Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2017 4:09:15 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have a question for anyone using the Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS scope.

I was wondering what your experience with the scope at 1x is like when shooting with both eyes open at close distances. No one sells them locally so I can not just try one out my self. I did, however, try out the EOTech VUDU and it was pretty easy to use with both eyes open, but that is a different beast.

I am weighing my optics options with my astigmatism. Red dots are giving me some issues so I am considering some 1-X options. I am considering the Primary Arms as a "Starting Point" because of the cost. If I can adjust to the 1-6 Bindon shooting I am going to go ahead and spend the money on the EOtech(I like the reticule it has a lot).

I am aware of the differences in quality and such between a $300 vs $1300 scope. I am just looking for something to try out for a few hundred rounds before I spend a lot of money. So I am only concerned with how it compares in practice to a scope like the VUDU(or any other 1-6).

Any input?

Thanks
Jim
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have astigmatism too and was using Eotech 512 until they came out with these. I use the 1x with both eyes open with out a problem. I love the acss reticle and works great at 25 or out to 600 yards at 6x. When you go to buy check with aimsurplus first since they normally have them for less money than PA does.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, Aim Surplus is just down the road from me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem shooting both eyes open with mine at short distances.  You can tell it’s not true 1X indoors if you look for it but when actually shooting you don’t notice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Vortex 1-8 (both PA and Vortex LPVO's are made by the same Chinese manufacturer) and a SWFA 1-4. I have no issue shooting quickly with both eyes open on 1x. No, they are not as fast as my Aimpoints, but they are pretty damn close. 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You will have a better, more true 1x with FFP scopes. The GenIII 1-6x is a great scope, and they are making a a FFP Version called the RAPTOR if I remember correctly; you can see it on their Instagram page. I’d recommend waiting for that.

If you can’t wait, you’ll have no problem using the 1-6x SFP with both eyes open.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top