BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep circling back to this optic over and over and I'm glad you guys are asking for the top mounted RDS. Me too. 1x/3x with this form factor, this price point and performance is really desirable.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nyxd:
Keep circling back to this optic over and over and I'm glad you guys are asking for the top mounted RDS. Me too. 1x/3x with this form factor, this price point and performance is really desirable.
View Quote
I shared it on the last page, but even something similar to scope tube mount around here would be nice

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
I shared it on the last page, but even something similar to scope tube mount around here would be nice

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/PA-SLX-3XMP-RAPTOR-5YP_02_jpg-2391275_jp-2432220.JPG
View Quote

That's what keeps it from becoming a primary optic for me. I think a ring would need to be custom made as that part is too big for even my 34mm ring mount. Would also need to be the LaRue skinny single bolt style because the 2 bolt reptilia are way too fat. The single bolt aren't as strong as the 2 bolt but if they made it so it has only a tiny gap to the flat elevation adjustment area it could only deflect a bit and probably not cause any permanent damage. Not sure if there would be enough interest for someone to do a custom run.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

That's what keeps it from becoming a primary optic for me. I think a ring would need to be custom made as that part is too big for even my 34mm ring mount. Would also need to be the LaRue skinny single bolt style because the 2 bolt reptilia are way too fat. The single bolt aren't as strong as the 2 bolt but if they made it so it has only a tiny gap to the flat elevation adjustment area it could only deflect a bit and probably not cause any permanent damage. Not sure if there would be enough interest for someone to do a custom run.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/PA-SLX-3XMP-RAPTOR-5YP_02_jpg-2391275_jp-2432220.JPG

Or a real custom job that is fitted there and at the steps.

Maybe a gen 2 is in the future with a mounting option.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Or a real custom job that is fitted there and at the steps.

Maybe a gen 2 is in the future with a mounting option.
View Quote

You guys that have it in hand can comment- my burris RT-3 didn't have a ton of optic body to hypothetically put holes in and this design is perhaps even leaner? I'm thinking a ring mount might be the only way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:32:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenMushroom] [#6]

You guys that have it in hand can comment- my burris RT-3 didn't have a ton of optic body to hypothetically put holes in and this design is perhaps even leaner? I'm thinking a ring mount might be the only way.
View Quote

Yes ring mountain is the way. Facing forward as low as they can get it. Using the image above picture the plate sitting right on top if the flat part on top. Put one of the new Holosuns or a rmr on top and you have a very compact and lightweight setup for a relatively affordable cost.

Had an aadmount front cap from a g2 and with a couple thin strips of electrical tape in side it fits very snug. Stays on a lot better than the butler creek and folds very flat.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one a few months ago.  Live the size and mounting options.  

Recently got it out to try.   It is kinda blurry.  How is everyone else’s?  I have a 1x that is crystal clear and I was expecting the 3x to be more of the same.  

Not terribly blurry but just not clear like the 1x.  Noticeable by others I show it I also.

Normal? Worth talking to primary arms?  I’ve gotten lots of stuff from them over the years but never had any product issues.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

It's a rather compact optic. I don't think a ring mount exists that will fit.

That section in the photo is about 1.44 inches around, and about .22 inches wide at the narrowest spot underneath.

If a ring mount could be made, it could be notched out on the bottom to fit the housing.

Only other thing I can think of is a possible aftermarket mount. But that would be even more extra weight.

I am not an engineer, or machinist. Couldn't say what would work or even be reliable.

Originally Posted By Macumazahn:

Recently got it out to try.   It is kinda blurry.  How is everyone else's?  I have a 1x that is crystal clear and I was expecting the 3x to be more of the same.  

Not terribly blurry but just not clear like the 1x.  Noticeable by others I show it I also.

Normal? Worth talking to primary arms?  I've gotten lots of stuff from them over the years but never had any product issues.
View Quote
Might be the diopter setting. I do know my edges get a touch blurry the further back I get, but it's pretty darn clear

It seems to have a fairly fine adjustment. When I did mine, I started with a blank wall, then checked against the sky, then looked across the Hay field behind my house. Made minor adjustments until I was happy.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Recently got it out to try.   It is kinda blurry.  How is everyone else’s?  I have a 1x that is crystal clear and I was expecting the 3x to be more of the same.  

