User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am talking about the segmented reticle, the JM-1 reticle is just a dot, with hash marks under it.

The Sig Tango6T looks like it hits all the boxes, and the Sage Dynamics seems to be very pleased with it. Might have to consider that now....
View Quote

None of the trijicon segmented circles are daylight bright, I was talking about the HX Hunter Hold Reticle which is very similar to the JM-1.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I got an email from Trijicon about the reticle and BDC: The Credo HX .223 Hunter Holds Reticle was designed around an 18" barrel and 55 grain projectiles.  The intent is to zero the main crosshair at 50 yards which can be used out to about 200 yards, the first hash mark under the crosshair would be the 300 yard aiming point.  However you will need to verify with your particular rifle, load, and environmental conditions.
View Quote

Interesting feedback from Trijicon.  The HX BDC aligns relatively well with my 12.5" and 14.5" ARs (200 yard zero using M193), but the BDC curve is a little steep for typical MV on 16" and 18" barrels unless you interpret the BDC holds as meters rather than yards.  I wonder what loads Trijicon was using for the BDC?

Aside from a slightly smaller FOV than the Razor, the HX is lighter and significantly less expensive and if the reticle is truly daylight bright and the glass is on par with recent Trijicon scopes, I might have to pick one up for one of my shorter ARs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Interesting feedback from Trijicon.  The HX BDC aligns relatively well with my 12.5" and 14.5" ARs (200 yard zero using M193), but the BDC curve is a little steep for typical MV on 16" and 18" barrels unless you interpret the BDC holds as meters rather than yards.  I wonder what loads Trijicon was using for the BDC?

Aside from a slightly smaller FOV than the Razor, the HX is lighter and significantly less expensive and if the reticle is truly daylight bright and the glass is on par with recent Trijicon scopes, I might have to pick one up for one of my shorter ARs.
View Quote

I was looking at the 1 to 6 HX on OpticsPlanet and EuroOptic and found they both had an image with different specs for the HX reticle which match much better with a 100 yard zero and typical MV out of a 16 to 18" barrel.  Both images clearly originated from Trijicon.  @CORDrew pics appear to match the reticle in Trijicon's current documentation, which works for me, but the reticle pics I found on the major retailers are more in line with what I would expect from a "Hunter hold".  I guess I should email Trijicon for clarification...

ETA: Never mind, I see the retailers are showing the .308 BDC reticle mislabelled as the .223 reticle.  It matches relatively well with 5.56 MV out of 16/18", so another viable option...

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Any deals on these for fathers day?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the creedo 1-8 and it’s fuggin awesome. Daylight bright is no deal breaker since I’m not doing 3 gun. The ability to dial down is already a huge plus, not gonna nit pick. If this was on a pdw or a carbine (which it wouldn’t be) then I would be more concerned with close target transitions. And go with an aim point. If your putting this on a 16”+, something more geared toward intermediate or longer ranges, this scope is awesome!!

I have it on an 18” rifle, I love the fact it’s only 10ish inches. I don’t mind the weight because the features are king and it’s real robust. From everything I’ve read and seen about the accupower, the reticle in the creedo is a tad more precise in the center.

The only thing I wish is that a few mils around the center dot were illuminated in all four directions, but that’s truly it. Sure daylight bright would be cool but certainly not a deal breaker for it’s intended purpose.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]

I bought two Credo HX’s after finding this thread.  So far they have been great. Glass is very clear and the dot is daylight bright. Don’t think word has gotten out on these yet but I’m gonna keep running them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/2IwCAuG.jpg

I bought two Credo HX’s after finding this thread.  So far they have been great. Glass is very clear and the dot is daylight bright. Don’t think word has gotten out on these yet but I’m gonna keep running them.
View Quote

That’s a nice looking rifle. Good to hear the HX is working well for you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/2IwCAuG.jpg

View Quote

Nice to hear! I've been sitting on 3 for a while. Red LED dot HX w/ 308 holds, Green LED dot HX with .223 holds and Red MIL FFP. I can't keep all 3 so I may only keep 1-2. I love the FFP MIL, reminds of a light weight 1-8 Accupower I used to own. The HX LED dot red/green are all red dot nuclear bright. The FFP MIL is daylight visible (bright to my eyes in Texas sunlight). I'm just having a hard time designating one or the others for a few builds I've just completed. FFP vs SFP arrrggh lol

Interestingly the FFP is almost an oz lighter than the SFPs
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered the .308 reticle as it matches M193 way closer than the .223 reticle (showing a 100 yard zero).  Hoping it is as bright as most are claiming, will post a brightness comparison to an RMR on max.

