User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So,  would you consider more from the credo line up?

Really like the idea of the 2-10x36 for my "Holland" upper
View Quote

Hell yes.

I was really torn over doing the 2-10 or 1-6.  The only thing that pushed me over the edge is 6x at 600yds is a little bit more fun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd be more interested to hear about this. Is that reticle not what people here consider daylight bright? I'm super interested in this scope; ticks all the boxes: optical clarity, lightweight, etc.

I'd buy the Razor 1-6 but it's a full 3+ oz heavier than the Credo, and to me weight is one of my primary considerations.

This would be mounted on an 11.5" SBR. Thoughts?
View Quote
The scope I in the video I linked to is very likely daylight bright by almost any definition.

The circle reticle one is the one that's often considered not to be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 8x credo and i replaced the battery it came with a fresh one and i can tell it is daylight visible bright. Not that it matters so much especially the etched reticle it comes with. People worry too much about the daylight nuclear bright because they have very little training with scopes in general and are used to red dot sights. Reticle design dictates how much the scope depends on bright dot in the middle. Gotta know these and most can be figured out with training.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Credo 1x6 23, FFP MRAD version. It's light, has good glass, mag adjustment is just right, .1 mil capped adjustments. For some daylight bright is all there is, but unlike aimpoint, if the bright gets washed out you have a black reticle in contrast to aim with versus not seeing a dot at all. It also functions without batteries. Reasonable SHTF optic at around $800. If the BDC version had been 77 gr (instead of 55 gr) I probably would have gone that route. The circle of death could have been smaller for a brighter center at 1x, but I think its' vcog pedigree lends to something else (center mass hits). 2x might be a good starting point for stalking coyotes and it's possible the circle could be used for a lead...
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not daylight bright.... just FYI

Just cause its daylight and you can see it...
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not daylight bright....
View Quote

Not in my list of criteria, in fact I almost never run any of my scopes illuminated. Dot, different story and all aimpoint...
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not in my list of criteria, in fact I almost never run any of my scopes illuminated. Dot, different story and all aimpoint...
View Quote

That’s fine, but to call a optic “Daylight Bright” when it is not, lulls others into thinking it is, until they buy it and find out its not.

The whole point of a LPVO that has a 1x low is too function just like a red dot.

If it does not, then its just another variable optic.

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
@SDMF_Rebel,

thanks for the review.  Very thoughtful.  I was a fan of the Accupower 1-8x, until other scopes came out and Trijicon discontinued it.  I thought the price point was a little on the high side.

My question to you:  What makes this scope more desirable than, say, a Vortex HD-E Gen2 1-6x or a Nightforce NX8 1-8x.  The Vortex has a street price of $1,200 and the NX8 at $1,700.  Both, highly desirable, as well as the Sig Tango6 1-6x.  Looks like street price is around $1,400 for the Credo.

Just looking for an honest compare and contrast, if possible.  When I think of outstanding optics, Trijicon has made a name with ACOG, and the Vudu is not bad, but the Razor, Tango6 and NX8 are pretty close to top of the line glass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@SDMF_Rebel,

thanks for the review.  Very thoughtful.  I was a fan of the Accupower 1-8x, until other scopes came out and Trijicon discontinued it.  I thought the price point was a little on the high side.

My question to you:  What makes this scope more desirable than, say, a Vortex HD-E Gen2 1-6x or a Nightforce NX8 1-8x.  The Vortex has a street price of $1,200 and the NX8 at $1,700.  Both, highly desirable, as well as the Sig Tango6 1-6x.  Looks like street price is around $1,400 for the Credo.

Just looking for an honest compare and contrast, if possible.  When I think of outstanding optics, Trijicon has made a name with ACOG, and the Vudu is not bad, but the Razor, Tango6 and NX8 are pretty close to top of the line glass.
View Quote

The nx8 is nearly perfect, but the straw view leaves a bit to be desired.  The eyebox while forgiving is nothing like the super forgiving eyeboxes of other glass.

