Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2003 12:55:14 PM EDT
They look cool but are they functional? Prone to breakage? I would be replacing a post ban "fixed" collapsible on a M4 mock. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:19:05 PM EDT
At the right edge of the screen in the bar with the grey background is a link titled 'Search' Click that and use ARFX as your search criteria. Or just browse around. Either way you're sure to find at least a few of the numerous threads about this stock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:55:51 PM EDT
The short answer I'll give you about mine is that I love it, but don't think I'd have it as my only stock on my only AR. I have 5, 3 have reg stocks, one has a tele (pre-ban) and the last has an Ace. It makes for a very light rifle that is handy as hell, but I can't help thinking it isn't going to be as durable for a field rifle. Your call, what do you plan on it role being?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2003 5:15:43 PM EDT by JRussell]
First of all...WOW! How did I miss that the Search function is actually back. How long has that been around? Wasn't it down for like ever???? As to the original poster, I have the short entry versoin of the the ARFX and absolutely love it. Only stock on my only AR, but then again, it is my first. [;D] Absolute best advice I could give you is to find somewhere that you could shoulder a rifle with the stock you are thinking about. I was dead set on a fixed telestock until I shouldered this stock at a local store (they were building up a custom AR for someone). As to reliability, I haven't heard a single horror story about them. Here's a pic: [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056122.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:28:32 PM EDT
I like the hell out of mine! I don't really dig the telescoping stocks much, though, I guess they have their place. I had originally bought one for my M96 then I found out that they made them for ARs also, so I had get it too. IMO, they're very functional with a solid feel to it. I'm in the process of building another AR and I plan on outfitting it with an ACE, also. So, I guess...yea! [;)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:23:55 AM EDT
I own two and just got finished ordering the new M4SOCOM version. I love mine. Rock solid and very comfortable when shouldered. Don't hesitate, buy it. My .02 worth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:31:55 AM EDT
I bought one when they first came out. I have it on one of my lightweight carbines and really love it. On an only semi-related note, I have had one of their non-folding tubular stocks on one of my AKs for years without any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of their products. (That being said, I'll probably use a VLTOR on my next build, just because I don't have one yet... [:D])
Top Top