BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:16 PM EDT
Has anyone tried one of these yet?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the same as the Daniel Defense single-point sling?  If so, I have ordered several from Brownell's for fellow officers and they all seem to like it.  Several of our SWAT officers are using them.
If that's not the same sling, then I can't help you.  That's the only Daniel Defense sling I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it is a new design he came out with a couple of months ago. From the pics on their web site, it looks to attach at least at two points on the weapon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the X-treme sling.  It suits my needs better than any other sling I've tried(GI, HK, Giles, Simple Sling). Lemme put it this way, if you operate EXCLUSIVELY in an urban environment, the Simple Sling or Single Point works great.  If you work ONLY in the woods, a two point or three point works better.  However, if you need ONE SETUP that is great in both environments, the X-treme Sling should satisfy you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
That center metal buckle looks like it would be uncomfortable in a prone position. How does it work out for you?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That center metal buckle looks like it would be uncomfortable in a prone position. How does it work out for you?
View Quote

Kihn,

Unless you are laying on top of your rifle the buckle is out of the way.  If you are proned out with your rifle under you, that buckle is probably the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking sling with alot of options. just curious about the metal buckle position. Your point is well taken tho on proning out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]
By design, its intended to be used by people who already have load bearing equipment etc on them.

Its highly unlikely it would pose a problem othewise.  It would shift forward on your chest if you went prone.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top