The razor is again, nearly perfect, but the reticle is hot garbage.  The 1-10 reticle is amazing.

The credo has the big eyebox and perfect simple reticle for precision work, but it falls short on acting like a red dot at 1x.  If they shrank the segmented circle just a little bit it would be just like the nx8s red dot at 1x.

The only scope mentioned that I have not owned is the 1-10, but I've shot with one.  I still keep an nx8 on my Jack of all trades blaster.  I will not go back to razor 1-6s again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
For what it's worth, the credo is parked on my fun gun.  A shorty that gets taken to 5-600yds.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn’t mint getting the 1-6 credo. I’m in the process of building a 12.5 Noveske (still waiting on the barrel) and I was thinking of getting the 1-8 Accupower or a credo whichever I could find cheaper but I might do the 1-6 credo. I love my two 1-8 Accupower’s.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#12]
The Credo 1x6 is significantly lighter and less expensive than the 1x8.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't need it daylight bright, or even visible. It's only relevant after sunset or in the dark.  

it's not a bug, it's a feature.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The circle of death could have been smaller for a brighter center at 1x
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The circle of death could have been smaller for a brighter center at 1x

I just got this scope and I am absolutely thrilled. Finally a manufacturer that gets an FFP reticle right. The circle dot is awesome at 1x, and it is fine that the circle is not so useful at higher magnifications, because you don't need it there. I spent ages looking for a scope that did this, unlike having a dot that turns in circle dot at magnification, where it is not relevant. EOtech got close with the vudu, but messed it up by making the ring bigger than on their holosights, which caused it to disappear too quickly before the center was good and well visible making anything from 2,5x to 4.5x useless.

The credo has the big eyebox and perfect simple reticle for precision work, but it falls short on acting like a red dot at 1x.  If they shrank the segmented circle just a little bit it would be just like the nx8s red dot at 1x.

That dot is exactly the reason why I did not get an nx8... I still don't understand the focus on a dot, it is so much harder and takes so much more time to aim than a circle dot. Maybe it is just my eyes, but red dots have invariably been an absolute pain for me. I shoot faster with irons than with a dotr. That circle helps so much drawing in your eye, instead of having to go hunt that bloody dot every time you take your eyes off. You can also do leads with a good circle dot.

On eye box I have to agree it is very generous at 1x, an is even decent at 6x. Although I have seen better, those scopes cost easily twice as much as the Credo.
Illumination seems to be good enough, but have not had sunny enough weather to make a real judgement call on that. Otoh have not had the need to go past 4-5 so there is room still for brighter days.
On the glass, as it is now winter here and it gets dark quick, I am impressed by how much light it collects and how good it is in dark conditions.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just got this scope and I am absolutely thrilled. Finally a manufacturer that gets an FFP reticle right. The circle dot is awesome at 1x, and it is fine that the circle is not so useful at higher magnifications, because you can't be fast anyway on the ranges where you need the magnification. I spent ages looking for a scope that did this, unlike having a dot that turns in circle dot at magnification, where it is not relevant. EOtech got close with the vudu, but messed it up by making the ring bigger than on their holosights, which caused it to disappear too quickly before the center was good and well visible making anything from 2,5x to 4.5x useless. I still don't understand the focus on a dot, it is so much harder and takes so much more time to aim than a circle dot. Maybe it is just my eyes, but red dots have invariably been an absolute pain for me. I shoot faster with irons than with a dot, however with my Eotech I am even faster That circle helps soo much drawing in your eye, instead of having to go hunt that bloody dot every time you take your eyes of the sight, Illumination seems to be good enough, but have not had sunny enough weather to make a real judgement call on that.

On the glass, as it is now winter here and it gets dark quick, I am impressed by how much light it collects and how good it is in dark conditions.

On the minus side there is the small scope lever that comes with it. It would have been nice if they had a longer version as it is too stubby and short to be really useful. But then again it should not be too hard to make a better one myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The circle of death could have been smaller for a brighter center at 1x, but I think its' vcog pedigree lends to something else (center mass hits). 2x might be a good starting point for stalking coyotes and it's possible the circle could be used for a lead...

