Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:36:39 PM EDT
I really want a LaRue Iron Dot but because they hate me, they stopped making them. Is there anything that comes close for mounting a Vortex Venom?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Looks good, thank you.

Also, my memory was bad. They didn't discontinue the Iron Dot entirely, they discontinued the model with the integrated flip up rear sight. The regular version only works with the Pride Fowler lug pattern, which is not compatible with the Vortex Venom.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Leupold's Deltapoint Pro is already ruggedized with a spring steel shroud around the window frame. It is duty grade.  That shroud is actually more protection and provides an unobstructed peripheral view around the optic.  The 28mm glass is also considerably larger than most, if not all comparable mini-reflex red dots and WAY larger than the typical 20mm glass in Aimpoint micros.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks good too. I like the hood over the top, the throw lever and the cowitness height of the LaRue. I already have the Venom.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah.  I wonder why they stopped.  I guess not a lot of people buying them.......  It's catching on more now though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Leupold's Deltapoint Pro is already ruggedized with a spring steel shroud around the window frame. It is duty grade.  That shroud is actually more protection and provides an unobstructed peripheral view around the optic.  The 28mm glass is also considerably larger than most, if not all comparable mini-reflex red dots and WAY larger than the typical 20mm glass in Aimpoint micros.
View Quote
The Delta Point Pro steel frame wont protect it from a waist high drop on a handgun, much less a chest high drop on a rifle. It needs a protected mount, like what was shown. Too bad they don't fit the DPP.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Delta Point Pro steel frame wont protect it from a waist high drop on a handgun, much less a chest high drop on a rifle. It needs a protected mount, like what was shown. Too bad they don't fit the DPP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine has a scrape on the hood where my rifle fell off my workbench on concrete floor.   The fall was hard and right on the optic.  The optic's function was unfazed.  I did use cold blue to touch it up, as the hood is steel.  There is an air gap between that hood and the glass window's magnesium frame, allowing the spring steel to absorb the impact without transferring it to the glass.  It is a good design.  It worked.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you know which ADM mount is in that pic?

Thanks

ETA looks like AD-170-VPG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top