Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea on the hold up, but the last mention of availability I saw on Facebook said June.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If any of you are interested, I have two of these scopes listed for sale in the EE.  One was mounted on my alternate 3-gun AR15.  Other than a trip to the range to zero, it has never been used.  The second scope was also mounted on a AR15 and I used it to take two deer last November.  Other than a couple of trips to the range and one day of hunting, it has never been used.  Both have slight mounting marks, but are otherwise in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My local Sportsman’s Warehouse has the RT-6 in stock and on sale for $299.99
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My local Sportsman’s Warehouse has the RT-6 in stock and on sale for $299.99
View Quote
I'll have to swing back by my local store and check. Was there last week and they still had 'em in stock but at the usual $350.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
recv'd this update from Burris rep:  "We are hoping to start shipping the RT6 to customers by the middle of May"
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be sending my brand new one back to Burris for warranty work. I put a new factory battery in and turned it on to see the reticle lit. It’s not daylight bright, but is adequate enough. I turned it off and let it sit overnight. The next morning I turned it on and it was dead. I replaced the battery and made sure it was turned off.  The next day it was dead again.  I tried a third battery with the same result. It drains the battery in just a couple of hours, even when turned off.

Otherwise, the glass on this scope is awesome. I had it beside a Vortex PST 1-6 gen 2, and I honestly couldn’t see the difference.  Night and day better than the Strike Eagle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I called Burris today to get an RMA to send my scope back. The rep I talked to said that they were expecting a shipment to come in any day of a few hundred scopes. He also said that the scope had been far more popular than they had expected.

Now I get to find out how good their customer service/warranty is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The wait is over, just spoke to a Burris rep. and they said they were in the process of shipping them out. If you go to optics planet you will see they are for sale but they won't be shipping them out for another month.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually got an email from Optics Planet 3 days ago saying my order from November 24th(!) was able to be fulfilled finally.  Got a shipping notice and its supposedly going to be here monday, fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Couple of questions on the RT-6. Does anyone have recommendations for flip up lens caps.

Also I'm sure there are a plethora of mounts that will work with the RT-6. I have seen one mount (PEPR) that lists a 1.6 inch height for scope center line above rail and a Brownells that lists a 1.4 inch height. Not very much granted but how much does scope height effect accuracy.?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Seek and Ye shall find Found a great ballistic calculator by Burris that answers the second question.https://ballistics.burrisoptics.com/dope-card#:64
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know when and if Brownells will be getting the RT-6 in stock?  I have an order on back-order with them and not optics planet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My backorder from Midway arrived last Wed
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#14]
So I emailed Brownells to see when and if they will be getting a shippment in of the RT-6's. Here is their repsonse...
Thank you for contacting Brownells in regards to your backorder. We are anticipating but no guarantees this item will become available within the next 30-60 days. This is just an estimated time frame. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a brand new RT-6.  I notice immediately the illumination doesn’t work for more than few hours.  Wasted three batteries trying to see if it was just bad batteries.  Sent it in to Burris (cost me $13) and was told 1-3 week turnaround.

Today is three weeks and a day since they informed me that it had arrived at their repair facility. Guy said that yep, there was a short in the board and they would be sending me a new scope, but it will be at least another month because all they scopes they had on hand were going to fill backorders and they had to fill all the backorders before they could send me a scope.

Maybe I’m being a bit whiny, but it seems like the priority should be in repairing/replacing scopes for those who have already bought scopes.  So far I’m not really happy with Burris Customer Service.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Any idea when your scope will  be in, I'm still waiting for Brownells to get the RT-6's because mine is currently on backorder with them. I  emailed them last week and they said they were expecting a shipment this month or the next. I don't know why their shipment is taking so long because B&H Photo and OpticsPlanet been having theirs in stock for over 2 weeks now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Burris response of 5/30/18:
"It is currently being manufactured and they will start to fill backorders in the next 2-4 weeks. Thank you for your patience and support.
Thank You,
Burris Technical Support
1-888-440-0244

https://burris.supportsync.com"

