Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2017 9:53:48 PM EDT
I currently have a Gen 2 Vortex Razor HD 1-6 scope on an AR-15 that I use for 3 gun matches.  I really like this scope. I want to buy another 1-6 scope to use on a SCAR 17 and a Tavor.  I’m thinking about getting another Vortex Razor HD 1-6 but am wondering if they’ll be releasing a Gen 3 version of this optic sometime soon.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the first question you have to ask is what needs to be upgraded? I have no clue, I thought the Gen II was pretty solid. And if Tier 1 units are starting to try them out, I’m not sure you will see a Gen 3 for awhile. The Gen 2 has been such a big hit that if they do release a 3 within the next 2 years, it may be more of a marketing push with little to no real upgrades or improvements.

If the Gen 2 is working out great for you in 3G, why try to change?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure there was only one generation of Razor HD 1-6. I'm pretty sure it's the Gen2 Razor LPV because  the previous iteration was a Razor HD 1-4x. Similar to how the Vortex Viper went from a 1-4 to a 1-6. If there's a Gen3 Razor HD LPV it'll be a 1-8 IMO. 

ETA: Maybe @VortexSam can confirm my belief on the Razor HD Gen1 and Gen2
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well the first question you have to ask is what needs to be upgraded? I have no clue, I thought the Gen II was pretty solid. And if Tier 1 units are starting to try them out, I’m not sure you will see a Gen 3 for awhile. The Gen 2 has been such a big hit that if they do release a 3 within the next 2 years, it may be more of a marketing push with little to no real upgrades or improvements.

If the Gen 2 is working out great for you in 3G, why try to change?
View Quote
I think the Gen 2 is excellent.  Prior to owning this optic I’d only used red dots and a 4-16 scope.  After using the Razor 1-6 I wonder if I’ll ever buy another red dot for a rifle.  At 1x the Razor is about as fast as my Aimpoint Red dots but it’s a lot more flexible.  I had to see it to believe it.  It looks like a lot of thought went into the design of this optic.  I’m wondering what other surprises the engineers at Vortex may come up with in a Gen 3?  That’s part of the allure.  Having said that, here are a few (admittedly minor) improvements I can think of that I’d like to see made to the Gen 2 version:

-The current  zoom adjustment knob is very stiff.  I installed an after market throw switch to help make quick adjustments.  
-Add flip up lens covers.
-Add the ability to set 2 separate zeros for elevation and windage.  This would make it more convenient to switch the scope between rifles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure there was only one generation of Razor HD 1-6. I'm pretty sure it's the Gen2 Razor LPV because  the previous iteration was a Razor HD 1-4x. Similar to how the Vortex Viper went from a 1-4 to a 1-6. If there's a Gen3 Razor HD LPV it'll be a 1-8 IMO. 
View Quote
I'm with you, next one will be razor 1-8 or greater.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Thanks for sharing this!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
As one of the users said that in that thread, I am patiently awaiting the latest and greatest 1-8 from Vortex or Nightforce. NF's 1-8 has been rumored to be in development for quite a long time. It also makes sense for Vortex to be developing a Razor AMG 1-6/8.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
1-8 and this year ....I bet...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top