I just got this scope and I am absolutely thrilled. Finally a manufacturer that gets an FFP reticle right. The circle dot is awesome at 1x, and it is fine that the circle is not so useful at higher magnifications, because you can't be fast anyway on the ranges where you need the magnification. I spent ages looking for a scope that did this, unlike having a dot that turns in circle dot at magnification, where it is not relevant. EOtech got close with the vudu, but messed it up by making the ring bigger than on their holosights, which caused it to disappear too quickly before the center was good and well visible making anything from 2,5x to 4.5x useless. I still don't understand the focus on a dot, it is so much harder and takes so much more time to aim than a circle dot. Maybe it is just my eyes, but red dots have invariably been an absolute pain for me. I shoot faster with irons than with a dot, however with my Eotech I am even faster That circle helps soo much drawing in your eye, instead of having to go hunt that bloody dot every time you take your eyes of the sight, Illumination seems to be good enough, but have not had sunny enough weather to make a real judgement call on that.

On the minus side there is the small scope lever that comes with it. It would have been nice if they had a longer version as it is too stubby and short to be really useful. But then again it should not be too hard to make a better one myself.

The stubby one is all that's needed since the mag ring turns so easily.

Maybe yours is stiffer?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The stubby one is all that's needed since the mag ring turns so easily.

Maybe yours is stiffer?
View Quote

Mine is quite stiff yes. And I like pushing the scope "lever" with the palm of my hand, so the stubby is too short to do that decently.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have the 1-6, SFP Credo with the green segmented circle and I wouldn't even call it daylight visible let alone daylight bright.

The glass is excellent, the reticle is well thought out and even non-illuminated it does what I need it to. The bold etched circle lets me frame targets on 1x well enough. I use mine on 4x-6x mostly which it excels at and I can drop it down to 1x if need be.

For those in the nuclear bright or bust camp this is not your scope.

Like your pic of going from shade to a sunny area the green does ok, low light it's great but out in full sun I just turn mine off.
View Quote

@Just10mm

I'm thinking of picking up the scope you have, but have concerns about the segmented circle reticle.  Does it obscure targets at distance?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Just10mm

I'm thinking of picking up the scope you have, but have concerns about the segmented circle reticle.  Does it obscure targets at distance?
View Quote

@molar

For me the segmented circle does not obscure targets at distance. The center dot is .5 moa and sharp for 50 - 200 yard work and by the time you use the bdc your using the hash bars for 300 yards and out. I've taken it out to 600 yards on 12" plates with no issues, to qualify I shoot for hits at that distance not groups so YMMV.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:29:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry if this has already been covered but where is the Credo line made?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry if this has already been covered but where is the Credo line made?
View Quote
Japan. Its a refresh of the Accupower essentially.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@molar

For me the segmented circle does not obscure targets at distance. The center dot is .5 moa and sharp for 50 - 200 yard work and by the time you use the bdc your using the hash bars for 300 yards and out. I've taken it out to 600 yards on 12" plates with no issues, to qualify I shoot for hits at that distance not groups so YMMV.

Hope that helps.
View Quote

That’s what I kept telling people with the 1-8 Accupower. Yes the old reticle style wasn’t great for shooting groups at 100yds but 300 and out it’s all using the hash marks. The credo reticle is the same as the new vcog reticles.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello people...

Just started working on another AR "build." All of my others are in a safe in another state a few thousand miles away, so I bought another one, and have been getting some accessories for it.

Planning mostly to do some Florida-style hog hunting, shots taken under 150yds or so, as well as some general plinking and whatever role the rifle comes across.

I've always had red dots or regular variable power "hunting" scopes on my rifles, never had a LPVO, and found myself interested.

