Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2005 4:52:43 AM EDT
So, Im in the market for a good soft carry case. My first requirement is to be free of all firearm markings and emblems. Second requirement is to have pouch to hold mags, in which the mag pouches are not resting against the gun when closed. Third requirement is for a sidearm holster.

All recommendations and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/31/2005 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually I just found one. The I-Shot S.E.R.T. If you guys havent seen them yet, they are badass. Grant has them for sale:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/ishot.htm
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it compare to this?

ETS
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Try these.  I think Giffman may be taking numbers for a second buy.

ETA:  Whoops, wasn't thinking when I read your second requirement the first time around.  The Eagle cases do hold the mags up against the weapon.  

Maybe the Blackhawk Discreet Weapons Cases?  The mag pouches are velcro'd into the smaller pocket, and you can get a 5.11 style velcro backed holster and put it in the smaller pocket along with the mag pouch to meet your third requirement.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Tac-force

try bowers tactical for them
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm impressed with the Maxpedition SLIVER. Good price too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tac-force

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tac-force

+1

+1

Best case for the money, you won't touch anything as good under $200.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Also try Leapers on Cheaper Than Dirt.  It is the UTG bag and it is good to go.

Max
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Blackhawk

www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1947&d=

I got mine and I love it.  You can get extra mag pouches (comes with one that holds 3 mags), I have a pistol holder in mine also.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Blackhawk

www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1947&d=

I got mine and I love it.  You can get extra mag pouches (comes with one that holds 3 mags), I have a pistol holder in mine also.

Yep...that's what I got.
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
There is only a good answer , get an Eagle DC-CAR-15 , http://www.eagleindustries.com/MainProd.asp?CatID=24&SubCatID=73 , you won't never be disappointed , never , period.

PP out
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]
After buying both Eagle, Blackhawk, and Tactical Tailor gear, I can say that the Eagle and TT stuff is much better made than the Blackhawk.  Add in that for the same price you are getting stuff made in the USA that the manufacturers are willing to customize and I don't think that you can beat it.  Anyway, just my humble opinion.

JSR
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]
+ 1 on the leapers at CTD.  I got one and can hold 4 pistol mags, my concealment hoster and mag pouch, it stores 6 rifle mags (ar) and I can fit a cleaning kit, bore snake for 9 and 556 and my binos in the case.  Cant beat it for under 40$
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an Eagle Discreet carrying case (soft side case). I hate it because there are no small pockets other than the 4 internal mag pouches. I really need small modular pouches on the outside, that can hold smaller parts and stuff. it only has one large (nearly case width/height) pouch on the outside that is not practical for small things unless you bag them individually and insert them inside there. They all get crunched under the weight of the weapon.

I'm looking at this bag now:

RangePro Modular Rifle Case

only 45 bucks and you get 3 large molle exterior pouches as well as the ability to get the case in coyote tan color instead of plain black or OD green.

- rem
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
While not cheap, the I-Shot bag is the way to go if you want modularity and the ability to carry multiple items.
As you can see here, not only 10 magazines besides the one in the rifle, but plenty of storage space for tactical Surefire, sling, back up batteries, spare bolt, tools, and whatever you would want.
The ability to mount molle compatible mag pouches and the like as you see fit is perfect and far superior to velcro or designed in pouches.

Link Posted: 11/9/2005 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:27:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Where did you get the OD mag pouches? I did not see them on the website? I like the long flap...
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Where did you get the OD mag pouches? I did not see them on the website? I like the long flap...

They are Coyote Tan Blackhawk pouches (which are aren't actually 2 tone), and the I-Shot case is a Khaki/Tan color a good bit lighter in color although the webbing is a close (but lighter) match.
The Eagle "Khaki" mag pouches (not pictured) are a closer match to the Blackhawk ones, than the I-Shot case also.
The digital exposure does accentuate the differences in color between the Blackhawk pouches and the I-Shot case somewhat, but still gives a pretty good representation of what to expect.
In person, the whole setup, different shades in all, looks just as good as it performs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
............While not cheap, the I-Shot bag is the way to go...........

