Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcooper] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

I would need to make sure there are no patent issues but why the need for fiber since it is already daylight visible?

View Quote

I think his goal is to have it illuminated without battery power.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Or tritium for the reticle?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Our online dealer Optics Trade ships throughout EU from Slovenia
View Quote

Thanks I appreciate the info
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoveskeFan] [#9]
Just pre-ordered.  Is production delayed due to current events or is May still the expected ship month?  
*I went through the first page again, looks like production is on schedule.*
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Please no fiber optic. It sucks.  Battery control is best control.  AAA would be better...

if mad max arrives, Un illuminated bold etched reticle is just fine
View Quote

For you. I'd rather have the weight savings and simplicity of a simple fiber tube. Just put a slider on it so we can control the light intake.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#12]
No.

my #1 critique of all fiber optic ACOGs is not "too bright in sunlight", but that if I shoot FROM a dim area INTO a brightly lit area, the reticle washes out and I cannot easily find it. ITS TOO DIM.

Hence my keychain light and bicycle inner tube contraption.  

blob:https://www.ar15.com/fa52a522-2c80-4e22-b615-2c9395243ad5

The battery PA prism is a fine solution.  Buy an ACOG if you want fiber optic. I'll even sell you mine.  It flat sucks in certain conditions.
View Quote

But you just said a bold unilluminated etched reticle is fine.

I mean I get it, I really do. But everything has trade offs. Lighter weight is more important to me for the same reason you said a bold etched reticle works fine as well. Why does it hurt to cover multiple areas of the market though? And I'm very familiar with ACOGs.

I'm not saying they shouldn't offer LED illumination, but you are saying they shouldn't offer fiber optic illumination.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#14]
The TA45 amber triangle reticle is NOT bold.  I never said that it is.  I said the PA 2x reticle is BOLD.  

I was talking about the PA when I said that.

you've got to keep them separated.  My TA45 and PA 2x are not only social distancing, they're FEATURE distancing too.
View Quote

Not all ACOGs have the same reticles though. I'm not a fan of any ACOG under 3X and the reticle size may play a part in that too. The 1.5x16 ACOG just might be the worst optic I've ever tried to use in fact. It feels magnified up close but not at all at distance. It left me feeling like I was shooting with a hangover. I also think the mini has a little less light gathering due to the reduced fiber optic tube length.

I was speaking more generally their entire prismatic optic line, but would love the option of fiber or electronic lighting.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Sold my Cyclops and ADM mount thinking I was going to pre-order one of these, but my car decided my money was going to my mechanic
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRW] [#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#19]
That's an awesome review. Lots of reticle pics, thanks for writing it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#20]
All right, it's live.
Here's my unsolicited review of the PA GLx 2x

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/is-the-primary-arms-glx-2x-the-best-value-in-low-power-prism-optics/

@MARSH1

thank you again and I hope you sell a ton of these.  It's an ACOG-killer
View Quote

Thanks for the review. I’ve been waiting on a review and you provided a ton of helpful info and comparisons.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the review MRW!!
I recently built a SBR 22lr upper...was pretty sure about a micro red dot for it...but now I am considering this 2X.
Depends on how much accuracy I can wring out of that 4.5 inch barrel...heh.  have not been able to test it yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I might pick one up for a carry handle upper I have.   That looks really nice on the old school upper in the article.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
All right, it's live.
Here's my unsolicited review of the PA GLx 2x

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/is-the-primary-arms-glx-2x-the-best-value-in-low-power-prism-optics/

@MARSH1

thank you again and I hope you sell a ton of these.  It's an ACOG-killer
View Quote

Thanks for the review!  I have one on pre order and am planning on mounting it to my 12.5" Kino; hopefully it plays ok with the FSB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Hmm, wonder if any of the risers would still allow the use of iron sights for a carry handle upper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mcooper:

I think his goal is to have it illuminated without battery power.
View Quote

Smashing idea, ol' chap!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Great review awesome job!!

