Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2003 10:33:48 AM EDT
I'm looking into buying a shot timer.Before everyone says just use a stopwatch, Been there done that. Want the real thing now. Dillon has their CED 6000 shot timer for $129. Any other suggestions on other brands, price and features? Anyone make a shot timer /Chrony? Looking for something affordable and durable. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:08:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 8:10:12 AM EDT by Roberson]
I have a PACT Club Timer II which has been very satisfactory to me. The unusual physical shape is actually an asset -- it handles well -- and it records/displays more data than some other makes. After I had mine about a year and a half, the auto shutoff feature quit working and it would drain batteries quickly. The company repaired it for a modest amount -- just shipping charges, IIRC -- and it's been trouble-free ever since. I'd not hesitate to get another. I got mine for $125, but I think the price is a bit higher now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:40:33 PM EDT
I've owned a CED 6000 for 5+ years and have been very happy with it. It has a lot of extra features for a timer in its price range and its a great, rugged value. I've got a review at my web site - [url]http://thecurmudgeon.freeservers.com[/url] Also, this is a link to a review of all the timers on the market that was done by SportShooter.com: [url]http://www.sportshooter.com/gear/rev_timers.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:45:45 AM EDT
Front Sight, the USPSA magazine, did a review of several times six month or so ago. If I could find it, I'd tell you which issue it was. They found the CED 6000 was the best in their rating system. I bought one and love it. But, it really depends on how you intend to use the timer. For training, I think the CED 6000 has all of the features you need including, par, delay beep, random start, fixed start, etc. The 6000 also has the ability to provide an electrical contact closure on start to activate targets. My only gripe is pocket clip is hard to use. BUT..... If you want to use the 6000 for club matches, the timer is big and heavy. Its also big. I've had brass hit the timer and count another shot. If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy the 6000. I think mine was about $133 including shipping. On the other hand, almost all clubs I've shot with use the Pocket Pro.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:11:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Roberson: I have a PACT Club Timer II which has been very satisfactory to me. The unusual physical shape is actually an asset -- it handles well -- and it records/displays more data than some other makes. After I had mine about a year and a half, the auto shutoff feature quit working and it would drain batteries quickly. The company repaired it for a modest amount -- just shipping charges, IIRC -- and it's been trouble-free ever since. I'd not hesitate to get another. I got mine for $125, but I think the price is a bit higher now.
View Quote
I had the PACT timer as well.I bought it at MidwayUSA for $109.They have them on sale every now and then.It's what my club uses for IDPA and I have had no complaints from it.
Top Top