feels too small... about a year ago got an Ergo Sure-Grip Ambi ... didn't feel like an Ergo , if I want a rubberized grip it would be the Hogue - but I prefer the Rhino Hide over the Hogue, just ordered another last night.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:22:45 PM EDT
I have both but prefer the Hogue.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:38:59 AM EDT
The ergo felt tiny to me so I ditched it. I have 5 hogues and a MIAD right now if that tells you anything.

I need the bottom fo a grip to swell a bit to give me more leverage when doing reloads...the ergo is too thin on the bottom for me and it seemed like the whole gun wanted to nosedive and took a lot more effort to hold level with my strong hand while reloading with my offhand.

Hope that made sense :)
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:43:17 AM EDT
I have small hands and still found the ergo grip to be too small. I have since put the hogue on all of my Ar rifles and have never looked back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:35:48 AM EDT
i have tried both and the ergo holds worse than the std a2 imo. the hogue was too small.

i prefer the samco g-27, which aslo has the beaver tail.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:51:47 PM EDT
Hogue
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:03:43 AM EDT
I find the Ergo too narrow for my taste.
Top Top