Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the low mount height?
View Quote
I would estimate that it places the optical centerline at .8 inches.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It is perfect for AR pistols.. I have no issue with full FOV with the brace fully extended.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the discount code P200116 still working for you guys?
Cant get it to accept it for me.

*Edit P200103 is working code*
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine sighted in today on my 45 Banshee. 3 shots to sight in and then pure fun after. Love the sight and have another arriving tomorrow. It is perfect on a pistol.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I think I'm sold on the Lil P now. Hopefully they are still in stock when I get paid next.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The thing is so small and light.

I really wish there was a way to mount it on an AK without using rails that weigh more than the optic. Using as an offset backup optic for an actual scope seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The thing is so small and light.

I really wish there was a way to mount it on an AK without using rails that weigh more than the optic. Using as an offset backup optic for an actual scope seems like a good idea.
View Quote
Here is one option.
https://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-type/ak-vepr-saiga-slr/mounts/kochevnik-1-ak-iron-signt-picatinny-rail-1765.html
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got my Lil P for my lightweight build, and I'm thoroughly impressed. With the diopter set, I can use it just like my UH-1 with a little bit more occlusion from the battery compartment, but it's pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally got to shoot mine.  Illumination is apparently only for low light. I could not see it at all in daylight.  Reticle is tiny and I can't see the dots at all in broad daylight.  Maybe that isn't so important.

It shot point of aim at 25 yards with no adjustments on my .45 PCR.

If it were bigger and if the reticle were easier to see, I would probably get another one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting. Have not shot mine yet, but looking through it the reticle is pretty visible.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I finally got to shoot mine.  Illumination is apparently only for low light. I could not see it at all in daylight.  Reticle is tiny and I can't see the dots at all in broad daylight.  Maybe that isn't so important.

It shot point of aim at 25 yards with no adjustments on my .45 PCR.

If it were bigger and if the reticle were easier to see, I would probably get another one.
View Quote
That’s weird. I have two of these and both are daylight bright without having the illumination all the way up and the reticles are huge.  I see you post here a whole lot and are well respected, so I say this with the utmost respect. You can see the reticle either way the optic is turned and the reticle appears much larger when viewed from the opposite end.

I turn 49 is a few days and the reticle is a godsend for my eyes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's weird. I have two of these and both are daylight bright without having the illumination all the way up and the reticles are huge.  I see you post here a whole lot and are well respected, so I say this with the utmost respect. You can see the reticle either way the optic is turned and the reticle appears much larger when viewed from the opposite end.

View Quote
I hear batteries can make a difference. Which one do you use?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I looked through mine. Perhaps @wildearp  installed the optic the opposite way forward?

Can you post a photo of your weapon with the optic installed?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Makes me wonder on batteries also.  Mine wasn't daylight bright, but I'm still using the battery that was included.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's weird. I have two of these and both are daylight bright without having the illumination all the way up and the reticles are huge.  I see you post here a whole lot and are well respected, so I say this with the utmost respect. You can see the reticle either way the optic is turned and the reticle appears much larger when viewed from the opposite end.

Energizer batteries
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine is absolutely daylight bright in the AZ sun with the factory battery
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:26:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered some Duracell and Energizer to check if my factory battery is just crappin out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
In a bright environment, wouldn't the most visible reticle be black?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In a bright environment, wouldn't the most visible reticle be black?
View Quote
Thats my thought as well. I never turn my Cyclops on in broad daylight.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thats my thought as well. I never turn my Cyclops on in broad daylight.
View Quote
For my purpose, the Lil P would be better with no battery and hump.  In daylight, a black reticle is as visible as an iron sight.  In a dark setting, I don't need a glowing sight; I need more light on whatever I am trying to hit.  With a light, that black reticle works for me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not a barbarian.  I'll borrow a Dremel.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone shoot a rifle (rifle caliber, not .45) with their Lil P? Did you get good results?

As far as daylight and seeing the reticle, there is a photo of a reticle in daylight on the first page. Seems very visible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone shoot a rifle (rifle caliber, not .45) with their Lil P? Did you get good results?

As far as daylight and seeing the reticle, there is a photo of a reticle in daylight on the first page. Seems very visible.
View Quote
I ran one of mine Monday on a new 10.3” SBR I built. It did really well. I was breaking the SS barrel in and not shooting for accuracy. The dot covers the target pretty well at 100yds so do not expect pin point accuracy. It does however do what it is supposed to do and that is get good quick hits. I love these little guys and so does my eyes.

100yds just centering the dot and pressing the trigger. This is just plinking ammo.

50yds with a regular cadence of shots. Everything was hitting center once sighted in with just range ammo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice shooting
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top