Normal? Worth talking to primary arms?  I’ve gotten lots of stuff from them over the years but never had any product issues.
View Quote

How much adjustment have you done? Mine is crystal clear but I had to adjust the diopter a little bit to get there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I would try adjusting the diopter first and if that doesnt get it clear them maybe ask for a replacement.  
my 3x is just as if not more clear than the 1x.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Pictures that I have seen of the reticle viewed through the scope make it appear small. Is this so in actual viewing? The only optics I have experience with are Eo Techs and Sig Romeo 5s. Has anyone used this optic on a carry handle with a see through mount?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jprichard:
Pictures that I have seen of the reticle viewed through the scope make it appear small. Is this so in actual viewing? The only optics I have experience with are Eo Techs and Sig Romeo 5s. Has anyone used this optic on a carry handle with a see through mount?
View Quote
It is hard to photograph. I cropped one of my pics to about what one would see. Reticle is easier to see in person.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the pic Liaztraht!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the pic Liaztraht!
View Quote
It's similar to a first focal plane lpvo stuck at 3x. That's typically where drops start becoming usable.

Hash marks are probably on par with ACOG bdcs size wise.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

The Gen 1 prism the BDC was entirely useless. That was the copy of the Burris reticle before the ACSS.

The Gen 2 reticle was better, but the drop was complicated and the ranging was mostly useless to my eyes.

The Microprism reticle is very viewable. For some reason I can see it a lot better with the illumination on despite the BDC not being illuminated. Likely a contrast thing. Otherwise I have no logical reason as to why the previous generations seemed smaller when technically they wouldn’t be.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:56:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#16]
I received the 3x microprism today already mounted. Really really impressed! Just a side note FYI the ARD that works for the 1X does not work for the 3X. Wish I had known that, I don't know if it was discussed earlier and in all the pages I missed it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got an email from pa saying the 3x's are now back in stock.  

I got one from akou like 2 months ago,  but good to see they are back in stock.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Zaitsev9130:
I just got an email from pa saying the 3x's are now back in stock.  

I got one from akou like 2 months ago,  but good to see they are back in stock.

View Quote
I was coming to post this as well. But I was stuck in a meeting at work
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#19]
They are in stock at Kenzie Optics as well. With a 10% discount code and free shipping, it was $289 TYD.  They ship fast as hell too. Just passing it along with this tough economy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered one. Want to see how it compares to acog.

Love the small size. Hopefully will have soon.

Think I'm putting it on 10.5 sbr that currently has an aimpoint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Was looking at these for a rifle that needs an optic.

For those with glasses (nearsighted) does the diopter adjust to use with them ?

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MDN:
Was looking at these for a rifle that needs an optic.

For those with glasses (nearsighted) does the diopter adjust to use with them ?

Thanks,
Matt
View Quote
Yes. I'm near sighted and can use mine with my glasses.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes. I'm near sighted and can use mine with my glasses.
View Quote

Awesome 👏
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TNRonin:
I received the 3x microprism today already mounted. Really really impressed! Just a side note FYI the ARD that works for the 1X does not work for the 3X. Wish I had known that, I don't know if it was discussed earlier and in all the pages I missed it.
View Quote

I have the ARD on my 3x currently and it works fine, is yours not threading in?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By usncorpsman1:
They are in stock at Kenzie Optics as well. With a 10% discount code and free shipping, it was $289 TYD.  They ship fast as hell too. Just passing it along with this tough economy.
View Quote

If you’re a .gov employee, it’s even cheaper than that through PA
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Is the 7.62x39/300BO version in Strelok? I looked for it earlier and could not find it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By glockperfection35:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glockperfection35:
Originally Posted By usncorpsman1:

Is nice.

Though the poors can do pay in 4 via kenzies iirc. I know.. fuck paypal
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Bought a 3x micro last night to mount on my 16” 308. Kind of excited to try it out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jamess396:

I have the ARD on my 3x currently and it works fine, is yours not threading in?
View Quote
They are two different sizes. 1x vs 3x
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, it wasn't a perfect test, but I threw my 3x on an airsoft gun and took it to a match with my brother for some live target CQB testing.

I didn't adjust zero, just utilized my adm mount, and the bbs were within the horseshoe for the most part.

Even without illumination, close quarters was a breeze in dark heavily wooded areas and buildings. Maybe 50 yards max visibility in a couple spots, dense cover/concealement everywhere else. Classic PNW style woods.

