Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2005 1:21:08 AM EDT
Looking for the best way to cut down the magpul rail covers to fit around my light mount, etc.

Will a hacksaw work fine?  What'd everyone else use... I see some pretty smooth edges and cuts on a lot of pics, do you all sand it down lightly afterwards?  Thanks, I'd experiment, but these puppies are 10+ each...

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to Hobby Lobby or a model shop where they have craft tools and get a small mitre box.  X-Acto makes a small saw that you can use that has very fine teeth.  That will get the ends squared.  You can use fine sand paper or a Dremel with a polishing bit to finish the edges if needed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to Sears and get a pair of these.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#3]
A hacksaw, or sharp fine tooth woodsaw will work fine for you.  Lightly sanding seems to give the best look.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, anyone having trouble fitting these on the MI rails?  I can't seem to get these things on, is there a trick to it?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
i just cut mine with a steak knife
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

mmmmm, steak.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did the same thing, hit the edge with a lighter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go to Sears and get a pair of these.

Those really worked for the job???
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Dremel. Not so much cut as melt. If it's between panel sections an exacto knife.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I cut mine with a box cutter knive with a new blade. It cut though it with ease. When you go to put them on grab on the sides of the panels and push in the middle.  Looks like your tring to fold them in half inside out. Star t on one end and work your way down the rail. I'm very pleased with mine and I like that you can easily modify them to suit your needs.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top