After researching just about all of them, looking at cheaper ones, then higher end ones, I ended up settling on the 1-6x Credo HX in SFP with the red dot and hunter hold BDC. #CRHX624-C-2900020

One of the driving factors for this purchase, other than that the scope itself looked pretty sweet and like it would suit my needs perfectly, was that I was somehow able to find one brand new for $540 shipped. Compared to other
options in that price range, like the Vortex Viper, etc, it seemed like a pretty solid option.

How do you think I did? Do you think I'll be happy with it, all things considered? It should be here on Saturday...

BTW, if it matters, this is going on a Savage MSR 15 Recon that has also been fitted with a Rise Blitz trigger.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

One of the driving factors for this purchase, other than that the scope itself looked pretty sweet and like it would suit my needs perfectly, was that I was somehow able to find one brand new for $540 shipped.

View Quote

Whoah whoah.. hold up a minute. Where did you find one that cheap?

*edit* ok I think I saw where you got it... I BARELY got one at $629! Sheesh those things go fast on amazon when they are that low!

I read in another post to keep an eye on amazon when they get loaded on stock, they start dropping the price like crazy.

Thank you for the first time post, you just saved me about about $150 vs scopelist!!!

*eta again and again** this should do you fine. For a light weight hunting LPVO, under 150 yds, should fit the bill just fine. The above video reference review shows that the LED dot is in fact daylight bright. You either stumbled upon a good deal, or you been stalking this one for a while. Either way, good on you for finding you (and me) a great deal.

I've been wanting to try one of these on my SBR for a short to 300yd optic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Haha. You're welcome for the first post. I hadn't paid any attention to guns or hunting stuff for just over 3 years since I moved to coastal Florida, other than my Sig EDC 9mm. TBH it's been 3 years since I've even shot a firearm. I've only been fishing. A lot.. Nowhere to shoot in my immediate vicinity other than indoor ranges, and I hate those. Just made the account here to learn and contribute what I can.

Yes, Amazon. Lol

I had been absolutely SCOURING the internet for scopes, prices, etc for about a week. I'm kind of a cheapo, so anytime I buy anything relatively expensive I have a tendency to do extensive research and product / price comparisons. After looking at scopes for probably 8 hours a day for a week and neglecting everything else in my life, I saw the Credo on Amazon for $540. I was like, wtf? This has to be a price mistake... 5 of them left. I put one in my cart, but I couldn't buy it until the next morning after I sold a few shares I had in one of my brokerage accounts. Couldn't sleep that night. As a plus the stock I sold went up overnight so I basically didn't have to actually pay anything out of pocket for the Credo :p

I saw the price change to what you paid after I purchased it, and then earlier today(after yours and another person's purchase) the price jumped back to the mid 800s. I really feel like I scored there!

I did see that video and noted the brightness of the dot. For my style of shooting, I prefer the dot style vs the segmented circles. I find them to be more precise and less of a distraction.

My first LPVO, I'm excited to check it out. Will provide an update this weekend, although I won't be able to actually use it on my rifle until at the earliest the following weekend.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Haha. You're welcome for the first post. I hadn't paid any attention to guns or hunting stuff for just over 3 years since I moved to coastal Florida, other than my Sig EDC 9mm. TBH it's been 3 years since I've even shot a firearm

I had been absolutely SCOURING the internet for scopes, prices, etc for about a week. I'm kind of a cheapo, so anytime I buy anything relatively expensive I have a tendency to do extensive research and product / price comparisons. After looking at scopes for probably 8 hours a day for a week and neglecting everything else in my life, I saw the Credo on Amazon for $540. I was like, wtf? This has to be a price mistake... 5 of them left.

I saw the price change to what you paid after I purchased it, and then earlier today(after yours and another person's purchase) the price jumped back to the mid 800s. I really feel like I scored there!

View Quote

^lol same here

What a time to get back into shooting, sorry to hear that! But hey, if its something you enjoy, you just won't be goin out as often.. prices will come back down in a couple years hopefully .. Yes when I bought it with 4 left, it was $622 .. when I checked out there was 1 left and jumped back to mid $800s whew barely made it in there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#26]
$540 is a steal for something that's honestly probably comparable to a Vortex Razor.