Still haven't heard the true reason for Burris halting production of the RT 6. Got the standard, vague line about "wanting to make sure quality control was in order" but, never a definitive issue as to what occurred to raise the concern of quality control. Anything we need to be on look out for? Or was it just a dispute with the overseas supplier or something along those lines? I've been trying my hardest to keep waiting but, we're at what 4 -5 mths now? The Primary arms raptor FFP raptor looks promising, the vortex strike eagle also. Maybe should just move on with one of these others? anybody else made the move to the PA FFP Raptor or strike eagle instead of the RT6?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
After 4 weeks, I finally got my scope back this week. The circuit board was bad and they had to wait for a new batch to come in to replace it.  Oddly, the glass seems clearer on the new one and there is noticeably less fish bowl effect at 1x.  I really like this scope a lot.  Can’t wait to get it zeroed and run it hard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Burris response of 5/30/18:
"It is currently being manufactured and they will start to fill backorders in the next 2-4 weeks. Thank you for your patience and support.
Thank You,
Burris Technical Support
1-888-440-0244

https://burris.supportsync.com"

Still haven't heard the true reason for Burris halting production of the RT 6. Got the standard, vague line about "wanting to make sure quality control was in order" but, never a definitive issue as to what occurred to raise the concern of quality control. Anything we need to be on look out for? Or was it just a dispute with the overseas supplier or something along those lines? I've been trying my hardest to keep waiting but, we're at what 4 -5 mths now? The Primary arms raptor FFP raptor looks promising, the vortex strike eagle also. Maybe should just move on with one of these others? anybody else made the move to the PA FFP Raptor or strike eagle instead of the RT6?
View Quote
Side by side, the RT-6 smokes the PA and Vortex Strike Eagle, at least to my eyes.  It looked almost as good as the Vortex PST 1-6 Gen 2.

I would wait as the guy told me they were filling backorders as fast as possible. These have fantastic glass for the price.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I just pulled the trigger STS and ordered the RT-6/mount combo from Brownells. It's backordered so no telling when I'll see it. Got it all for $379 so the price was about the best I've seen. Any body see them start showing up at your door shout out. Hopefully mine won't be far behind. At least I beat the sales tax increase...
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#21]
How bright is the illumination for the RT-6?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How bright is the illumination for the RT-6?
View Quote
It’s not quite ‘noon on a cloudless day shooting at a white surface’ daylight bright, but it’s plently bright for me. Morning, evening, slightly overcast it’s plenty bright. It seems a lot brighter than my buddy’s PA 1-6. Hard to quantify perceived brightness.  I’ll try to snap some pics later and post them here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It’s not quite ‘noon on a cloudless day shooting at a white surface’ daylight bright, but it’s plently bright for me. Morning, evening, slightly overcast it’s plenty bright. It seems a lot brighter than my buddy’s PA 1-6. Hard to quantify perceived brightness.  I’ll try to snap some pics later and post them here.
View Quote
My personal standard is turn on max, point towards sun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any idea when your scope will  be in, I'm still waiting for Brownells to get the RT-6's because mine is currently on backorder with them. I  emailed them last week and they said they were expecting a shipment this month or the next. I don't know why their shipment is taking so long because B&H Photo and OpticsPlanet been having theirs in stock for over 2 weeks now.
View Quote
Apparently Brownells has even quit trying to guess.....I received the below response earlier today.

"Thank you for contacting Brownells in regards to this backorder. Unfortunately we have received no updates from the supplier at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I used to laugh at the fools who obsessed over "Tickle Me Elmo" many years ago. I guess it was a matter of finding something I could obsess over.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My personal standard is turn on max, point towards sun.
View Quote
In that case, no it is not daylight bright.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In that case, no it is not daylight bright.
View Quote
That’s disappointing but expected. Hell Trijicons accupower line is like that too.