Well , the design looks great indeed , where is it made ?

I guess China/Vietnam stuff......., if it is so , thanks , but that's not for me .

PP out
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I received an email from the VP of I-SHOT. Very curtious and responsive to all questions. The case is made in Vietnam. They did have some requests by Military Units to make a case loacally and they obliged. The orders have to be run in oredrs of a 100 minimum and the 36" model is $275.00.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#21]
My thanks to Optik45 for starting this thread and to edwin907 for posting the pics of the iShot TCC.  I recently started looking into cases like this for my AR and was only aware of Eagle and BlackHawk.  It was through this thread that I learned about a few other cases as well as the TCC.  After examaning  the Eagle's and BlackHawk's first hand, the iShot appears to be superior at least to me and worth the price.  I ordered the khaki version from iShot and some extra tan BlackHawk Strike pouches from ETS.  I can't wait for everything to arrive and to put it all together.  Optik45, did you get one of these and if so, what did you think?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny you mention it. I was just placing an order for a black SERT but I went with another 9" Larue FF instead :)

I threw it on my xmas list for the old lady. We'll see. If not I'll be picking one up early this next year.

Let me know how you like yours. I was in the same boat as you, the only cases I were familar with were Eagle and Blackhawk. The I-Shot seems to be a bomb proof carry case. The PALS webbing is a huge selling point me for.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Will do.  I'll post some pics when it arrives. That is, if I can keep my wife away from it.  This time of year she has a nasty habit of wrapping every package that arrives and throwing it under that overly festive tree growing in my livingroom.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tac-force

Airsoft Atlanta has them as well.

Surprisingly nice case for the $$  about $45-50.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's my other I-Shot case, a tan 42" model.  
This one with Eagle mag pouches.

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#26]
check out a tac force discreet case. very similar to the eagle except the mag pouches insde of the outside pocket are velcro mounted.
try an online search for tac force gear. mostley found at airsoft sites but is good quality stuff and should cost about 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the Tac-Force imported? How many mags will they hold? Anyone have decent pics? Do they have a website? Cheapest I found in stock was at Atlanta Airsoft for about $49 + $8 shipping.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
+ 1 on the leapers at CTD.  I got one and can hold 4 pistol mags, my concealment hoster and mag pouch, it stores 6 rifle mags (ar) and I can fit a cleaning kit, bore snake for 9 and 556 and my binos in the case.  Cant beat it for under 40$

+2.  link-alama-bingbong
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I carry the Bagmaster Heavy Weapons cases, and they're American made.

Good look, and take a kid shooting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Is the Tac-Force imported? How many mags will they hold? Anyone have decent pics? Do they have a website? Cheapest I found in stock was at Atlanta Airsoft for about $49 + $8 shipping.

www.tac-force.com/pages/pg1.html  Comes with a 3-mag pouch, but there's room for a second pouch if you can find one (most online dealers only list the case).  They're held in by velcro on the back.  You might be able to get 2 mags in each pocket--on some cases you can.

Better pics and a review at www.savvysurvivor.com/tacforcediscreetcase.htm

I'm sure they're imported, but I don't know from what country.   I looked at one at a local shop and it seemed nice enough, but not quite what I was looking for.  And he wanted $100 + tax for a 36" one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Just ordered the Tac-Force 36". Gonna have to find an extra mag carrier for it on the cheap.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I've been searching for a case for a long time (all this year, since getting into ARs).  The I-Shot looks great and was designed using input from actual shooters.  Helmie, the BMOC over there, is a great fella.

Unfortunately, they're made in vietnam.  I hate to say it, but I just can't bring myself to buy from countries like that if I don't have to.  It's a great product with tons of modularity, but...

Anyone have better pics of the Bagmaster case?  I have their medium range bag and it's proven to be very durable, still looking good after all these years.  Is the inside in any way modular?  Any MOLLE/PALS webbing?