ETA: A 50/200 zero works as well, not quite as tight, but will probably end up using that zero anyway.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just ordered the .308 reticle as it matches M193 way closer than the .223 reticle (showing a 100 yard zero).  Hoping it is as bright as most are claiming, will post a brightness comparison to an RMR on max.

ETA: A 50/200 zero works as well, not quite as tight, but will probably end up using that zero anyway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505826/credo-hx_jpg-1995984.JPG
View Quote

Very nice, I didn't see the .308 holds reticle in there a few weeks ago! (or i'm just going blind)
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone pm’d asking about the sheen on the HX.. honestly it’s about as sheeny as the PST Gen II

For credo comparison, the FFP in the middle of the HXs:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
And lastly geometry/construction comparison SFP/FFP/SFP
Recalibrated my scale and the weight difference is exactly 1/2 oz lighter FFP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And lastly geometry/construction comparison SFP/FFP/SFP
Recalibrated my scale and the weight difference is exactly 1/2 oz lighter FFP

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98540/C63D8CE7-AAE5-459E-94CC-00912939A483_jpe-1996843.JPG
View Quote

In regards to your FFP MIL red credo, how is it in terms of brightness compared to the 1-8 accupower in red? I like the 1-8 accupower a lot and for me it’s bright enough. With a circle dot reticle I’m fine without the crazy bloom. If the 1-6 ffp is same brightness as the 1-8 I might buy the 1-6.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In regards to your FFP MIL red credo, how is it in terms of brightness compared to the 1-8 accupower in red? I like the 1-8 accupower a lot and for me it’s bright enough. With a circle dot reticle I’m fine without the crazy bloom. If the 1-6 ffp is same brightness as the 1-8 I might buy the 1-6.
View Quote

It looks just as bright to me. I sold my 1-8 last year so I can’t do a side by side unfortunately.

The 1-8 eye box is nice through the mag range. That 28mm obj
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Got my red led .308 reticle Credo today.  Here are some questions I had about the hunting Credo variant going in which I can now answer:

1. Is it daylight bright, not just daylight visible?  Yes, Credo on max (setting 10) is equivalent to roughly one setting below max on an RMR.

2. Will a high lumen light drown out the illumination?  No, the illumination provides plenty of contrast down to about setting 7 or 8 against a white wall with 1000 lumens.

3. Will any settings be usable under NV without triggering autogating?  Yes, setting 1 and 2 are dedicated NV settings.

4. Is the satin finish really bright / glossy?  No, if this scope wasn't listed as having a satin finish I would not have taken much note of the finish.

The build and glass quality is great as expected from Trijicon's Japan constructed scopes.  Eye box and eye relief is adequate and on par with what one would expect given the objective size.  The illumination controls are tactile/audible and have enough resistance you won't accidentally change settings.  The turrets are tactile/audible with a quick zero adjust mechanism and certainly more than good enough for an LPVO .  This Credo version weighs in at 18.7 ounces.  At $800, this scope is definitely worth considering.  It has far better build quality and more magnification than the Steiner P4xi and is lighter than the Vortex PST II with a wider range of brightness settings (I have owned both the P4xi and PST).

I would not have guessed I would have bought a .308 reticle in Trijicon's hunting line of scopes for an AR running M193.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would not have guessed I would have bought a .308 reticle in Trijicon's hunting line of scopes for an AR running M193.
View Quote

Which SKU/model number did you get?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is the .223 reticle for my 12.5" with a 50/200 zero (M193).  Looks like the .223 is good for 10.5 to 12.5" while the .308 is better for 14.5" to 16".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Which SKU/model number did you get?
View Quote

The .308 red led version is 2900019.  I just ordered the .223 version for my 12.5" (2900020) and I am probably going to post the .308 to EE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#19]
@dotcombust can you post some photos of the different reticles illuminated? Looking for a comparison between them, aimed at the same spot so we can get a good comparison between the brightness?
I really want to pick one up and just trying to figure out which reticle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@dotcombust can you post some photos of the different reticles illuminated? Looking for a comparison between them, aimed at the same spot so we can get a good comparison between the brightness?
View Quote

In this thread Page 1 the FFP, page 3 the SFP green LED dot and page 4 the SFP red LED dot if you want to see them right now. All are very accurate and similar to what I'll end up posting. They pop fairly well in cell phone pics but I can tell you they pop like red and green dots (As all others here who own them have attested to).

