Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2002 12:52:31 PM EDT
I was wondering how well the Sling Thing actually works. To me, it looks like it mounts to a very small portion of metal from the front A Frame assembly. Is there any risk of the adapter letting loose or breaking the small bit of metal it clings to, due to increased stress from running or other such activity while at "sling arms"? Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:17:02 PM EDT
No worries - I can assure you it's as solid as a rock. If it makes you feel better, you can always Loctite the screws, but none of mine ever came loose w/out it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:42:09 PM EDT
SAME THING HERE. SOLID AND VERY PLEASED. LUBE THE BALL BEARINGS EVERY SO OFTEN IF YOU ARE USING THE Q.D. MODEL.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT
you guys sure make me wonder if u aren't pushing this product!........if u wanna advertise email goatboy!...i'm gonna lock these threads if i think they are hawking products. thx!
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:43:50 PM EDT
A very bad idea, as it is not smart to torque the sight housing to one side, especially from that point of leverage, it gradually screws up the barrels accuracy, and it doesn't take much constant pulling.
Good Shootin, Jack
Top Top