Still searching.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I was able to get a second mag pouch at (I think) Island Tactical.

I'll check later.

tag, you're it...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#34]

We need to petition Eagle to update their discreet case a bit.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#35]
The Tac Force cases are very nice indeed.  

Try www.savvysurvivor.com for a HUGE selection of them.  He has every size in all three colors.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I just got one of those TacForce cases.They are padded well,but i can't center my M4gery in it.They need some loops down the center for the velcro loops.I need it centered because I like to keep my ACOG mounted,and the only way I can velcro the carbine in,the optic is pressed up against the top.Thought of a $900 optic banging against shit isn't appealing to me.

Made in China,and that also wore on me a bit.Cheap zippers that feel like they will come off the track after a few months.It is padded pretty good,so it will satisy a lot of peoples needs,just not mine.I will prob spend $30 more and get a Eagle Discreet or the Eagle Sigma M4,both made in the USA.

I am actually surprised at i-Shot,being made in Vietnam.With the prices dealers are charging,i-Shot or the dealers must be making a killing.being as most likely they were produced for 76 cents.I was looking at i-Shot ,but thanks to this thread,they are now on my do not buy list.If the i-Shot's were more reasonably priced (Like the Tacforce etc...) for being a Vietnam product,I would at least consider it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Do we know that Tacforce is made in China?  I know the name sure as hell suggests it, but I couldn't find a tag, which usually itself means China...

The single thing I dislike about the Tacforce is that the looping on the inside is indeed in the wrong configuration.  It's also hard to secure a rifle with an Aimpoint in a QRP without the Aimpoint really pushing up against the top (where the handle is) and not wanting to allow the case to close.

I've been wondering if there wasn't a better way to secure the rifle inside...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:35:07 AM EDT
[#38]
It is Joseph,the tag on my bag is in the inside main compartment lower left corner,folded up..LOL.

All TacForce needed to do was run another velcro loop thingy right down the middle.I would keep this bag if it had this,but still get the Eagle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#39]

I don't have a problem securing my M4 in the TacForce.   I use the velcro straps and put it in top-down.

I agree, the zipper is not very heavy-duty.

Eagle makes great gear, but I hate their current design w/ the mag pouches in the main compartment.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Got mine tonight and I love it. I just need to score another mag holder. Airsoft Atlanta doesn't carry them, but DSG has them for 22.50. Does anyone have a cheaper source? That's almost half what I paid for the whole thing.

Update: Bowers has them for $19 w/ $6 shipping...I think DSG is $5 for priority and they are ARFCOM supporters.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I am actually surprised at i-Shot,being made in Vietnam.With the prices dealers are charging,i-Shot or the dealers must be making a killing.being as most likely they were produced for 76 cents.I was looking at i-Shot ,but thanks to this thread,they are now on my do not buy list.If the i-Shot's were more reasonably priced (Like the Tacforce etc...) for being a Vietnam product,I would at least consider it.

Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread with great interest and I think I should at least reply to TrijiCog with regards to the above.

When we first requested feedback on the TCC, we did so online. A lot of folks were involved including the good people from SWAT magazine. Product development took a long time and having spent 15 years in the textile business, I requested samples from a number of companies that I'm familiar with stateside. The bottom line, the TCC was going to retail for at least twice more than anything out there, short of Eagle's SOPMOD M4 case.

We knew we would have a hard time marketing such an expensive case but the overall design is simply unique and too good to be shelved. The only other alternative was to source it overseas but for a specialty design like this. it requires a specialty bag company. We've been working with a New Yorker who owns one in Vietnam for years and who's factory is located in the zone where some of the  better known brands are produced including Eagle Creek, Lafuma, Wolfpack (Germany), Dana Design, MEC and Arc'teryx. Suffice to say, I was more impressed with all the bags and cases he has produced for SF units including the Germans and the Taiwanese.

