Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 6:02:55 AM EDT
Hey all,

I just received my CQB Solutions CBQ sling which fits on my RRA M4gery with CAR stock. I have it attached to the but stock and the front sling swivel/hand guard. My question is, how do I know if I've got the darn thing adjusted correctly? Right now, I have the sling shortened to where when I grab the rifle while it's hanging, it's easy to shoulder and the sling drops away from my line of sight under my forearm. What I notice is, with this setup, the barrel is nearly 6" from the ground. Is this right?

Any help or pics of someone using a CQB sling correctly would be AWESOME. BTW, the sling is made very well. I couldn't be more happy for the $25 it cost.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]
How close the barrel is to the ground depends alot on how tall you are and how long the barrel is.

The sling should be adjusted so that the buttstock is just below your shoulder when hanging.

But what I've found works best is simply simply make it as tight as I can without making it too tight to shoulder and move with.

No matter waht you do the barrel will be hanging down and you'll have to train yourself to be aware of it so that you don't jam it into the ground.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you are 4 feet tall, 6 inches seems pretty low.

From the source:

[url]http://www.cqbsolutions.com/carryoptions.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The sling is adjusted properly. You just need to lengthen your legs.

Just kidding.

Shoot Jeff an e-mail @ CQB Solutions. He's a great guy, knows his shit, and will fix you up mucho quicko.

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top