Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 7:07:37 PM EDT
http://www.wideopenwest.com/~otter/jtkit_rifle2.jpg
looking for a tac type sling or a 3 point where it will hang at patrol ready or across my chest

image stolen form ottergt
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
a Single point sling would work great with that stock
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A Single point sling won't hang it across your chect correctly. I'd look at a 3 point sling. I'd look up CQB Solutions and call them up. they're very helpful and figured out what I wanted and fit me to the best option. Very good customer service.

check out this threafd I just found  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=167576&w=activePop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the ACE stock on my BM and switched to the single point sling. That takes some getting used to and now I am very comfortable with it. Practice with both and see what suits your needs.
I haven't been able to post pictures here yet but if you would like to see what the rig looks like, I can email you direct.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A Single point sling won't hang it across your chect correctly. I'd look at a 3 point sling. I'd look up CQB Solutions and call them up. they're very helpful and figured out what I wanted and fit me to the best option. Very good customer service.

check out this threafd I just found  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=167576&w=activePop[/url]
View Quote

Three point slings attatch to the rear of a conventional stock,  This stick already has a sling mounting point just to the rear of the reciever where the stock begins.  A single point sling will fit this the best.  As fas as "hanging across your chest correctly," where on earth did you ever get this idea?  I havd a CQB solutions sling (three actually) and for my M4 I went to a single point sling which did the exact same thing without the extra sling section.  Plus the rifle was more balenced haning from more of the middle of the rifle than the rear of the rifle and made for easier transitions from strong side to weak side.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Bult4Mud!  I've been trying to do a little sling research for my ACE-equipped carbine (the one pictured)...you beat me to the punch by asking the question for me [:)]

--Ottergt
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered an HST sling from CQB Solutions...spoke to Jeff, who was [b]extremely[/b] helpful & courteous.  When I inquired about the HST application on my ACE stock, he mentioned this thread and indicated that the HST was probably the best of their products for this stock, as a normal 3 point sling would be difficult to attach.

Kudos to Jeff and CQB solutions!  [beer]

--OtterGT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Tigerdvr please e mail me at [email protected]

thanx

im gonna look into a single point i like the 3 points as well because i do  have the option of a few different carry ways.

i bought the lower and it has a 4 position colapsable on it but i plan to take it off asap because i do believe it is a post ban  lower so im either going to a a2 or one of the ace stocks

thanx

JIM
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#10]
If they would put a top mount sling swivel on the ARFX, I would buy one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
You might have enough room to drill & tap a top mount hole at the end of the stock.

--Otter
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Flames On!

I'm not bashing collapsable stocks.  I liked having one on my MP-5 because it made it more portable and easier to pack in my war bag.  But to tell you the truth in 22 years as a SWAT Cops I don't ever recall carrying it collapsed into a gun fight.

The idiotic assault weapons ban just rendered them useless (literally), unless you're into the cosmetics?

I want to put an Ace Skeleton on my BM VMatch, which (fitted with a 16" Hart Barrel and an EOTech 552) should make a nice little CQB tack driver.

Opinions on the Ace from you guys?  Tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#13]
To my own question.  I found a BM 25Anniversary in a local gun store (that I probably should buy for the hell of it), thereby giving me an opportunity to check one out.  

Personal observation - perfect.  Nothing I didn't like about it.  I wish I'd had one on my entry gun but I don't think they existed back then.  

What an excellent CQB package that makes.

P.S.  For some reason, every pic I have ever seen of one made them look kind of flimbsy and ill mated to the receiver.  They are neither.  With the caveat that I've yet to "field test" it, they appear to be top notch hardware.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
CQB Solutions "HST w/ERB"

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=127&t=140574&w=activePop[/url]
View Quote

Ditto. I have the HST on my VLTOR which will hang the rifle the same as if it had an ACE. Once you get used to it, you'll like it! (Also works well with a Burnsed Loop from Daniels Defense on an A1 stock)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
You are absolutely correct about the BM 25th anniversary edition rifle.  I handled one at a local gunshow and it was the most impressive AR that I have seen.  Since I already had a BM AK shorty, I had BM make an upper receiver for me of the exact configuration as the upper on the annivesary rifle and I added an Ace Skeleton stock to my lower.  I have to say that this rifle configuration is outstanding.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top