Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2003 5:17:37 PM EDT
finaly found one at the berea oh gunshow.
40 bucks gets the truncated cleaning kit, clip, screw, 10 patches, and spare carrier.

otisgun.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/fcatalog.html&setup= 1&cart_id=

carrier will hold 2AA batts or a dozen aimpoint batts, but not the 3v lithium that flashlights take. (who would expect it to?) a clever packer could probably find room for an M1 carbine sized oiler in with the cleaning kit.
kit seems to fit securely in the grip. two detents on the carrier to catch it if it slips loose. have to take it to the range to see if it will fall out like the rubber plugs .

conclusion: i see it as an emergency kit- a backup to a full kit [chamber brush, clp, extra patches, etc. will likely need to be stored elsewhere), or a space/weight saving alternative to going without. if you prefer the GI grip, the spare carrier provides a convenient place for a lens cloth, a few batteries... or condoms, whatever your pleasure.
at $40-$45 it's pricey, but as a hopeless gear queer, i had to have one. i think it's a clever idea- ymmv.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried the link to otis but was unable to open.  You might want to try www.otisgun.com

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#2]
start here:[url]www.otisgun.com[/url]
click- catalog
scroll down, click- military and professional cleaning systems
scroll down, click- grip kit cleaning system- you're there!

[url]http://www.srtsupply.com/pages/firearms%20accessories/otis.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#3]
does it fit the hogue grip???????????????
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top