Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 2:07:23 AM EDT
Does this sling come with provisions for mounting on the side of an M4, or do I need to find them elsewhere. I`m not sure if I need the SLING THING from GG&G to mount the sling to the M4.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What about sling swivels? Does the sling at least come with those?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about sling swivels? Does the sling at least come with those?
View Quote

No, no swivels.  

There are several models, some that use the "standard" bottom sling swivel at the bottom along with a handguard wrap.  Most attach directly to a carbine type stock with no additional hardware required.  Check their website, it's all there...

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I got the one which was called "the deployment package" or something like that.  The sling, by itself, can attach to an M-4 or other side-mounted AR.  The adapters for mounting it to a solid stock allow for mounting to a regular M-16/AR-15.

Edit:  This is the one you want, just pick the color you need (tan, black, or OD)--
SOP Armed Forces Deployment Package W/ERB
Includes: Standard SOP sling w/ERB, ambidextrous M-16A2 & M-4 adapters. Can be used with the M-16A2, M-203 or M-4. This allows the user to use the sling with any M-16 series weapon that they may be issued following deployment.
View Quote

It is the 200 series, and found here:

[url=http://www.cqbsolutions.com/sop_sling.htm]CQB Solutions SOP Sling[/url]

It's only a couple bucks more.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I own the CQB Solitions SOP for my m-4.  But my M-4 already had the side sling swivel.  The SOP came with a rear adapter.  I think you can get one with the wrap around for the front and the rear adapter.

The SOP sling is very comfortable!!!  It also has a lot of neat options that makes this a very versatile sling.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking at buying a SOP sling with the ERB, but don't know which one to get.  I have a Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 Type Post-Ban Carbine. Should I get the 132, 133 or just buy the 200 deployment package.  They all seem the same to me.  [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the deployment package because my carbine (see avatar) used to have a fixed BM buttstock on it.  I modded a Blackhawk Swift sling to fit, but when I put the regular A2 stock back on, I couldn't use the BH sling anymore.

The deployment package also helps since I have an A2 20" upper, so I need something more than a CAR/M4 front sling attachment point.

YMMV,

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
JTood, They are all the same as far as the basic sling goes.  The 132, and 133 only differ in which handguards they fit.  Fat M4 style or skinny CAR style.  The benifit to the 200 is it has extra adapters to fit different stocks and handguards.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
i bought the Deployment package so i don't need to find a new sling if i change stocks, grips, etc.

i think it was like $3 more than the stock-specific versions, it's more than reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:47:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JTood, They are all the same as far as the basic sling goes.  The 132, and 133 only differ in which handguards they fit.  Fat M4 style or skinny CAR style.  The benifit to the 200 is it has extra adapters to fit different stocks and handguards.
View Quote

thanks for the reply.  I'll be ordering the 200 later this morning!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered the 200 BLK-ERB SOP Armed Forces Deployment Package.  How long has shipping taken for you guys?  I'm going to Quantico on sunday to shoot and would like to have it by then.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#12]
ordered from the CQB website, i got mine in about 4 days.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I got mine in two days from ordering on the website.  YMMV.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, all.  Earlier today I received a confirmation for my SOP order and Jeff, President of CQB Solutions, added a note.  He said he heard I wanted the sling to take to Quantico and bumped my order up to 2nd Day Air at his expense!  I like it when businesses go that additional step that they don't have to do.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the single point, and put it on a Knights mount, and I love it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#16]
CQB Solutions are very quick to get orders out, great place to get your tactical slings!  I got mine in three days total (that's including the day I ordered it on the site).  By prioirty mail....  enjoy the sling
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Put in an order with Lightfighter, its on backorder. Figure ill give em a couple weeks. Im not a very patient person so this is killin me. [xx(]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I got all my CQB Solutions versions from MSTN.  I'm very pleased with their service and selection.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I also got my CQB sling from MSTN. I called asking for a different sling for a gun he knows about. This was a couple days before everyone was advertising them. In fact, Wes didnt even have them in house but said he expected them in that day. I ordered it and had it within 24 hours! I got the dployment package and am super happy with it. I used the extra stock attachment on a different gun and would have paid a lot more for it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top