I'll try to get some more reticle pics soon.. We have rain in the forecast the new few days here in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my experience with optics, the RMR, Eotech and Aimpoint optics are pretty much top of the line in terms of how bright they get on max (way too bright in most conditions).  Some LED illuminated scopes like P4xi can get relatively close to that level, and I would put the red LED Credo HX in that category, where the brightness is roughly one setting below max on an RMR or Aimpoint T2.  I haven't seen better in a scope.

I put my .308 Credo on EE (got a .223 Credo for my 12.5" on the way).  If someone hasn't bought it by tomorrow I will post some brightness comparisons of the RMR, Aimpoint T2, Credo and a Leupold patrol (also red LED)  over the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In my experience with optics, the RMR, Eotech and Aimpoint optics are pretty much top of the line in terms of how bright they get on max (way too bright in most conditions).  Some LED illuminated scopes like P4xi can get relatively close to that level, and I would put the red LED Credo HX in that category, where the brightness is roughly one setting below max on an RMR or Aimpoint T2.  I haven't seen better in a scope.

I put my .308 Credo on EE (got a .223 Credo for my 12.5" on the way).  If someone hasn't bought it by tomorrow I will post some brightness comparisons of the RMR, Aimpoint T2, Credo and a Leupold patrol (also red LED)  over the weekend.
View Quote

I see it sold pretty quickly - I'll try to get some pics up this week before mine sells.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I see it sold pretty quickly - I'll try to get some pics up this week before mine sells.
View Quote

I haven't found a better 1-6 LPVO under $1400 than the Credo HX.  It should be really popular given street prices are much lower than that, but I think Trijicon's new scope categories (Huron, Ascent, Credo, Tenmile plus HX variants) and marketing is somewhat confused which may limit their popularity.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I actually bought the trijicon credo 1-6 sfp segmented circle 223 red , trijicon credo hx 1-6 sfp  with bdc red, and a vortex viper pst 1-6 red to compare. The trijicon sfp 1-6 circle wad daylight visible but not daylight bright. The credo hx and vortex viper  were both daylight bright and close but the credo hx was a little brighter. Ive got pics I will try and upload later to show.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Right now Primary Arms has the Trijicon Credo Hx 1-6 sfp bdc red on sale for under $600. For under $600 in my opinion its the best deal on a lpvo out there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Right now Primary Arms has the Trijicon Credo Hx 1-6 sfp bdc red on sale for under $600. For under $600 in my opinion its the best deal on a lpvo out there.
View Quote

Reds gone....
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I actually bought the trijicon credo 1-6 sfp segmented circle 223 red , trijicon credo hx 1-6 sfp  with bdc red, and a vortex viper pst 1-6 red to compare. The trijicon sfp 1-6 circle wad daylight visible but not daylight bright. The credo hx and vortex viper  were both daylight bright and close but the credo hx was a little brighter. Ive got pics I will try and upload later to show.
View Quote

Can you post pictures of all 3 for comparison?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Can you post pictures of all 3 for comparison?
View Quote

I don't have a Viper anymore to compare to, but I do have the following to compare and can post pics sometime next week:

Credo FFP MIL - Red
Credo HX - LED Red and Green scopes
Leupold VX-R Patrol - Red
Steiner P4XI - Red

Order of Brightness:

1. Credo HX - Red
2. Leupold - Red
3. Credo HX - Green
4. Steiner - Red (not as bright as I thought it would be on max, or as many claim it to be)
5. Credo FFP - Red

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

1. Credo HX - Red
2. Leupold - Red
3. Credo HX - Green
4. Steiner - Red (not as bright as I thought it would be on max, or as many claim it to be)
5. Credo FFP - Red

View Quote
Between myself and friends we own about 7 or 8 P4xi units purchased over the last 3 years.  One thing I found is that not all units have the same brightness on setting 11 (max).  Some of the P4xi units have a very bright setting 11, but other P4xi units setting 11 only gets about as bright as setting 10 on the very bright units.  This is not related to batteries, I tried swapping batteries between units, with the same outcome.  My understanding is that the P4xi is made at the Burris/Steiner plant in Colorado and in my experience their QC is not on par with that of Trijicon's Japan made scopes.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't have a Viper anymore to compare to, but I do have the following to compare and can post pics sometime next week:

