Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/21/2003 3:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 3:19:58 PM EDT by Red-Bucket-98]
I used to use a Tactical Tailor three point tactical sling on my Colt Sporter Target.

Today, I put a Surefire M500A on it, and that sling no longer works on it.

Which sling should I use now?

Maybe a CQB Solutions Special OPs Patrol Sling
attached to a GGG Sling Thing on the front sight?

But the surefire has the little LEDs on the other side of the rifle. It looks like these LEDs will interfere with a tactical sling mounted to the front sight.

By the way, this M500A is damn nice light.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:01:34 PM EDT
I have the same problem. I have been using a Giles sling from GG&G on my Bushy, & have been very happy with it. But now, with the SF 500, the Giles works only by putting the front loop through the sight tower & cinching it down real tight (don't tell GG&G, I'm sure they wouldn't approve). So last week I ordered a single-point adapter & HST sling from CQB Solutions. As soon as it comes in, I will let you know how it works.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:51:24 AM EDT
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:02:25 PM EDT
Bushmaster sells a side sling swivel that clamps on to the barrel instead of the front post. I have on my rifle, and it works very well. I don't yet have an M500, but it looks like it should fit under the LED lamp.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 8:04:01 PM EDT by Red-Bucket-98]
WOW. That was the best advice yet. It looks like I will get the BMAS Rail Sling Mount with a QD Swivel and put it on the BMAS Triple Mount. Then I will buy a Special Operations Patrol Sling from CQB Solutions. Now my only problem is figuring what to put on the other two rails! Thanks, SomeGuyInAHat. I appreciate your help.
Top Top