Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2003 6:57:33 PM EDT
I'm trying to get some suggestions from other VLTOR stock owners on how to load up the battery tubes.  I noticed that you can only put 2 Surefire CR123 batteries in each tube, but that's not the issue.  I'd like to know what you use to separate the batteries, so they don't get jambed in the tube.  So far I love this stock, but haven't come up with a foolproof way of loading batteries that are easily removed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I took thin sandwhich bags, dropped one 123 in, and twisted the plastic around it, and then repeated with the second.  It feeds into the tube with the excess plastic acting as a pull tab when you need to get them out.  It has the added benifit of stopping them from rattling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I use foam ear plug to fill in extra space.

Actually, I like Lumpy's way. In a previous post, he mentioned the plastic baggy idea, but thought he was using the bags to fill the gap. Now, I see what he's doing with them. Good Idea! Not only does it fill the extra space, but it aids in extracting the batteries.

ls
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 2 12 packs of 123 batteries from Surefire and found that the styrofoam "peanuts" that they packed the box with were a perfect diameter.  They can easily be cut to any length you want, depending on what else you have in there.  I'm looking for a CLP bottle with the right diameter...  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top