I would make sure that it's legitimate when you receive it, since Amazon is known for occasionally shipping counterfeit products.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$540 is a steal for something that's honestly probably comparable to a Vortex Razor.

I would make sure that it's legitimate when you receive it, since Amazon is known for occasionally shipping counterfeit products.
View Quote

^He's right you know^  I think mine was for sale by Kenzie's, fulfilled by Amazon prime.

Ordered mine via prime. Selected $2..99 for 8am delivery ... we'll see if they deliver.

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, no kidding, not the best time.

I got what I considered an acceptable deal on the new rifle considering the current market conditions, and a screaming deal on the optics, so I feel like I did well there. Magazines are still priced normally.

Ammunition cost is the only thing for me right now, but like I said, nowhere around here to shoot really. I've got a few boxes of overpriced Rem 68gr BTHPs that I'll use after I boresight it to get it dialed in, and then I'll fine tune it to whatever hunting ammo I can find. Barnes 70gr TSX, Nosler Partions, Fusions, whatever. Still haven't had any luck finding any "good" ammo. Once I do though, put a few rounds on paper to verify they're going where I want, and then *hopefully* from there on out only shooting one round per outing or so when I go drop fresh meat.

Can't even tell you how stoked I am to test out the Credo HX on some hogs!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Absolutely true, and I thought about that. It's Amazon, though. If it's a fake, worst case scenario, they're giving me a refund. I guess we'll see. Mine is scheduled for arrival on Saturday.

*anxiously chews on fingernails*
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Razor still beats it but it's a LOT lighter and that is worth the things it misses vs. the Razor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Razor still beats it but it's a LOT lighter and that is worth the things it misses vs. the Razor.
View Quote

We're talking 18.9oz vs 21.5oz. That's not a MASSIVE difference. If it were more like 14oz, I think I'd probably agree.

That said, not every rifle is gonna be 3gunning it, and $540 is stupid cheap. (ETA: I think it's likely to turn out to be a 1-4 at that price, but we'll see!)
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We're talking 18.9oz vs 21.5oz. That's not a MASSIVE difference. If it were more like 14oz, I think I'd probably agree.

That said, not every rifle is gonna be 3gunning it, and $540 is stupid cheap. (ETA: I think it's likely to turn out to be a 1-4 at that price, but we'll see!)
View Quote
Pretty sure I read different weight elsewhere. But everywhere I find it is what you said.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I swear, if it shows up and is a 1-4, I'm gonna burn Bezos' house down...

That weight difference is more or less negligible IMO, especially for my purposes. I've also broken 5 Florida state powerlifting records, though, so a few oz doesn't seem like much, and if it's heavier, that's just more long term gainz lol
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I swear, if it shows up and is a 1-4, I'm gonna burn Bezos' house down...

That weight difference is more or less negligible IMO, especially for my purposes. I've also broken 5 Florida state powerlifting records, though, so a few oz doesn't seem like much, and if it's heavier, that's just more long term gainz lol
View Quote

Lol! You and me both. 1-4s were options on there. The descriptions were very specific in the drop-down box. And my $2.99 8am yesterday? Turned out to be 4-8 today. "We're sorry for the delay... yada yada"...

I document all my weights of scopes and take a pic on the scale. If the correct scope comes in, I'll post the weight. From my experience, the Trijicon 1-8 (25.4oz) come in exactly as advertised. Burris 1-8 (23oz) a little lighter. PA platinum 1-8 a little heavier (27.x oz). If this thing ends up 1/2 a pound lighter than my Accupower 1-8 and the glass is just as nice, my Accupower may end up on the EE.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Heck yes! All appears legit so far. It’s a 1-6 inside the box and outside
*eta weight ... and damn this thing is nuclear bright! Fresh Sony battery *
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol! You and me both. 1-4s were options on there. The descriptions were very specific in the drop-down box. And my $2.99 8am yesterday? Turned out to be 4-8 today. "We're sorry for the delay... yada yada"...