Credo FFP MIL - Red
Credo HX - LED Red and Green scopes
Leupold VX-R Patrol - Red
Steiner P4XI - Red

Order of Brightness:

1. Credo HX - Red
2. Leupold - Red
3. Credo HX - Green
5. Credo FFP - Red

View Quote

Yeah whatever you have that would be great.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Here are a couple of pics comparing the credo Hx sfp 1-6 vs the viper mrad 1-6. The credo hx is at least one brightness setting brighter to my eyes. The clarity is very similar to me between both scopes. Although I do seem to get more scope shadow from the credo Hx than the Viper.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
1st pic viper.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#33]
On a side note I live in hot and humid SW FL. I took both scopes outside to view them from inside the house on two separate occasions. Both times the viper only took about 10 mins for the condensation to clear. The credo Hx took over 15 mins. It seems the vortex viper has some type of superior lens coating for this. Both pics were taken at the 15 min mark.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll say listen to the reviews on here, I was going to buy the red SFP when Primary had that sale but the red was sold out. So, being a big FFP fan I ordered the segmented circle reticle thinking I could make it work. I should have listened....
The reticle to me is unusable and poorly illuminated, on 1x the segmented circle is the only reference point you can really use, the small cross hair in the middle is to small and dim to be used what so ever. At about 1.5-2x is where the reticle can be used, the illumination is somewhat daylight visible. I am going to send it back.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#35]
guys, before you made purchase, please put warranty into consideration. The reason i brought this up is my MRO starting to flickering and i called Trigicon warranty department, for all electronic, warranty is 5 years, and my MRO is 2 months over the warranty period. so for any repairs needs to be done, i will have to pay. For if credo illumination went down after 10 years, you may need to pay...Now, i believe company such as Vortex and Leupold they have no question ask lifetime warranty. i'm not here to say Triigicon is bad or anything, but it's something needs to consider.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
guys, before you made purchase, please put warranty into consideration. The reason i brought this up is my MRO starting to flickering and i called Trigicon warranty department, for all electronic, warranty is 5 years, and my MRO is 2 months over the warranty period. so for any repairs needs to be done, i will have to pay. For if credo illumination went down after 10 years, you may need to pay...Now, i believe company such as Vortex and Leupold they have no question ask lifetime warranty. i'm not here to say Triigicon is bad or anything, but it's something needs to consider.
View Quote

With the exception of Vortex, every optics manufacturer whose product I have owned including Aimpoint, Trijicon, Steiner, Leupold, Nightforce, and Eotech, all have warranty policies with limited coverage of electronic components, typically between 2 to 5 years.  While Vortex does have a better warranty policy, my Vortex products have required warranty service more frequently than most of other brands I own, while my Aimpoint and Trijicon products have required almost no warranty work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I returned the credo sfp 1-6 red with segmented circle as well . It was just too busy for my liking. I think the Credo Hx 1-6 sfp red is an awesome deal for everything you get. It will be going on my bcm 14.5.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I have to say that in none of the pics in this thread do I see daylight bright illumination of the reticles.  
That matters to me, because, in my usage of this type of optic, fast acquisition of a target, with the optic on its lowest magnification, is absolutely necessary.
That usage isn't the sole reason for using an LPVO, but, without it, I can get the same usage, or better, out of any number of high-end, high magnification scopes already on the market. Or purchase an LPVO already on the market that does a satisfactory, but not perfect job, both at distance and at close range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I find the Credo to be the best cheap LPVO, the Razor to be the best value even though it's ugly af with a horrible throw lever. NX8 is solid if you wanna save size/ weight but will pay for it with the shitty box. IMHO, ATACR 1-8 is simply the best, no question.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have to say that in none of the pics in this thread do I see daylight bright illumination of the reticles.  
That matters to me, because, in my usage of this type of optic, fast acquisition of a target, with the optic on its lowest magnification, is absolutely necessary.
That usage isn't the sole reason for using an LPVO, but, without it, I can get the same usage, or better, out of any number of high-end, high magnification scopes already on the market. Or purchase an LPVO already on the market that does a satisfactory, but not perfect job, both at distance and at close range.
View Quote

some have noted that the pictures don't do the reticle justice.  seems like the consensus among actual owners is that the reticles are daylight bright.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

some have noted that the pictures don't do the reticle justice.  seems like the consensus among actual owners is that the reticles are daylight bright.
View Quote

Pic 1 is against a white wall showing the red led dot on max, pic 2 is against a white cloud showing that the red led dot is still visible outdoors around midday (due to excessive brightness the camera looses a lot of contrast can't capture the red against white in pic 2, but you can still see the dot is absolutely visible).

