Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2003 5:11:50 PM EDT
I am looking for the best tactical sling for my AR-15 the kind that keeps the gun infront of you, where can I get one of these and how much does it cost? thanks a lot
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Giles slings from [url]www.thewilderness.com[/url].  3 point on my full size and single point on a GG&G mount on my carbine.  They will outlast any other sling on the market, and the same durable sling material that is stiff will have less wear in the single point model, and wont allow it to focus and dig into your shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out CQB Solutions. Excellent slings and customer service. Do a search or maybe somebody can provide a link???
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I second the [url=http://www.cqbsolutions.com/]CQB Solutions[/url] Slings.  I have their 3 point slings on my AR's and SAR1 (Romanian AK 47)  I've tried the Wilderness Single point sling and you'll probably see it in the Equipment Exchange soon.  For my M4gery I went to the ZM Weapons Single point sling, that I bought from Bandit (John) of Excaliber Arms on the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the Viking Tactics sling from Viking Tactics.

[url=http://www.vikingtactics.com/ForSale/vtac_sling1.htm] Viking Tactics Sling[/url]

It's easy to let the sling out for going prone and to take up the slack easily. I have attached it with H&K clips as a single point, also.
I spent some time with the owner Kyle Lamb today, he will have a wider version out in the future, either flat or with foam incorporated in it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Now the ? is should i get the CQB, SOP,or the CST sling from CQB I am leaning toward the CST, I am going to order one for my bushmaster standard A3 and my M4, My stepfather likes to shoot the M4 and he is righthanded but shoots left handed would a right handed sling mess thigs up for him? should I go with the sop for that gun since it is a left or right hand sling? and the CST for the standeard AR?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
CQB SOLUTIONS!SOP SLING-The cadillac of all 3-point tac slings with 1.5" webbing that REALLY makes a differeance in comfort and the lack of binding.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the Giles slings from [url]www.thewilderness.com[/url].  3 point on my full size and single point on a GG&G mount on my carbine.  They will outlast any other sling on the market, and the same durable sling material that is stiff will have less wear in the single point model, and wont allow it to focus and dig into your shoulder.
View Quote

I concure - Lumpy knows his gear!

Giles would be my first choice - Tactical Taylor my 2nd.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a CST and I like it.  Of course, I also have the standard 3 point, SOP and HSTS single point from CQB Solutions.  Have a couple for sale in the EE right now (shameless plug)

The CST allows changing shoulders or going prone much more easily than the standard 3 point.  I like the SOP for extended carry, it is the most comfortable sling I have tried due to the wider webbing.  THe thing I dislike about the SOP is how far it hangs the buttstock from your chest in a "front drop" carry.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there any adapters I should pick up? or anything that work nice with these sling?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Posting so I can find this back.  I need a new sling too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is there any adapters I should pick up? or anything that work nice with these sling?
View Quote

CQB Solutions slings come with everything you need to mount them.  For a 20", this is all you need.  For a 16, I personally prefer a front side sling adapter or GGG Sling Thing as the hanguards are short enough without wrapping webbing around them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
SOEgear.com has some of the sweetest geat anyone could want!!!  good stuff all around :)

[url]www.SOEgear.com[/url]=
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
CQB Rules!!!!  I have two of their slings and love them.  Do yourself a favor and check out the website.  Mine was only $39.00 plus shipping.  Probably some of the best money I've spent when it comes to accessories.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I was looking at [url]www.tacticaltailor.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Well this is waht i did it may sound backwards but it kind of make sense to me, I bought the CQB CST sling in black for my A3 20 in AR the sales guy talked me into, I then bough the SOP sling in black for my M4 the reason for this is that my step father likes to shoot the M4 and he is a left hand shooter and the SOP can be used for right and left hand shooters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
No answers, but a question. I got a tactical sling with this Velcro stuff. If I shoot wearing a sweater or something like that, it sticks to it.
Am I correct in my assessment that it is crap, or am I missing something?  Doesn't seem like velcro is something you want on your gun - on your shoes maybe.
I got it at a gun show and they had a sign which said it is a current issue in US Marine corps or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd say your assessment is correct.  Look at some of the slings suggested here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Looking at www.cqbsolutions.com/arsling.htm

I like the standard AR-15 / M-16A2 CQB Sling, with 1.25" width for the standard AR. Same thing for the SLR-95.

Or would a 1.5" wide sling make more sense?

I know the HK series requires one. Does anyone make a 1.5" wide sling for the HK? The stock one is sorely inadequate at only 1" wide.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Go to [URL]www.lightfighter.com[/URL] and you can get just about any type of tac sling made. You can get just about any type of gear period, actually.

There is also a [URL=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=10] new gear forum on this site [/URL]moderated by Brad, the owner of Lightfighter. He is always willing to help someone get the correct gear for their needs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a CQB solutions sling on one of my AR's and I like it, except when it comes down to storage.  Most "normal" rifle slings can easily be tightened up for transport, storage in a safe, etc., but all the "tactical" slings I've seen sort of just flop around all over the place, get caught, tangled in the safe, etc.   There is no way to snug them up nicely for storage purposes.   Anything new out there that give similar performance to the CQB sling yet stores nicely?

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Try using a rubber band around the excess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I had Giles slings, but mostly CQB now, but they both rock hard!

Comfort - CQB
Tactical use - Giles

The stiff webbing of the Giles dug into my wussy civilian non-armored/tac-geared out shoulder.  But that same stiff webbing will last longer and make the sling more predictable and controllable IMO, especially in the single point version.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
 ...There is no way to snug them up nicely for storage purposes.  
Rocko
View Quote

I stuff the excess through the front sight tower.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Bought mine through Coal Creek Amory.  They were very helpful in figuring out the right configuration for my needs and that would work on my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#25]
The best sling are made by Ed at [url]www.GRSC.com[/url]  He is the grandfather of the fast buckle 3 point sling design.  his new snap sling are even faster amd better.  great guy to talk to and very knowledgeable on slings.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Which is better from CQB? The models that use the front sling swivel or the models that provide the front and rear adapters? Is there any functional difference?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Which is better from CQB? The models that use the front sling swivel or the models that provide the front and rear adapters? Is there any functional difference?
View Quote

Those guys are great and so are their products!  That said, swivels up front without question.  Have side mounted qd swivels on a RAS and front sight tower.  GGG rear sling thing on my collapsible, and the buttstock adapter from CQB on my A2 buttstock / 16" fluted combo.  Anything that rids the rifle of things that can hang up or are excess is what I opt for.  The swivels are simply better in my opinion.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top