Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 4:32:46 PM EDT
In my other thread of a similar name, you can read my questions about selecting a buttstock and single-point sling attachment.

Well, I made my decision and this is what I came up with...

I went with a Cavalry Arms C1 Buttstock from Coal Creek Armory and a single-point sling adapter for an A1 length fixed buttstock from Fulton Armory. For the sling, I simply utilized a "M-60"-type padded sling & HK-type hook that I had on hand. I bought a quick-release buckle and a couple of keepers from a local outdoor shop and I was set to put everything together...

The single-point sling adapter from Fulton Armory came with the sling attachment, a spacer for the end of the buffer tube, and a longer buffer tube screw to allow for the extra length of the sling attachment.

The CavArms C1 buttstock came with the buttstock, a buttplate with trapdoor, and a buffer tube screw appropriate for an A1 length buttstock.

Long story made short, I removed the A2 buttstock from my AR and, using the longer buffer tube screw supplied with the sling adapter, installed the single-point sling adapter and C1 buttstock.

I still have to adjust the length of the sling, but here's some pictures of the completed project:

Close-up of installed single-point sling adapter:

C1 Buttstock:

Close-up of sling & HK-type hook clipped in place:

Picture of the whole works:

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. What's keeping the buckle from sliding up and making a noose?  You may want to sew in an extra loop so it doesn't do that.  Also, the padding may get in the way, you may want to use a regular "silent sling" to make a single point sling.  In either case it looks great, and I hope it works out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Vinnie-

The quick-release buckle is in between the HK-type hook and a sling keeper that keeps it from becoming a "noose".

The padding on the sling doesn't interfere with it's movement and is actually quite comfortable.

BTW- I REALLY like the length of the C1 Buttstock. It fits me MUCH better than the standard A2 stock. I like to be able to have my nose just touching the charging handle when I shoot. It was hard to do that with the A2 stock. With the C1 stock, it happens naturally without thinking about it.

Only time will tell how well the sling set-up will work out, but it looks promising.

If I like the way it works out, I'm thinking about getting rid of the regular sling attachment all together to make the package more streamlined. I'll remove it and use a regular nut on the lower buttplate screw to keep it in place. I may even go as far as to fill in the regular sling attachment cut-out on the stock with some short-strand body filler. After which, I'll smooth it out and paint it black. That's on down the road a bit, though.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top