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pic 1 is against a white wall showing the red led dot on max, pic 2 is against a white cloud showing that the red led dot is still visible outdoors around midday (due to excessive brightness the camera looses a lot of contrast can't capture the red against white in pic 2, but you can still see the dot is absolutely visible).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505826/credo-hx-4_jpg-2012493.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505826/credo-hx-6_jpg-2012503.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505826/credo-hx-4_jpg-2012493.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505826/credo-hx-6_jpg-2012503.JPG

yes sir, thanks for confirming my comment and thanks for the pic!  I'm trying to get one of these now.  Crossing my fingers @dotcombust sells me one!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
On a side note I live in hot and humid SW FL. I took both scopes outside to view them from inside the house on two separate occasions. Both times the viper only took about 10 mins for the condensation to clear. The credo Hx took over 15 mins. It seems the vortex viper has some type of superior lens coating for this. Both pics were taken at the 15 min mark. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548036/20210711_074330-2011302.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548036/20210711_074353-2011304.jpg
View Quote

any chance the humidity was different those two days even if they felt similar?  Or maybe this was same day?

I'm not trying to be a troll, just asking.  I've hunted in hot and humid environments so I get it.  I've been punished by lesser scopes fogging b/c humidity went up rapidly as dusk fell.  Never again!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#44]
It was two separate days . And the temperature/humidity was similar as it is usually is this time of year in SW FL. But once both scopes are acclimated to the outside temperature I don't think it would be a factor for either one. Just a unintentional observation that the trijicon credo Hx took longer to adapt than the vortex viper did . But all in all I think if you can get the credo Hx for under $600 it is a superior scope for the price.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I can assure you now that I own the credo Hx it is daylight bright to my eyes.  I also own a few aimpoint t2's so I do understand what daylight bright means for what's it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will say that comparing an LED lit fiber optic dot with LED red dot reflected-off-glass reticles offer almost no apples to apples comparison in pictures .

For some reason, the LED dots in these Credos do not pop in these pictures the way red dot reflected reticles do in pictures. So unless you're doing side by side, you just can't see it in the pics. But as we have compared here, at least as we have tried to compare, in some instances, these LEDs fiber reticles are about 80-90% bright at max or near max settings as some red dots.

Also, a positive, these fiber LED dot reticles do not wash out in sunlight vs like something some red dots and or some etched reticles might do. It's a matter of design elements and construction. There's nothing to wash out because its not etched into the glass nor is it reflected off a lens. Difficult for some to understand, as it was for me until I got my hands on these.

Yes, the FFP doesn't get nuclear bright. Thats how this whole thread started on page 1. It's an etched reticle that wasn't designed to get nuclear bright. Its supposed to be daylight visible however (it is to me) but that debate has been going on way too long.

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#47]
At the start of taking pics, my cheap tripod of 15 years just broke on me.. I need to order a spare part or just buy a quality tripod (sounds awfully familiar lol)

**Edit - there is something going on with uploading pics from my phone or my macbook - the image keeps uploading highly compressed, either because of its size (which is only 1.2 mb) or something I dont know.. but its coming out really dim and blurry compared to the pic on my phone. I may need to upload it to a 3rd party hosting site to really get the image displayed the way I want it to.

**check back shortly, I'm adding pics as I type this!

**ok thats better, i found an uncompressed image hosting site (for now at least)

**lastly, i'd say the glass is all about the same in my untrained eye. Japanese, German and USA (leupold). If it doesn't look like it in my pics, its just the autofocus of the iphone playing tricks.

Credo HX Green LED Dot (I think i had it on setting 9 to compare to the Red 7 at the time? The Green gets really bright)

And this was on setting max 10 indoors, just playing with my iPhone to see at what level it would bloom in a picture:
The top stadia/cross is not actually that thick, that is the weather stripping pad on the door to my garage.