I just donut of deathed the opposing team. Amazing what 3x can do for PID and popping partially exposed targets.

Back on the real gun it goes
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:00:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#31]
I mounted mine on a PSA upper I bought years ago and never shot.

I also added the offset mount and the RS-10 RD. Neat set up.

I like the 3X Micro much better than the old PA 3X which was my favorite 3X prism scope.

I like it so much I ordered a second to mount on my DD 11.5 to replace the older PA 3X.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Doodles:
I mounted mine on a PSA upper I bought years ago and never shot.

I also added the offset mount and the RS-10 RD. Neat set up.

I like the 3X Micro much better than the old PA 3X which was my favorite 3X prism scope.

I like it so much I ordered a second to mount on my DD 11.5 to replace the older PA 3X.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_1988_JPG-2442076.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_1985_JPG-2442080.jpg
View Quote
Glad to see I'm not alone on mounting back more. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:09:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#33]
From original PA 3X (gen2)

To PA 3X Micro

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#34]

I had one of the original 3x prisms also.

It is amazing what a company can accomplish when it invests in innovation.

That’s a cool photo comparison.

PA has done a great job.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#35]
From original Gen 2 PA 3X

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_1992_JPG-2445269.jpg
View Quote

Original PA 3x prism was same as Burris 332 and original Vortex 3x spitfire.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ColtSeavers:

https://i.postimg.cc/LXk789rF/20220707-222200.jpg
View Quote

Original to me

Cool I've never seen that one.

First PA prism I got was the 4X then a couple 2.5s.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#37]
What qd mount are you using?

My adm won't work that close to my magpul pros.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:50:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#38]
What qd mount are you using?

My adm won't work that close to my magpul pros.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20220707_224354_jpg-2445280.JPG
View Quote

Trijicon Compact ACOG Quick Release Low Mount

The PA Micro factory screws worked perfectly. I used all 3 for the base.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks!

Good bit more than I paid for the ADM

Luckily the 3x is rather usable, even if you forget to adjust your stock in.

Got used to running mine mid way because of magnifiers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Original to me

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ColtSeavers:

https://i.postimg.cc/LXk789rF/20220707-222200.jpg

Original to me

Right on, haven't seen the 4x in awhile now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#41]
Really silly question since I didn't read through the whole thread. Is this permanently a 3x or is it adjustable? I've only had experience with a Aimpoint T1 and magnifier. I'm thinking of throwing this on a plinking AR that uses a 22LR bolt conversion.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
Really silly question since I didn't read through the whole thread. Is this permanently a 3x or is it adjustable? I've only had experience with a Aimpoint T1 and magnifier. I'm thinking of throwing this on a plinking AR that uses a 22LR bolt conversion.
View Quote

Yes, it's a 3X fixed power micro prism scope.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
View Quote
Fixed 3x.

If you can use a dot with magnifier up close, you will enjoy the micro.

It's like never flipping the mag to the side with a donut of death and bdc. I'm impressed with its close quarters abilities. Posted about that a few posts back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmt1271] [#44]
I think I'm going to order another one.

I got the first one for a 16 inch AR. but before mounting it I decided to try it on the keltec CP33 that I carry in the Ranger for a compact pest gun(fox issues).

I actually like it. A lot. Significantly better than the Romeo 5 I had on there. First, it's much higher which works with the Farrow Tech brace and secondly because the little bit of mag is nice. Going to zero it tomorrow and see what I think.

Attachment Attached File

Lol forgive the foot that snuck in there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:45:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

I need to take this to the range already
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/56oox0khdga91_jpg-2446403.JPG

I need to take this to the range already
View Quote
Do it, and report back
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Would it be possible to mount this optic on a traditional style rifle?  I have a Ruger American Ranch in x39 I would like to try it on, but it seems it would sit too high.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Lentulus_Batiatus:
Would it be possible to mount this optic on a traditional style rifle?  I have a Ruger American Ranch in x39 I would like to try it on, but it seems it would sit too high.
View Quote
Should get low enough, but exit focal length may be too forward. Does the LaRue USMC extension fit this prism?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Should get low enough, but exit focal length may be too forward. Does the LaRue USMC extension fit this prism?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Originally Posted By Lentulus_Batiatus:
Basically what I was going to post as well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I bought the 3x a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top