Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2003 1:32:55 PM EDT
I've noticed some interest in utilizing "high-side mount" sling swivels for the A2 "fixed" buttstock. Does anyone currently manufacture such an item ? I've seen many different configurations for collapsable stocks, but none for the A2 fixed stock.

I was considering producing these if none are available. Anyone interested ?

Thanks,

Dustin
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:36:59 PM EDT
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but the folowing options are available: - most tactical slings are available with a setup that will attach to a fixed buttstock. These are all some variation of a nylon strap that wraps around the stock with a buckle on one or both sides to attach a sling. - there is a top sling adapter that has been used by the military in the past that allows a sling to be attached at the top - you can rig up your own connection with some 550 cord - there's a stock available, I think Fulton Armory has it, that is a regular A2 stock but it has a sling swivel at the top.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:00:06 AM EDT
H, Thanks for the info. I've noticed a lot of tactical slings that have a google of nylon wraps/straps/cords to connect the body of the sling to the buttstock. Seems like it can be a bit of a mess to deal with. I was thinking about something a little more cost effective (maybe around $10.00) as an option to replacing the buttstock. I've never seen the top sling adapter the military uses. I suspect it may be similar to what I had in mind. I was thinking about an "L" shaped piece of metal (2"x 3/8"x1/8") (with a beveled hole in the short leg) for mounting in the existing rear buttstock screw/hole. Then, have a traditional swivel/QR stud at the end of the longer leg. If there is enough interest in producing such an item, I could knock a few out for the fine folks here at AR15.com
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:51:17 PM EDT
The military piece is a flat piece of metal that is shaped sort of like a triangle that is pointing down. The narrow end has a hole to attach at the top buttstock screw and the wide end has a slot to fit the sling through. The velcro strap setups that most tac slings use work well enough. The only problem is that they all have a second strap that goes around the rear to hold it all in place which blocks the cleaning kit trapdoor.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:07:25 PM EDT
H, Sounds like an interesting solution for the A2 stock. I'll knock out a couple of "Y" shaped "ambi" sling swivels and post some pic to see what people think. Thanks again.
Top Top