Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 11:33:10 PM EDT
Thinking about upgrading the bipod on the M16A1 with a 20" HBAR, any experence with something better than your standard Harris bipod (be it with or with out tilt)?

Currently using the standard handguards, with an adapter, however, one option could be to switch to a free floating rail type system.

Experences and recommendation  appreciated, in particular with with photos

Thank You
John
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything better than Harris? Not in my house; nor with the US, Israeli, nor several other Armed Forces[:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anything better than Harris? Not in my house; nor with the US, Israeli ....
View Quote

Well that probably explains why I have not found anyting that looks like much of an improvement .... [;)]

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
you know, I'm in the same boat.  I got spoiled with my STG58 bipod (FAL) that folds up into the handguards.  I'd LOVE to have something like that for my AR.  I loathe the way the Harris hangs off the front end of an AR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Parker Hale.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Go with GGG's new bipod. All aluminum. Will take up to 50BMG recoil. And only weights 16oz.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go with GGG's new bipod. All aluminum. Will take up to 50BMG recoil. And only weights 16oz.
View Quote

[img]http://www.lightfighter.com/GGG/GGG-bipod.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Parker Hale.
View Quote

Definatly better, but several times the price of the Harris.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top