Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/1/2003 4:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2003 4:34:42 PM EDT by sgtstinger]
In my other thread of a similar name, you can read my questions about selecting a buttstock and single-point sling attachment.

Well, I made my decision and this is what I came up with...

I went with a Cavalry Arms C1 Buttstock from Coal Creek Armory and a single-point sling adapter for an A1 length fixed buttstock from Fulton Armory. For the sling, I simply utilized a "M-60"-type padded sling & HK-type hook that I had on hand. I bought a quick-release buckle and a couple of keepers from a local outdoor shop and I was set to put everything together...

The single-point sling adapter from Fulton Armory came with the sling attachment, a spacer for the end of the buffer tube, and a longer buffer tube screw to allow for the extra length of the sling attachment.

The CavArms C1 buttstock came with the buttstock, a buttplate with trapdoor, and a buffer tube screw appropriate for an A1 length buttstock.

Long story made short, I removed the A2 buttstock from my AR and, using the longer buffer tube screw supplied with the sling adapter, installed the single-point sling adapter and C1 buttstock.

I still have to adjust the length of the sling, but here's some pictures of the completed project:

Close-up of installed single-point sling adapter:

C1 Buttstock:

Close-up of sling & HK-type hook clipped in place:

Picture of the whole works:

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:57:51 PM EDT
Very nice. What's keeping the buckle from sliding up and making a noose? You may want to sew in an extra loop so it doesn't do that. Also, the padding may get in the way, you may want to use a regular "silent sling" to make a single point sling. In either case it looks great, and I hope it works out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2003 6:33:39 PM EDT by sgtstinger]
Vinnie- The quick-release buckle is in between the HK-type hook and a sling keeper that keeps it from becoming a "noose". The padding on the sling doesn't interfere with it's movement and is actually quite comfortable. BTW- I REALLY like the length of the C1 Buttstock. It fits me MUCH better than the standard A2 stock. I like to be able to have my nose just touching the charging handle when I shoot. It was hard to do that with the A2 stock. With the C1 stock, it happens naturally without thinking about it. Only time will tell how well the sling set-up will work out, but it looks promising. If I like the way it works out, I'm thinking about getting rid of the regular sling attachment all together to make the package more streamlined. I'll remove it and use a regular nut on the lower buttplate screw to keep it in place. I may even go as far as to fill in the regular sling attachment cut-out on the stock with some short-strand body filler. After which, I'll smooth it out and paint it black. That's on down the road a bit, though.
Top Top