I’ll update ASAP
Leupold VX-R patrol SPR uploaded pic from my phone, max brightness

And even with a little cloud cover and brand new battery, my sample size of 2 P4XI just doesn't get as bright (in my opinion) at Max brightness as the Credos and Leupold:
I have an OPMOD in Tan that I haven't opened yet.. don't really want to open the seal on it if its going to look exactly the same.
Also also, getting behind one of these to take a pic is not easy - the eye box is smaller and the eye relief shorter than the Credo. Had to take about 10 pics to get behind it just right

So the sun comes back out full blast, the Credo Red LED on 10 has no problem getting brighter than the Steiner pic which was in partial clouds
Tried to get a clearer pic from my iphone but I just cant get it to focus sometimes
Also had to add another pic, the first one wouldn't focus and was bothering me

And lastly, the Credo FFP in Red MIL - that red is daylight visible to me, *had to retake these, the first set wouldnt focus
1x, 3x and 6x (my mount broke, I am balancing the optic without my clamp, so these are the weird angles of the scopes for now)

cheap tripod mount
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
At the start of taking pics, my cheap tripod of 15 years just broke on me.. I need to order a spare part or just buy a quality tripod (sounds awfully familiar lol)

**Edit - there is something going on with uploading pics from my phone or my macbook - the image keeps uploading highly compressed, either because of its size (which is only 1.2 mb) or something I dont know.. but its coming out really dim and blurry compared to the pic on my phone. I may need to upload it to a 3rd party hosting site to really get the image displayed the way I want it to.
**ok thats better, i found an uncompressed image hosting site (for now at least)

Credo HX Green LED Dot (I think i had it on setting 9 to compare to the Red 7 at the time? The Green gets really bright)
https://i2.lensdump.com/i/Z4mPLC.jpg

And this was on setting 11 indoors, just playing with my iPhone to see at what level it would bloom in a picture:
The top stadia/cross is not actually that thick, that is the weather stripping pad on the door to my garage.
https://i3.lensdump.com/i/Z4mfG5.jpg

I’ll update ASAP
Leupold VX-R patrol SPR uploaded pic from my phone, max brightness
https://i.lensdump.com/i/Z4mDi2.jpg

And even with a little cloud cover and brand new battery, my sample size of 2 P4XI just doesn't get as bright (in my opinion) at Max brightness as the Credos and Leupold:
I have an OPMOD in Tan that I haven't opened yet.. don't really want to open the seal on it if its going to look exactly the same.
https://i2.lensdump.com/i/Z4sYwM.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98540/84CF1CC7-4C91-4EB9-8243-F44235A789C9_jpe-2014574.JPG
View Quote

good pics, this is helpful for many of us that haven't handled them in person, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

good pics, this is helpful for many of us that haven't handled them in person, much appreciated.
View Quote

You're welcome! I actually have a few minutes to do it now so I'm doing it now! lol

More pics incoming! check that exact post soon!

Also, thank you for the kind words. If that reticle isn't bright enough for you outdoors, let me know and I'll make it right.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I will say that comparing an LED lit fiber optic dot with LED red dot reflected-off-glass reticles offer almost no apples to apples comparison in pictures .

For some reason, the LED dots in these Credos do not pop in these pictures the way red dot reflected reticles do in pictures. So unless you're doing side by side, you just can't see it in the pics. But as we have compared here, at least as we have tried to compare, in some instances, these LEDs fiber reticles are about 80-90% bright at max or near max settings as some red dots.

Also, a positive, these fiber LED dot reticles do not wash out in sunlight vs like something some red dots and or some etched reticles might do. It's a matter of design elements and construction. There's nothing to wash out because its not etched into the glass nor is it reflected off a lens. Difficult for some to understand, as it was for me until I got my hands on these.

Yes, the FFP doesn't get nuclear bright. Thats how this whole thread started on page 1. It's an etched reticle that wasn't designed to get nuclear bright. Its supposed to be daylight visible however (it is to me) but that debate has been going on way too long.

View Quote
Agree. There are posters one this forum who believe anything less than an aimpoint like center dot that hurts my eye to look at, isn't usable in a LPVO for CQB. Simply not true. If it's as bright as the setting I'd probably use a red dot at, good enough for me IMO.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top