Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my g33 magnifier mount from

Milspecretail on eBay.    Usually instock and authorized dealer of Unity.  

View Quote

I got one of my FAST micro mount from them on eBay, as well. It was cheaper than what was posted on their website.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish they made these in the 1.6/1.7ish height.  I appreciate the concept of the ultra high mounts and I have tried them but I just don’t have all that much cheek I guess.  I never could get my head to naturally get behind it and I felt like I was having to tilt my head back to look through it kinda like trying to look under the bill of a hat that is pulled too far down on your head.  These mounts are works of art tho, real lookers
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wish they made these in the 1.6/1.7ish height.  I appreciate the concept of the ultra high mounts and I have tried them but I just don't have all that much cheek I guess.  I never could get my head to naturally get behind it and I felt like I was having to tilt my head back to look through it kinda like trying to look under the bill of a hat that is pulled too far down on your head.  These mounts are works of art tho, real lookers
View Quote
What would be the point in a lower 1/3 height? Literally none of the features of the design would be present. Lol. No iron sights through the mount, no nods compatibility, no heads up shooting, etc. You could buy any other lower third mount if that's what you're looking for.

Also it sounds like your shooting stance is tucking your head down into tactical turtle stance, leaning forward aggressively, hunched down. There's why you feel like you're having to tilt your head back. Try standing at the low ready and bringing the gun up to your shoulder without moving anything but your arms. No hunching, no squatting, no pushing your arms forward. Just bring the gun up while keeping the rest of your body upright. Bring the gun to your eyes/cheek/shoulder, don't move those to the gun. Its faster, more comfortable, less stressful.

But you'll find a lower third mount is hard to get behind without tactical turtle-ing
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What would be the point in a lower 1/3 height? Literally none of the features of the design would be present. Lol. No iron sights through the mount, no nods compatibility, no heads up shooting, etc. You could buy any other lower third mount if that's what you're looking for.

Also it sounds like your shooting stance is tucking your head down into tactical turtle stance, leaning forward aggressively, hunched down. There's why you feel like you're having to tilt your head back. Try standing at the low ready and bringing the gun up to your shoulder without moving anything but your arms. No hunching, no squatting, no pushing your arms forward. Just bring the gun up while keeping the rest of your body upright. Bring the gun to your eyes/cheek/shoulder, don't move those to the gun. Its faster, more comfortable, less stressful.

But you'll find a lower third mount is hard to get behind without tactical turtle-ing
View Quote

Well fuck me then haha.  Well in this case I’m not running nods thru the optic and I’ve done it a certain way for 15years so whatever.   Don’t really care about irons through the mount.  Just like how they look honestly.  How do you shoot these things from prone... I found that just dumb even at the 1.93 height?  I kinda have seen this height as great for NV but kinda goofy if your not .  I’m sure it can be justified but it is kinda like why everyone thought that piggybacked RMRs were dumb so that’s why so many people went to the offsets.  I guess everything really is just a matter of training
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
For those that don't shoot specific builds prone, these are the best. Again, a nice heads up natural position. And for old farts like me with chronic neck nerve pain, they're a godsend. YMMV...

I'll agree though, trying to use 1.93" / 2.26" / 2.33" prone would be a joke. But again, that's not what they're intended for...

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I run a Tr24 in a 1.93 mount and it's far superior to the lower 1/3.

Since I have been working with the Tr24 alot, I have become accustomed to the higher mount. When I went to shoot with the t1 I was like wow this shit sucks.

I got the unity fast in my hand and I'm going to mount it up this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I run a Tr24 in a 1.93 mount and it's far superior to the lower 1/3.

Since I have been working with the Tr24 alot, I have become accustomed to the higher mount. When I went to shoot with the t1 I was like wow this shit sucks.

I got the unity fast in my hand and I'm going to mount it up this weekend.
View Quote

Pics when mounted please
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pics when mounted please
View Quote

@DefenderAO
10x better than before. With nods is 100x better. Dot just floats there.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks great.  The flip to center mount system is really nice as well.  Your rifle is looking primed for that configuration
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks great.  The flip to center mount system is really nice as well.  Your rifle is looking primed for that configuration
View Quote

I've thought about it. They are almost impossible to find right now and this rifle is pretty much a 100yd and in gun. I've already got to much shit going on....
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've thought about it. They are almost impossible to find right now and this rifle is pretty much a 100yd and in gun. I've already got to much shit going on....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In stock now.