PA Platinum, Viper PST II And Steiner P4Xi can all do this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I just received a confirmation that my back-ordered Burris RT-6 was just shipped from Brownells
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just received a confirmation that my back-ordered Burris RT-6 was just shipped from Brownells
View Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the update! Did you get the one with the Brownell's mount included?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes I did, I couldn't pass up that kind of deal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes I did, I couldn't pass up that kind of deal.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly and the story I gave my significant other
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#31]
If anyone is still looking for one, Primary Arms lists the rt6 in stock, and Optics planet had them thursday with a coupon for optics.  According to tracking, it will be here Wednesday.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought these could be found for $299 somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got mine for $299 at Sportsman’s Warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dvor had them at that price...three weeks on and still no movement on my order.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine will be here tomorrow..Backordered at Brownells since May...cant wait to see this thing
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I have one enroute from Optics Planet, should be here by Monday. It was in stock and 10% off made it too good a deal to pass up.
Never used a scope with anything but a typical reticle so the Ballistic AR reticle should prove interesting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Got it a couple days ago..early impressions
1. Glass is SUPER clear...as good as my Leupy VXR
2. Illumination is plenty bright for my purposes
3. Feels like its built like a tank
4. Turret clicks a bit mushy
5. Love the reticle
6. Eyebox at 1x is ok but not huge..6x is manageable

Haven't shot it yet but pleasanty surprised so far
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mine will be here tomorrow..Backordered at Brownells since May...cant wait to see this thing
View Quote
That's a good sign. Based on a follow up email I received a few days ago from Brownells I hope to see mine about the third week  in September. I keep hearing good things about the RT-6.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone got any time on one of these yet to report about?  How does it compare to Steiner P4xi?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone?
View Quote
I have one.  my thoughts echo a previous posters.
Glass is really good for the price point.  I have looked through strike eagles and the burris is noticeably better.
eye box is pretty good, not huge but there is some forgiveness there.
clicks are mushy.  Was a bit disappointed in the turrets.  They track fine however.
Illumination is not daylight bright.  it works in low light conditions In bright sun no use even turning it on.  On the plus side its easy to use without illumination.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I’ll let you know as soon as it gets here and I put some rounds down range. I’m just now getting into the window that Brownells said it should ship. Sounds like even if it’s not daylight bright it should be perfectly adequate given the etched reticle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks...anyone have one and can compare to Steiner P4xi?  To me, that is one of the best out there for the $.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks...anyone have one and can compare to Steiner P4xi?  To me, that is one of the best out there for the $.

thanks
View Quote
P4Xi with the illumination on is better at 1x than RT-6.  FOV is a little flatter and illumination is a lot brighter on the P4Xi.

With illumination off, RT-6 reticle is easier to pick up.

Optically, P4Xi has an edge across its magnification range.  However, RT-6 is not that far off and it goes to 6x, so for distance shooting it is better.

ILya
www.darklordofoptics.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks to this thread, I just picked up one for cheap on the EE
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I now have one too.  Yet to mount/use it though

Glass looks pretty good though
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Zeroed today at 50 in a light rain.  Glass is very good, 1X not quite as good as Steiner.  Illumination not as bright either.  For the $, so far so good.  I got mine for $269 as a blem with free shipping.  Blem was definitely not on the glass, not sure where
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine got here Friday. I got it mounted today and so far I like what I see for the price. Eye-box seems adequate. I checked the eye-box 1-6x standing/seated and prone. I did figure out that with the scope mounted the weight/balance shift made me move my angled fore grip back closer to mag well and it made for less strain/fatigue while holding in the prone position. Now if I can just get time to hit the range I'll let you know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#49]
thinking about getting one of these

in stock at several vendors

any issues ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

P4Xi with the illumination on is better at 1x than RT-6.  FOV is a little flatter and illumination is a lot brighter on the P4Xi.

With illumination off, RT-6 reticle is easier to pick up.

Optically, P4Xi has an edge across its magnification range.  However, RT-6 is not that far off and it goes to 6x, so for distance shooting it is better.

ILya
www.darklordofoptics.com
View Quote
Got a chance to shoot them back to back.  The Steiner is better all around.  It should be, it costs 50% more.  That isn't the story.

The real story is how close the Burris managed to come for $278 shipped. Mine should be here tomorrow.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top