Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2003 9:32:57 PM EDT
Is there any adapters I should pick up? or anything that work nice with these sling? also what is the size that most like 1.25 or 1.5? since I have no way of checking my self.

Now the ? is should i get the CQB, SOP,or the CST sling from CQB I am leaning toward the CST, I am going to order one for my bushmaster standard A3 and my M4, My stepfather likes to shoot the M4 and he is righthanded but shoots left handed would a right handed sling mess thigs up for him? should I go with the sop for that gun since it is a left or right hand sling? and the CST for the standeard AR?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Personal preferences are based on a myriad of factors. The 1.5" wide straps distribute the rifle's weight over a breader area, which makes for greater comfort, but some find the greater width gets in the way. Single pt. slings make for easy transition to "weak-side" shooting, but also let the gun flop about. IMO these may be better suited to the shorter subgun class weapons, whereas 3 pts. seem to work better for carbines & above (M4 is in this latter territory). Again, this is a personal opinion, & is also subject to intended use.

Luckily for the consumer, several sling mfg's are competing for your dollars, so the benefit goes to quality. CQB Solutions 3-pt SOP sling has gotten a lot of good reviews. Tactical Tailor, Giles, Daniel Defense, etc., etc. all make good products, & have been featured here. Keep an open mind & even be willing to try a few for yourself. Experience & time may change your preference, too, so don't be surprosed if you get another brand down the road. I have a TT 3-point, & will be adding a CQB SOP sling to the mix.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top