Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We started with a clean slate and said how small can you make a optic that will perform to these parameters.  I think we nailed it with the new Micro 1X and 3X (more info on 3X shortly).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply, Marsh. I have a few of your offerings, and they have worked out great including an early red dot that still works fine. I may drop the hammer on this new 1x. I really like the spitfire, but would prefer a smaller and lighter package.

We started with a clean slate and said how small can you make a optic that will perform to these parameters.  I think we nailed it with the new Micro 1X and 3X (more info on 3X shortly).

Y'all are really killin' it at PA. My wallet is moist.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply, Marsh. I have a few of your offerings, and they have worked out great including an early red dot that still works fine. I may drop the hammer on this new 1x. I really like the spitfire, but would prefer a smaller and lighter package.

I just purchased a 3x Prism Gen 3, Gen 4 is right around the corner?

Is gen 3 going to use full size Acog Mounts, or will it use Mini Acog?

Just wondering if I should keep my GDI Mount or not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
How shortly?

S or G line?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The photos are scaled so that the images are the proper sizes for 1.5x compared to 2x.  What you see is how they each appear to the viewer looking at the same object at the same distance.

Note that the field of view on the 2x is fricking huge compared to the ACOG
View Quote

BUT the TA45 has a massive eyebox due to ridiculously long eye relief. It’s just physics for those that don’t know. I’d rather have the massive eye box.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#6]
@Marsh1

Any 1x updates...or teaser photos? Action shots would be neat!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All remember these are SHOT show releases. We will release our catalogue next week. That means for some new for 2021 items like the 3X they can be late in the year. The large brick and mortar dealers need to plan their in store assortments far in advance.

The thread is about the 1X so I will stay focused on that and it will be the one of the first new for 2021 products  available.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How shortly?

S or G line?

All remember these are SHOT show releases. We will release our catalogue next week. That means for some new for 2021 items like the 3X they can be late in the year. The large brick and mortar dealers need to plan their in store assortments far in advance.

The thread is about the 1X so I will stay focused on that and it will be the one of the first new for 2021 products  available.

Can you give us a rough idea when it will be available to purchase?  Are we talking in the upcoming months or later on in the year?  Interested in this for sure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit...now I want one...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
MAKE ONE FOR 300 BLACKOUT!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Carry handle mount please.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
With a red dot the dot is at infinity,...
View Quote

I thought so, too, but asked for confirmation and was told it is not so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a red dot the dot is at infinity,...

Hmmm.  I'm not an optical scientist, but this doesn't match my experience.  I'm farsighted, but with a red dot I don't have any issue seeing the dot.   I just look at the target.   I do with a 1x prism scope, and need to set the ocular adjustment correctly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
MSRP?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
delete me
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I know you can't cowitness with 1x prism optics, but how is the sight picture with an fsb?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can cowitness with this 1X prism
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MSRP?
View Quote

Yes. How much is this going to hurt?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know you can't cowitness with 1x prism optics, but how is the sight picture with an fsb?

Excellent!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This was to be a SHOT show release but since it was canceled I have been showing it around a little. 11 brightness settings including NV

View Quote

Is this the SLx MD-25? I think it’s the one I am looking at placing a preorder for. I want three of them. Two for two AR builds and one for an x95.

Question. Will the sight co-witness with my x95 built in iron sights? I see that it has a few risers with it. That’s a big big plus.

How is the battery life? I saw a review that a guy did (no follow up just yet) and his battery died within five or six months. I’m guessing it was a bad battery. I want either an always on optic or one that shuts off and shakes awake.

I need to order three of these and stop doing Google searches and YouTube videos.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We do not di inflated MSRP. It will sell for $249.99
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there a link on the site for pre-order?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Can we get some specs, or are we supposed to wait for a magical day when the stars would have aligned in an alternate universe/timeline?

Just tell is about the product. We’re 4 pages in already.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#28]
This looks incredibly good and promising! Saw the huge spread in the latest RECOIL Magazine. Looking forward to getting my hands on one for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#29]
You are going to sell a metric shitpot of these once word gets out.  I'm ready for an arf exclusive pre-order.  count me in for two up front.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are going to sell a metric shitpot of these once word gets out.  I'm ready for an arf exclusive pre-order.  count me in for two up front.
View Quote

Yup gonna need a pre order link please
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Put me down for a couple.  They look glorious!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes! A view of the left side! I'm glad the illumination knob isn't a big honking chunk hanging off the side. It looks pretty slim, which is much appreciated!

And that is a VERY RESPECTABLE FOV number! Everything points to this being a home run! Can't remember the last time I've been this excited for an optic.

My only hope now is that it is truly daylight bright, in at least one of the reticle colors. I heard great things about the latest generation of green cyclops prisms. I would love to have retina-burning brightness featured in this little guy as well!

I can't wait to have this in hand! Will be joining the pre-order for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just purchased a 3x Prism Gen 3, Gen 4 is right around the corner?
View Quote

I dropped what I was doing when I got the email for the FDE 3x to place an order.
I guess on the bright side it'll have time to save up for the FDE Gen 4.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#35]
@marsh1

Besides weight,  size and larger reticle, any advantage over my yet to be used green cyclops?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My only hope now is that it is truly daylight bright, in at least one of the reticle colors. I heard great things about the latest generation of green cyclops prisms. I would love to have retina-burning brightness featured in this little guy as well!

View Quote

In the PA industry thread, Marsh posted a teaser image that says, and I quote, "Could this be the death of the red dot?" #deathoftheRedDot

With that bold statement, I'm thinking they have that covered lol ... I'm in for a Gemini reticle when they become available for pre order FOR CERTAIN! Probably a cyclops also!

He also posted this image in that thread, so it appears as though everyone should rest assured:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Cantilever spacers are an awesome idea.

Dying to pre order
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in for two when I hear from someone that has played with this combine with NODs
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@marsh1

Besides weight,  size and larger reticle, any advantage over my yet to be used green cyclops?
View Quote

FOV?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

FOV?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@marsh1

FOV?

Reticle size too. The cheveron is supposed to be a bit bigger iirc.

My issue with the original cyclops is my eyes would refocus and the cheveron would look like a dot

So weird I know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#41]
If it hasn't been asked already, what's the diopter adjustment range? Thx!

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Dumb Question:

So if this were going on a 7.62x39 AK, Would I be better off with the 9mm Reticle or the standard one? Would the BDC on the Geminii be usable with that caliber?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#44]
MSRP is on point.

Last question..   Does this come with any type of lens protection or will protection be available?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Will be interested in seeing a comparison between this and the Swampfox Blade
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Comes with Bikini covers
View Quote

Sold!! Where can I preorder?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes with Bikini covers

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I have two rifles with no optic. I want something like this. Had to sell my Eotech and Aimpoint. My brother in law just got his first rifle, so needing one for him. I have the PA MD one that had the NV issues. Never sent it back. Been fine because I had other optics. Now I don’t. So I am thinking a couple of these would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Still no German #1 bars... but you kept ranging stadia on a 1x optic?
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top