Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 7:32:14 PM EDT
I have the new Colt M4 ribbed stock, similar to the RRA ribbed stock, and was wondering what do you guys recommend for side sling carry?
What hardware do you use to attach the sling to the stock?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the GG&G Standard Rear Sling Thing

Be sure to ask specifically for the model that fits the Colt Type II/RRA 6-position stocks.  It has a different cut than the standard version for the early CAR stocks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone tried one of these on an actual Colt type II M4 stock? Not the more common RRA ribbed stock but a Colt ribbed stock?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is currently on a Colt Type II M4 stock.

Proof:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=258&iImageUnq=9403[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=258&iImageUnq=9404[/img]

Forgot I had the pics from a previous thread on this.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a CQB solutions sling that came with a small velcro loop for the aft mounting point.  I removed the metal sling mount and just ran the strap through the groove and over the top of my ribbed Colt stock.  It is very strong and allows the sling to slide from side to top depending on position.  I preferred this to other more complicated wrapping type slings that just look like rifle spaghetti.  I also didn't feel a need for another metal sling loop back there. (If I did GGG's seem best)  Lastly, the velcro is (sort of) "QD" if thats important to you.  It works well with the old school bbl mounted Colt front sidesling adapter.  Check it out.    

www.CQBsolutions.com
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I was about to get a GG&G rear sling thing for my M4A3 untill I found (well at least to me) a new Discovery......

On the standard ribbed M4 fiberlite telestock the BOTTOM MOUNTED SLING SWIVEL IS DESIGNED TO PIVOT TO EITHER THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT for tactical side Sling mounting![:O] I simply turned mine to the left side,tightened it, and it stays in place rock solid!(found out on the Rock River Arms site).

I used to loop my 3 point sling adaptor thru the sling cutouts with lots of binding, tangling and discomfort but ever since this "Discovery"occured to me I remounted my 3point on the PIVOTING Bottom Sling swivel and ALL PROBLEMS HAVE CEASED! Save yourself the $40 bucks. Turn and tighten the Pivoting bottom swivel and use it as it was actually designed for!

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
On the standard ribbed M4 fiberlite telestock the BOTTOM MOUNTED SLING SWIVEL IS DESIGNED TO PIVOT TO EITHER THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT for tactical side Sling mounting!
View Quote

But not on a Colt or LMT brand ribbed M4 stock.
Look carefully at the above pics and you will see that the rear swivel will not pivot at all to either side.

The aftermarket RRA/Bushmaster versions will pivot side to side but not a Colt or LMT brand.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top