What resulted was a case that had all the quality that one can ask for and it was built to spec, not the 76 cent variety That said, because of the materials used and the PALS webbing, it still is an expensive case, one in which I willingly ask anyone to compare it heads-on with any others. Here's an interesting point; without the PALS webbing, the case would retail for about $80 (this was also mentioned in the April 2005 issue of SWAT). That's how much work is put into the webbing. Taking the PALS out was not an option because that is what sets it apart from the other cases.

Now here's the part that most choose to ignore.......the materials used. The cordura is from an Invista licensed mill in Korea, the close cell foam is US and the velcro &  zippers are from YKK. Most hardware are from Duraflex (NY?). All foreign & US and not 'cheap' to begin with but alas, the labor is Vietnamese and that constitutes a 'Made in Vietnam' product.

Anyway, a decision had to be made and even though we'd like to, we knew we could not satisfy everyone's needs. I guess I could go on and on about this but what I wanted to clear up is the fact that this is not a '76 cent' product, so to speak. Anyone who owns one will attest to this and I invite you to do a side-by-side comparison with the other less expensive  brands mentioned. All are great products that fit a niche and I can only end by saying that I hope we have found one for ours too.

My sincere thanks to all of you who have been in kind in supporting us and for passing the word out. A special thanks to Edwin for sharing his photos every time someone asks about rifle cases

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P. / Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
www.ishot-inc.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
My sincere thanks to all of you who have been in kind in supporting us and for passing the word out. A special thanks to Edwin for sharing his photos every time someone asks about rifle cases

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P. / Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
www.ishot-inc.com

Helmie, many thanks for all the detailed info on the case, most of us probably never realized how much is involved producing such a high quality case.

It goes without saying how important the metal hardware for the sling or the quality of the zippers are when carrying a $2000 rifle with over $4000 of night vision and optics ($5000 including the Leupold) together with the weight of 11 loaded 30 round magazines, a bipod, weaponlight, IR laser, spare parts and batteries and so forth.   Maybe not so important walking to the range from the parking lot, but say, scaling a cliff, at night in unfamiliar territory.  Well, most of us can imagine at least through the woods at night, on the way to a shooting stand.

I have some of the cheap cases such as the Rangemaster Molle case and they are an excellent value.   But I'm not going to trust my best hardware to the plastic zippers, the plastic sling mounts, the poor stitching, and the lower quality 600 nylon in a real professional or SHTF scenario.  Other cases offer better quality at higher prices, many even suitable for the roughest of professional use, high quality zippers, slings, etc.

At the pinacle of all the cases is the i-Shot line you produce, the best and most versatile case on the market, in no small part due to the webbing which is a significant part of the expense.  Sure it's a tough sell compared to the $45 plastic and nylon case, but not to those who want the best.  And what's $165 dollars anyway, when you spent $240 on backup flip up iron sights you hope you'll never have to use on that mega $$$ Recce or SPR with the Shortdot scope.
You'll use the case everyday, your rifle will thank you.

Many many thanks and congratulations for producing and marketing this case for us.  
I know it probably was against conventional & economic wisdom but many of us sure appreciate it and your vision in creating it and your gratitude for us supporting it.

Edwin

And once again, how about OD!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#43]
+1 on the OD!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
It goes without saying how important the metal hardware for the sling or the quality of the zippers are when carrying a $2000 rifle with over $4000 of night vision and optics ($5000 including the Leupold) together with the weight of 11 loaded 30 round magazines, a bipod, weaponlight, IR laser, spare parts and batteries and so forth.   Maybe not so important walking to the range from the parking lot, but say, scaling a cliff, at night in unfamiliar territory.  Well, most of us can imagine at least through the woods at night, on the way to a shooting stand.

Edwin, thank you very much for those kind words. To a product developer, such acceptance means we've done something right that we can be proud of. It's always the 'what ifs' that keeps us up at night.

It is hard for us to say how well our case will protect your assets but we do get feedback from owners who REALLY take it to the limit, intentionally or otherwise. Here's an example of one that was UNintentional I'm sure:

home.ntelos.net/~dschullery/Wreck/
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top