Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2003 2:59:34 PM EDT
hey all. i'm looking to order a 3 point sling online sometime tonight, what do you recomend? i have a Bushy XM15 E2S with a plain old A2 stock. where do you recomend i look for my sling?  TIA.

Dagger.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you read any of the posts in thsi forum?  You have two choices:  CQB Solutions or The Wilderness.

[url]www.cqbsolutions.com[/url]

[url]www.thewilderness.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
actually i didnt... the ISP here at school is really sketchy so i have a really hard time browsing threads, call me lazy! in all seriousness now, thanks for the help!

Dagger.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Your choices (in descending order of desireability) are:

1: CQB Solutions.

2: CQB Solutions.

3: CQB Solutions.

4: Something else.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh come on SD!!!!

How about a sling from the people that invented the real-deal 3 point sling, The Wilderness.  Everything else, including CQB, is just a copy.  And has to pay to be a copy!!

YMMV

Monty
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
You will not find a more durable sling than the Giles 3 point from The Wilderness.

That said, CQB Solutions stuff good to go, and I wouldnt hesitate to use it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
choices choices! the CQB Solutions is a bit cheaper, but i'd be willing to pay the extra cash for the better product.. i'll have to look into this more. once again, thanks for the help everyone!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Oh come on SD!!!!

How about a sling from the people that invented the real-deal 3 point sling, The Wilderness. Everything else, including CQB, is just a copy[/b]

Whoa, Nelly!! Giles Stock will be the first to tell you that his design is a revision of the ancient Heckler & Koch design.

That having been said, I will stipulate that Giles is one of the great contributors to the shooting arts and that the Wilderness products are of the very highest quality. I live fairly close to their outlet and have several of their slings myself. My transition to CQB Sol. was motivated by my desire to be able to go to my weak shoulder without having to perform an act which resembles an albatross trying to land in a rock pile.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Do something really bold and get the X-treme Sling.

southern
[url]www.danieldefense.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]Oh come on SD!!!!

How about a sling from the people that invented the real-deal 3 point sling, The Wilderness. Everything else, including CQB, is just a copy[/b]

Whoa, Nelly!! Giles Stock will be the first to tell you that his design is a revision of the ancient Heckler & Koch design.

That having been said, I will stipulate that Giles is one of the great contributors to the shooting arts and that the Wilderness products are of the very highest quality. I live fairly close to their outlet and have several of their slings myself. My transition to CQB Sol. was motivated by my desire to be able to go to my weak shoulder without having to perform an act which resembles an albatross trying to land in a rock pile.

Luck,

SD
View Quote

True, true, it is an evolution really of the old HK rig.  But, it's really like comparing apples and oranges....or maybe it's like saying "here's a Ford Taurus, and here's a Ford Excursion."

For transition to off-shoulder, why not the Single Point Sling, from The Wilderness???

Monty
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#10]
CQB SOP sling is bad ass.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
CQB SOP for me!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to use Giles 3 point slings on my AR's but for the last couple years I have been a single point kind of guy. Easy transition to weak side shoulder and easy access to bolt release. I have a Giles single point.

One thing I will tell you about Giles is that while I agree they are the most robust sling out there they tend to be very hard on the neck if you're just wearing a T-shirt. When I attend shooting classes I generally am forced to wear a mock turtle neck or some type of collared shirt to avoid my single point Giles from abraiding my neck.

The CQB solutions slings are much softer and I would dare say easier on the neck. Whether or not they will last as long as a Giles I don't know.

The reason I put up with the abrasion thing is that someone much smarter than me seems to think that the more rigid Giles slings spread the weight of the weapon more evenly across your shoulder.

For a while I actually ran my 3 point Giles sling utilizing my single point adapter. I mounted the front of the sling to the sight tower with a sling thing and the rear of the sling was mounted to my single point adapter. This works out pretty well and you can transition to the weak side without having to release any kind of buckle. The downside is that you can't carry "Patrol" style.

Frankly I don't think there is a perfect sling out there. Just pick whatever seems to work best for you and by all means train with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Well because of this post I ordred the "SOP Armed Forces Deploymet Package for the M-16A2, M-203 or
M-4. Black w/ERB" from  CQB Solutions.. I hope im as happy with it as you all are..
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah my 3-point from CQB Solutions w/ ERB is due in today, a long with 100 rounds of 00 buck i ordered recently. hope UPS doesnt lag up, i want some new toys!!

Dagger.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CQB SOP for me!
View Quote

I hated that sling so much I bought three of them!

Kinda sideways I know, but it's getting to be a long night.

One on my Colt AR, one on my shottie, and one on my wife's DPMS AR
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top