Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
I just threw together a 20" standard rifle with A-2 stock out of spare parts lying around the shop. Want to put a CQB CST sling on it but dislike the idea of wrapping a bunch on nylon around the buttstock.

Has anybody tried using a GG&G single point sling point as the rear mount for a conventional 2-point tac sling setup?

Thanks in advance.

SD
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:46:03 AM EDT
I have the Daniel Defense single pt. sling on a stubby stock & like it alot. It lowers the loop more than the GGG unit so you get hung up on charging handle. It may lenghten you A2 by 1/8" or so. -Justin
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:32:04 AM EDT
I would also recommend the Daniel Defense single point sling mount...I believe they call it the Burnsed Loop, or something like that...The GG&G unit is a nuckle buster.... I think Military Moron had a set up on his website like you are wanting to do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:24:46 AM EDT
I tried this set up and did not care for it - the bolt release always seemed to be blocked by the sling, and the butt seemed to flop around more than I liked when walking, running etc. Try the CST installed normally and see if you like it - I do. Here's a dissenting vote on the DD sling mount - I find it to be a thumb slicer as compared to the GG&G. When deactivating the safety, the DD carbine loop cut into my thumb knuckle mercilessly. Since I use the safety more than the charging handle, I prefer the GG&G plate. A PRI military lach gives a little more clearance than the stock latch. I have a GRSC plate with the round hole to try next with a MOUT sling, but this will not work with the heavy 1 1/4" webbing of the CST.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:02:02 PM EDT
Top Top