I document all my weights of scopes and take a pic on the scale. If the correct scope comes in, I'll post the weight. From my experience, the Trijicon 1-8 (25.4oz) come in exactly as advertised. Burris 1-8 (23oz) a little lighter. PA platinum 1-8 a little heavier (27.x oz). If this thing ends up 1/2 a pound lighter than my Accupower 1-8 and the glass is just as nice, my Accupower may end up on the EE.
View Quote

What reticle and color is your accupower 1-8?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What reticle and color is your accupower 1-8?
View Quote

Red MIL .. about 6 months old.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Awesome!

Mine got delayed until Monday... Disappointing, but I guess I can't use it yet anyway. The wait continues.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm really impressed with 2 Credo's I just bought. 2.5-15x42 & 2-10x36

You can almost never go wrong with Japan LOW glass and optics.

I am coming off of a Vortex gen lll 1-10x that I have been regretting selling because of it's supper tight eyebox at 10x. I'm so happy so far with the 2-10 Credo that the regret over the gen lll is fading really fast, especially with the much more forgiving eyebox on the 2-10. I'll be running an offset RDS in an Arisaka mount to make up for the 1x.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Mine showed up today unexpectedly.

Appears to be the real deal, and 1-6. This thing is nice. Even on a sunny Florida beach day, the red dot is absolutely daylight bright. So much in fact, I find 7 to be about where I'd use it vs the higher brightness settings up to 10.

Super clear glass and reticle, solid eyebox, quality construction. No regrets yet!

I'll be mounting it with an AERO Precision ultralight mount.

I doubt I'll ever use the BDC features of this scope, as I'm planning to sight it for 50 yards using Remington Hypersonic Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded ammo. This will give me a target height of .85", and a trajectory + and - of no more than .425" between 32 and 150yds, which are my anticipated ranges for shooting hogs. Should have no problem doing brain shots all day with no need to compensate. Hopefully those rounds shoot well out of my rifle! I've seen a few people get .41 MOA @ 100yd groups with SMKs, hopefully in conjunction with my upgraded trigger these rounds will print 1 MOA or close... Just need a chest freezer now. Gonna be loading the meat up lol
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I scored a Credo HX 2.5-15x42 for $690 about 2 months ago and really really dig it.  Glass, turrets, zero-stop, clicks, reticle.  All top notch.  It replaced a 2.5-10x42 NXS on my CM762 - I liked the optic but wanted a bit more top end and the deal popped, I gave it a try and Trijicon did well with this lineup at these prices.  

I would certainly buy a SFP 1-6 for <$600 if it happens again - seems to occur from time to time on Amazon to move product, so I'm not surprised to see it happening again.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I scored a Credo HX 2.5-15x42 for $690 about 2 months ago and really really dig it.  Glass, turrets, zero-stop, clicks, reticle.  All top notch.  It replaced a 2.5-10x42 NXS on my CM762 - I liked the optic but wanted a bit more top end and the deal popped, I gave it a try and Trijicon did well with this lineup at these prices.  

I would certainly buy a SFP 1-6 for <$600 if it happens again - seems to occur from time to time on Amazon to move product, so I'm not surprised to see it happening again.
View Quote

Damn!!! Thats a smoking deal!

I'll probably get another one if I see it for that price.

I'm just as happy and impressed with mine as I was with my Nightforces. Seems to be a diminishing return now days with good optics. I say this now but I think I may be done spending $2000 + on an optic anymore with the options we have out there now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#43]
So I got to look at the 1-6 SFP with the BDC and I was impressed. They had the 1-4 Accupower with the BDC and the 1-6 BDC seems bigger on 1x. The clarity it great and they hd a 1-10 razor on hand to look at it side by side. This was my second time checking out a 1-10 razor. The credo is more of a 1x while the razor looked like a .9, things appeared smaller on 1x than they actually more.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks nice. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this scope. I also am confused now as there's the Credo HX with your reticle with the red LED(hopefully daylight bright) and then the regular Credo with the segmented daylight maroon reticle? I browsed Trijicon's website trying to find answers and came away more confused as the HX actually comes in both reticles and they don't explain the difference at all. On another note, the body of that optic looks remarkably similar to the Delta Stryker 1-6 I recently picked up except with a difference finish.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Still can't figure out how to embed images in posts. I click image and put the link it and it still spits out a link
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:54:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Still can't figure out how to embed images in posts. I click image and put the link it and it still spits out a link
View Quote

You need 50 posts or so til it shows for everyone.

