Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 3:40:30 PM EDT
I read that it can get in the way when charging your gun,might there be a brand that is out of the way more than others?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put a KAC quick detachable single-point adapter on my Bushy. The adapter is ambidextrous, for us lefties. The holes for the QD swivel put the swivel & sling well out of the way for me. I am using a CQB Solutions HST sling, & so far I am very happy with it.

KAC's website was under construction the last time I checked it. Wes Grant @ MSTN answered my questions about the KAC installation. If you e-mail him, I'm sure he can furnish some pictures for you. If he's on the site, you will probably hear from him anyway. That was my first dealing with Wes & MSTN, but it won't be my last. They are really a quality outfit...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the DPMS unit, available from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=168249]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the one from GG&G designed for a webbing attachment, but it looked like the top portion would get in the way of my finger when I used the charging handle.  I went with the one from [url=www.danieldefense.com]Daniel Defense[/url], because it is lower on the receiver, and follows the contour of the area under the buffer tube.  
If you're worried about clearance, go with one that uses a ring and attach your sling with a loop of 550 cord or an HK-type snaplink.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Im a big fan of single point slings on AR carbines.  Ive tried just about every mount available though, and havent found one yet that wasnt at least a little in the way of the stock or my wrist.  I settled on the GG&G, but could get along with the Daniel Defense also.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you seen this [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=165094[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That would drop the gun too low for me.  And the beauty of the reciever mounted single point sling is it gets the sling off the buttstock and makes shouldering faster and smoother without any hangups.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top