Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2017 9:09:31 PM EDT
LAPD ACOG reticle

Just curious about it, anyone have any info on it other than the advertising propaganda? I cant seem to find much out there on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a duplex.  

No holds, no ranging capability, no turrets, just a 4X duplex with capped adjusters.  
Piece of shit if you askme.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Super Duplex.  Nothing special.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I was trying to read more in to it than it is I guess. I’m assuming their needs would be a 100yrd and under (urban) no ranging needed, fast and simple reticle. Literally point and shoot. I’m guessing that a magnified optic would offer more precision and aid in identification in a crowded environment.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No holds, no ranging capability, no turrets, just a 4X duplex with capped adjusters.  
View Quote
This.
Bureaucracy occurred.

My guess is someone pushed it to the brass because SOCOM has ACOGs, and then someone else said, "We don't need all those extra lines." Before anyone could explain that using a standard model would hurt nothing, LAPD had already asked Trijicon for a simple duplex reticle, so that's what they got.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.
Bureaucracy occurred.

My guess is someone pushed it to the brass because SOCOM has ACOGs, and then someone else said, "We don't need all those extra lines." Before anyone could explain that using a standard model would hurt nothing, LAPD had already asked Trijicon for a simple duplex reticle, so that's what they got.
View Quote
That sounds about right
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a duplex.  

View Quote
I feel just the opposite. It's got very clear crosshairs, something their stupid BDC does not. I zero these scopes at 200 yards. I'm be 1.5" high at 100, 7.5" low at 300. This is useful for 90% of all self-defense needs.

If I have one criticism it's that ACOG isn't offered with a fiber optic bar for daylight illumination.

The 200 yard hash mark on most ACOG reticles is a hindrance to precise shooting. The 3.5x models got rid of it and it's a vast improvement IMO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It probably has an alternate aiming point that hits 24" high, and 36" left of the actual zero at 100m meant to be used on folks who aren't cisgender white males.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, that's dumb.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I feel just the opposite. It's got very clear crosshairs, something their stupid BDC does not. I zero these scopes at 200 yards. I'm be 1.5" high at 100, 7.5" low at 300. This is useful for 90% of all self-defense needs.

If I have one criticism it's that ACOG isn't offered with a fiber optic bar for daylight illumination.

The 200 yard hash mark on most ACOG reticles is a hindrance to precise shooting. The 3.5x models got rid of it and it's a vast improvement IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a duplex.  

I think the horseshoe dot is the answer.  You have an illuminated dot for 100, then crosshairs for more precision past that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top