In the meantime, Team Members and mods can approve it to make it show. ETA: should be good now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I am coming off of a Vortex gen lll 1-10x that I have been regretting selling because of it's supper tight eyebox at 10x. I'm so happy so far with the 2-10 Credo that the regret over the gen lll is fading really fast, especially with the much more forgiving eyebox on the 2-10. I'll be running an offset RDS in an Arisaka mount to make up for the 1x.
View Quote

How funny, those are the two exact scopes I'm looking at to replace my 1-8 Accupower and 3-15 GII Viper. Thanks for sharing and comparison Gman! I am getting impatient with PA and their GLx line (Griffin Mil has been missing for months) of 2.5x and 4x line of scopes. They say Nov-Dec but who really knows.

Quoted:

Appears to be the real deal, and 1-6. This thing is nice. Even on a sunny Florida beach day, the red dot is absolutely daylight bright. So much in fact, I find 7 to be about where I'd use it vs the higher brightness settings up to 10.

Super clear glass and reticle, solid eyebox, quality construction. No regrets yet!

I doubt I'll ever use the BDC features of this scope, as I'm planning to sight it for 50 yards using Remington Hypersonic Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded ammo. This will give me a target height of .85", and a trajectory + and - of no more than .425" between 32 and 150yds, which are my anticipated ranges for shooting hogs. Should have no problem doing brain shots all day with no need to compensate. Hopefully those rounds shoot well out of my rifle! I've seen a few people get .41 MOA @ 100yd groups with SMKs, hopefully in conjunction with my upgraded trigger these rounds will print 1 MOA or close... Just need a chest freezer now. Gonna be loading the meat up lol
View Quote

Nice! And good choice on a lightweight mount. I like the Aero's for their price and weight for sure (I don't like to spend a lot on mounts) You may or may not be into QD, but if you're looking at lightweight and QD they typically don't go hand-in-hand unless you drop $$ on a scalarworks (not for me). So keep an eye on American Defense's new FULL titanium QD lineup. They're starting to pre-order and I may try one out. I'm running two Larue CAN mounts.. love em but wouldn't mind shaving a few more oz.

Quoted:
Looks nice. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this scope. I also am confused now as there's the Credo HX with your reticle with the red LED(hopefully daylight bright) and then the regular Credo with the segmented daylight maroon reticle? I browsed Trijicon's website trying to find answers and came away more confused as the HX actually comes in both reticles and they don't explain the difference at all. On another note, the body of that optic looks remarkably similar to the Delta Stryker 1-6 I recently picked up except with a difference finish.https://i.imgur.com/7R3DKJH.jpg
View Quote

I think the Credo HX line is marketed as their MOA or BDC hunter lineup? I could be wrong... Trijicon came out with so many variations of product names of essentially the same scopes or remixes of Accupower lineup. It confuses me. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this Credo. While the new finishes are more satiny with logos everywhere, I can live with it. The throw knob is a welcome addition (why doesn't everyone do this now? so simple!). The mag ring is a little on the tighter side, but after moving it back and forth 10 times, its like butter now.

All I can tell you the is the BDC lineup of Credo, with LED Dot in the center of the crosshair, is more than daylight bright. Its MRO/Aimpoint/nuclear bright. 4-6 is daylight visible, 7 is daylight bright, 8 MRO/Aimpoint bright and 9-10 is nuclear you'll go blind, no joke.... in bright Texas sun at 11am yesterday.. If we have sun today or tomorrow I'll get a pic in here. The really neat thing about it, is it doesn't bloom outdoors until 9-10. 7-8 are red dot bright but no bloom or bleed. It's so precise and bright in how it illuminates. I can't explain it but its SO nice outdoors. They nailed the red dot in this scope! These are also the most positive clicking, non-mushy capped turrets i've ever had. Very nice.

