Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 11:46:32 AM EDT
Being a newer AR guy, I have a question for the more experienced members when it comes to magazine loading.
Do most folks use the old stripper clips+ spoon, LULA, or one of the other variety of loaders.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I use USGI stripper clips and spoons.  Alot of members like the Lula, but since I have had all my ammo on stripper clips already, and a few hundred stripper clips hanging around, I haven't looked into switching.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Since the LULA, I've gotten away from stripper clips.  I got one LULA to try it, and ended up buying 2 more!  It's one slick little idea... give both the stripper clips and the LULA a try and see what you like best...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
After using the stripper clips and the Speedloaders that BM sells, I decided to try the Lula. The Lula is the least damaging to the all important feedlips as it pushes down on the last round not the feedlips to compress the springs. Its a bit slower to use compared to the others, but it will save your mags and your thumbs.

Edited to note: I looked at the C-mag loader and it looks like it loads like the others, unlike the Lula.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If your ammunition is on clips, consider ditching the charger that comes in the bandoleer.
Certain units are now issued the C-Mag Loader.
It is, by far, the absolute best method for charging magazines available.
Note that C- mag makes two types- a military type for clip loaded ammunition, and a civilian model for loose rounds.

The lula is excellent for downloading magazines.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx for the input fellas. Does anyone have a handy link to the c-mag type loaders, I'd like to try and compare it to the LULA before I snag one.

blitz
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the stripper and spoons but also use the square base for non-metal mags. I find the square base models faster to get into place than the spoons.

Tj
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Roger what [b]Rogers[/b] said. Strippers, even with the GI spoon are a lot faster to load than the LULA. This assumes of course that either:

A: Your ammo came on strippers or:

B: Like me, you spend a lot of time watching the History Channel and need something to do with your hands other than open another beer.

What the LULA excells at is UNloading mags.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI: Here is the link to Beta, Company (they manafuature the Beta C-Mag Systems) WEB page that list the loader available for civilian sales.
http://www.betaco.com/cdetails.asp?delnum=1254
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top