Already reduced price and another 16% off...

Kidding....

Maybe.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In stock now.

Kidding....

Maybe.
View Quote

Well shit.....

Now I just need to find a magnifier on sale.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well shit.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In stock now.

Kidding....

Maybe.

Well shit.....

Same site, Aimpoint 3X-C and additional 17% off...

18% off tomorrow

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
The G33 and FTC mount work well behind a micro dot on the FAST riser.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

18% off tomorrow

View Quote

Dude.... Stop!

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

18% off tomorrow

View Quote

19% off tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:29:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the t2 mount, 3x mount coming. Can anyone verify if you remove the front sight post from the unity mount are you able to use your standard front sight with the rear site on the mount, or useless?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have the t2 mount, 3x mount coming. Can anyone verify if you remove the front sight post from the unity mount are you able to use your standard front sight with the rear site on the mount, or useless?
View Quote
Works for me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Micro FAST mount doesn't come with the front sight installed.

Also, it's a bitch to thread in.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Micro FAST mount doesn't come with the front sight installed.

Also, it's a bitch to thread in.
View Quote
Thanks for the info fellas.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll agree with Daggertt, it works. I just installed Scalarworks PEAK irons on my 8" build. The Unity ghost ring rear aperture works perfect with the front PEAK. Now I need to go get them dialed in...

ETA: The front post on the Unity is a bit "fiddly" but install isn't that bad. I've done them a few times, no big deal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#22]
If anyone cares and or doesn’t know...the Railscales LEAF front iron sight works great with a DBAL and Unity FAST mount...but you have to remove the magnifier/FTC mount (if you are using them) to line up the sights.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#23]
You bastards convinced me. Got the 3x mag/unity mount from SKD for 20% off. I have to find a Unity Micro Mount now
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If anyone cares and or doesn’t know...the Railscales LEAF front iron sight works great with a DBAL and Unity FAST mount...but you have to remove the magnifier/FTC mount (if you are using them) to line up the sights.

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4098585427-4.jpg

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4098585432-4.jpg
View Quote

The FTC design is obvious that it will block the view of the irons.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, pardon me. My bad.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone cares and or doesn't know...the Railscales LEAF front iron sight works great with a DBAL and Unity FAST mount...but you have to remove the magnifier/FTC mount (if you are using them) to line up the sights.

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4098585427-4.jpg

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4098585432-4.jpg

The ftc mount doesn't block the irons in the "up" position. The rubber coat on the magnifier might.

I removed the rubber cover on the aimpoint 3x-c and you can use the irons under the magnifier in the up position.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You bastards convinced me. Got the 3x mag/unity mount from SKD for 20% off. I have to find a Unity Micro Mount now
View Quote

HaHa! Drink'n the Cool-Aid bro!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The ftc mount doesn't block the irons in the "up" position. The rubber coat on the magnifier might.

I removed the rubber cover on the aimpoint 3x-c and you can use the irons under the magnifier in the up position.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20210101_111649_jpg-1758728.JPG
View Quote

Nice. I haven't bothered trying in the up position. I have a EOTech magnifier. I'll take a look later, when I get home.

Edit: Working on other projects and forgot about this. Randomly just remembered now.

If you're running the EOTech magnifier, the adjustment dial blocks the view of BUIS on the FAST mount.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it possible to fit an EOtech EXPS3 and a G33 on the riser, if you push the EXPS3's locking lug to the last 1-2 slots?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

19% off tomorrow!
View Quote
Just remember you don't get a perfect circle dot when using a T1 with a magnifier. It produces a slash it is usable but far less optimal than a T2 though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Unity did an Instagram live cast last night.  New parts coming.  They’re about to stock up their venders with products.   They said they rarely stock up their web store most of it goes to their venders.   Vendors listed on their website.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great stuff. But I have to admit I think they are going to be a one trick pony. They came out all gungho but have been backordered and out of stock forever.
People have moved on. Scalarworks runs out of product but restocks every month, not every other year....
View Quote

Didn't read past this one. I had the LPVO setup with offsets. I have the riser. Was gonna try G33 mount but OOS, imagine that.  Just another company with cool looking shit, push the marketing everywhere and rarely have shit available. 2.26" was too high for me, especially with magnified optics, but maybe it's good for NV. It is nice stuff but look at their IG page, every post is dozens of people asking about stock. For the most part I gave up on them.