If your Stryker is a LOW Japanese optic, I'm not surprised to see similarities. Many brands who source from LOW have some similar characteristics like glass quality, scope body, knobs, diopter adjustments, electronics and finish. What you'll find completely different are the reticles.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How funny, those are the two exact scopes I'm looking at to replace my 1-8 Accupower and 3-15 GII Viper. Thanks for sharing and comparison Gman! I am getting impatient with PA and their GLx line (Griffin Mil has been missing for months) of 2.5x and 4x line of scopes. They say Nov-Dec but who really knows.

Nice! And good choice on a lightweight mount. I like the Aero's for their price and weight for sure (I don't like to spend a lot on mounts) You may or may not be into QD, but if you're looking at lightweight and QD they typically don't go hand-in-hand unless you drop $$ on a scalarworks (not for me). So keep an eye on American Defense's new FULL titanium QD lineup. They're starting to pre-order and I may try one out. I'm running two Larue CAN mounts.. love em but wouldn't mind shaving a few more oz.

I think the Credo HX line is marketed as their MOA or BDC hunter lineup? I could be wrong... Trijicon came out with so many variations of product names of essentially the same scopes or remixes of Accupower lineup. It confuses me. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this Credo. While the new finishes are more satiny with logos everywhere, I can live with it. The throw knob is a welcome addition (why doesn't everyone do this now? so simple!). The mag ring is a little on the tighter side, but after moving it back and forth 10 times, its like butter now.

All I can tell you the is the BDC lineup of Credo, with LED Dot in the center of the crosshair, is more than daylight bright. Its MRO/Aimpoint/nuclear bright. 4-6 is daylight visible, 7 is daylight bright, 8 MRO/Aimpoint bright and 9-10 is nuclear you'll go blind, no joke.... in bright Texas sun at 11am yesterday.. If we have sun today or tomorrow I'll get a pic in here. The really neat thing about it, is it doesn't bloom outdoors until 9-10. 7-8 are red dot bright but no bloom or bleed. It's so precise and bright in how it illuminates. I can't explain it but its SO nice outdoors. They nailed the red dot in this scope! These are also the most positive clicking, non-mushy capped turrets i've ever had. Very nice.

If your Stryker is a LOW Japanese optic, I'm not surprised to see similarities. Many brands who source from LOW have some similar characteristics like glass quality, scope body, knobs, diopter adjustments, electronics and finish. What you'll find completely different are the reticles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks nice. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this scope. I also am confused now as there's the Credo HX with your reticle with the red LED(hopefully daylight bright) and then the regular Credo with the segmented daylight maroon reticle? I browsed Trijicon's website trying to find answers and came away more confused as the HX actually comes in both reticles and they don't explain the difference at all. On another note, the body of that optic looks remarkably similar to the Delta Stryker 1-6 I recently picked up except with a difference finish.https://i.imgur.com/7R3DKJH.jpg

You got it Apex!
I got out yesterday with the 2-10 and it was 44° and cloudy. Was clear as a bell and the eyebox at 10x was far more forgiving than the 1-10x I had. I had a couple of PA GLX 2.5-10x and I think I like this better. I just could never get used to that chevron for more precise shots, especially when working up handloads. I was able to get a 10rd .726 group with 77gr smk's that I was having a hard time achieving with that chevron. Probably just my brain and eyes I'm sure but I'm liking my cred much better. The glass on the cred is also a bit brighter.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Red MIL .. about 6 months old.
View Quote

Dang I would prefer MOA, but MIL would be better for me at work. If you’re in DFW and you still have it at Christmas time I might need to take it off your hands while I’m on leave.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Bump to see if there are any new impressions after use.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top