I don’t mind big nuts if they’re my nuts

Seriously though... I’m in for an FDE pre order in 300/x39 reticle when available!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DRNLS:
Any issue with using this on a 10.5" ar pistol?
View Quote

I believe that would depend on whether you are going to shoulder the pistol or shoot it at arms length like a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Any idea if Optics Planet will get these shipped any faster or slower than direct from PA? Wondering where to place my preorder (Optics Planet always has 5% codes so it saves about $20 here).
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Just placed my preorder on the 5.56 version for my new build. After a couple months of research, this optic fits what I’m looking for more than anything else.

MRW’s review put me over the top. Thanks for helping me decide.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#32]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:07:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oak18] [#33]

First inbound order is sold out. Pre orders taken now have an ETA of early June.
View Quote

It would probably be a good idea to update the product page then. It still says ETA May as it did when I placed the order.

I would’ve been expecting May delivery if I didn’t post on this thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Sorry we missed that. Sent notice to web team to update!!
View Quote

No biggie. I’m glad you guys are getting a lot of orders for them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]
What is the real world eye relief on these?  All the pictures I'm seeing shows the lens hanging over the charging handle with the stock in about the 2nd to collapsed position.

Basically would one be able to run a fixed rear sight with one of these?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:55:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRW] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By twistid1:
What is the real world eye relief on these?  All the pictures I'm seeing shows the lens hanging over the charging handle with the stock in about the 2nd to collapsed position.

View Quote

Given it’s a magnified optic, no.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By twistid1:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Our weight with riser and mount is 11oz. Listed weight of TA44 is without riser and mount but yes it will still be lighter and 1" shorter. The TA44 is an amazing piece of engineering.

Ours does include the adjustable diopter. That is what accounts for most of the extra length but comes in handing if you don't have perfect vision.
View Quote

The latter is worth a lot IMO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#41]

I would need to make sure there are no patent issues but why the need for fiber since it is already daylight visible?

View Quote

Patents last 10 years. Trijicon wasn't the first to do it.

I've been a trijicon fan for close to two decades, there is no reason to NOT have fiber optic reticle illumination on a scope or sight these days IMO. I can't help but notice that the Chinese are starting to produce non-ripoff fiber illuminated sights and my finger is twitching hard on the buy button. I've seen a 3x combat sight with a BDC reticle, and a 2x post/triangle-both with diopter adjustment. I'd really rather buy something like that with PA behind them, but I suspect these fall in the "good enough" category to try on a .22 or PCC.

Please consider making something like a fiber and battery powered Cylops, 2x and 3x. These would be sellers for you. Promise.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Please no fiber optic. It sucks.  Battery control is best control.  AAA would be better...

if mad max arrives, Un illuminated bold etched reticle is just fine
View Quote

Sure, if you are shooting in a controlled manner at paper targets. USPSA and 2 gun taught me that you don't give a damn about your reticle as long as it's bright enough to pick up when you are running and in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:40:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erwos] [#44]
Fiber and Tritium are covered by patents so not an option.
View Quote

This seems hard to believe. The TA11 was released back in 1992. Might want to talk to your lawyers again. You might have trouble with battery powered FO, though, if that's what you were referring to.

Also, I handled the GLx 2x at SHOT, and while I agree the reticle is mostly daylight visible, if you want the 1x version to take off, it needs to be a lot brighter than what I saw.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#46]
If you find ACOGs to not be bright or noticeable enough, I don't even know what to say. People bubba up ways to make the reticle dimmer with bicycle innertube because they are too bright, you say you can't see yours. Glad you found a battery powered solution bright enough.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:05:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MRW] [#47]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#48]
With higher magnification optics a fixed front sight post sort of disappears while aiming through the scope. How does the 2x perform in this regard? If I'm mounting it on an upper with a front sight will it have to be up on the tallest spacer to see over it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twistid1] [#50]
Someone asked on your Facebook page if you would warranty scopes that were spray painted like the video you shared (for the 2.5-10), can you confirm if this is true or not?
Page / 22
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top