" />
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wasn't even looking for them, and I was able to find and order two Micro Fast Mounts.  I had to look for a while on the hot buttons, but within about 2 months, I was able to find and order 5.

View Quote

Micro mounts, Aimpoint mag mounts, and 30mm LPVO are the items usually available. The rest, not so much
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got mine today. Absolutely in love

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked these up on the EE.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

I like the AA battery Eotechs
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is it possible to fit an EOtech EXPS3 and a G33 on the riser, if you push the EXPS3's locking lug to the last 1-2 slots?
View Quote

EXPS and G33 (on original FTS mount) on a Unity Fast riser? Yes, the locking lugs on EXPS and G33 mount will be on the first and last slots.

Edit: Probably smarter to get a longer riser like the Larue Tactical LT101.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Did anyone else’s front sight post screw in all wonky? I screwed it in a ways and noticed it was angled. Threaded it in some more and it straightened out.

Hoping that my zero won’t be at the height where it gets wonky. Front sight post trying to be like Paul Wall sittin’ sidewayz.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

So trying to see the unity front sight post is blurry and would be better than nothing but definitely not ideal.  I think my point and shoot technique would be better.   Anybody else with this set up have any issues seeing the unity front sight post clearly ?  The rubber cover on the magnifier does block a good portion of it too.  Maybe I will remove the rubber cover.  

I had another person look through the buis as well. They said it was quite blurry to them too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Did anyone else’s front sight post screw in all wonky? I screwed it in a ways and noticed it was angled. Threaded it in some more and it straightened out.
View Quote

Both of mine were straight & true all the way in. Not seeing what you are.. But, I've removed both front posts.. now have these set up with Scalarworks PEAK front & rear irons on 2 rigs.

I know it's blasphemy, but I'd truthfully like to remove the Unity rear ghost ring as well. I know I could just buy the Midwest Industries units, but I've got what I've got. Don't want to ruin them, just get'm out.

May work on this today.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#42]
My sight post are all straight as well.  Maybe it got cross threaded.    Or could be defective too.   Send unity a message and see what they say.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/50CD714B-D428-4218-8FB5-200ECF790C5E_jpe-1776206.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/9477E9AA-0C3D-45DB-94E1-0C2582AFB0F9_jpe-1776208.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/D8378B3B-A535-44BF-8266-5D561213753C_jpe-1776209.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/9CFFC5CB-F4B3-4CDE-AD54-A6CDF87B1B50_jpe-1776211.JPG

So trying to see the unity front sight post is blurry and would be better than nothing but definitely not ideal.  I think my point and shoot technique would be better.   Anybody else with this set up have any issues seeing the unity front sight post clearly ?  The rubber cover on the magnifier does block a good portion of it too.  Maybe I will remove the rubber cover.  

I had another person look through the buis as well. They said it was quite blurry to them too.
View Quote
I think your supposed to pop off the magnifier mount to use the BUIS. Which is why it's quick release. You certainly can't see through it clearly with magnifier on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think your supposed to pop off the magnifier mount to use the BUIS. Which is why it's quick release. You certainly can't see through it clearly with magnifier on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/50CD714B-D428-4218-8FB5-200ECF790C5E_jpe-1776206.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/9477E9AA-0C3D-45DB-94E1-0C2582AFB0F9_jpe-1776208.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/D8378B3B-A535-44BF-8266-5D561213753C_jpe-1776209.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/9CFFC5CB-F4B3-4CDE-AD54-A6CDF87B1B50_jpe-1776211.JPG

Like I demonstrated earlier in the thread with a photo... The buis can be viewed underneath aimpoint-style magnifiers if you remove the rubber body cover.

Obviously you can just pop it off as well, but I like the idea of having the buis instantly available if I ever did need them. So I took off the rubber housing from my magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Beowulf X was ahead of his time
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Like I demonstrated earlier in the thread with a photo... The buis can be viewed underneath aimpoint-style magnifiers if you remove the rubber body cover.

Obviously you can just pop it off as well, but I like the idea of having the buis instantly available if I ever did need them. So I took off the rubber housing from my magnifier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will remove the cover. I like the idea of being able to use it without removing the magnifier.  Thanks for the info.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I will remove the cover. I like the idea of being able to use it without removing the magnifier.  Thanks for the info.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am much more likely to drop my rifle, So I better leave mine on...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Just got an in stock notification from Primary Arms for the black mounts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Unity just sent out more product to their vendors today per their IG announcement.  I picked up another fde mount.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top